• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beginner Anny disc?

I'm also going to work on forehands since they naturally fade right (rh'd thrower) but till that gets better thought maybe a different disc would help..

Forehand approaches make the game so much simpler, and the Buzzz is a good learning disc. Once you get the hang of it, forehanding a stable disc is the most reliable way to make a shot finish right and accurately (assuming RHBH), especially if you have to throw low because of overhanging branches and such.

Throwing a stable putter (Wizard, etc.) on an anhyzer works well, too, because they flatten out rather than roll at the finish, but you need more height and controlling distance is trickier. Throwing a turnover or annie with an understable disc is a much touchier shot, but useful to learn for getting out of trouble.

Good luck!

All about the Cobra. Kite is also pretty good.

And I think you are asking about a Turnover, not an anhyzer.

7th page, finally someone said Kite. I use the Kite for these shots, but I've seen many people throw a cobra for this with great success. Cobra is very beginner and advanced friendly. When your ready for a turnover driver go straight for the vision, it's unbelievably easy throw.

I currently throw a Buzzz for my mid but, I'm having some trouble with moderate range (~200 ft) anny throws. I've also got a Buzzz SS but was wondering if there would be a better disc. I know Comets are great but I'd rather not have one mid w/o a bead and the other with.

just get a lighter pro d buzzz

I use a Cobra for this sort of shot. With the right angle, the cobra will sweep to the right and not come back much at all for me. I've used it for many shots. I find the more beat the Cobra, the harder right it will turn, which is why I carry more than one in several states of wear to allow better control.

I use a Coyote. Once you beat the in, they will hold a great anny line

The Stingray and Stratus are also solid

I currently throw a Buzzz for my mid but, I'm having some trouble with moderate range (~200 ft) anny throws. I've also got a Buzzz SS but was wondering if there would be a better disc. I know Comets are great but I'd rather not have one mid w/o a bead and the other with.

There have been some great suggestions out there already. Here is my list with some of my personnel opinions.

(On a note for 200ft you may already have the disc you need for that range in the buzz and the buzz ss)

However if you are looking to test some plastic which is fun here is my list

1. Z comet - great glide but is finicky and will make you pay for bad form. It also can be pushed around in the wind some. it is a great disc for form work.

2. Roc - if you are just looking for an anny disc you have to season the roc. They are terribly inconsistent from run to run. So if you do not live near a good disc golf store it is like gambling buying them on the internet. However when you get a good one they are sooo nice.

3. Buzz - you already have one. You may just need to work on release angle and this will work well for you in the future.

4. Buzz ss - You already have one and these tend to be just like a seasoned buzz.

5. Fuse - I would start out with a GL. These are a bit more pricey then the roc and buzz and are similar to the comet but not as nose sensitive.

6. meteor – Is a true anny disc. If you throw it flat it will turn by itself. Nice glide not as much as a comet but pretty nice.

These are the discs I would look at first. You can not really go wrong with any of these.

How long it holds it is another question but you can throw an anny with any disc.

Do you understand what an anny is? If it doesn't hold it and fades, that's called a flex shot. Therefore, it's not an anhyzer. If you throw an anhyzer with a firebird you probably just threw it way too low and it didn't have the height to flex back. An anhyzer must finish right (rhbh).

Any disc can be thrown with an anhyzer release

Best would probably be a Stratus/Shark/Wolf for mids. Best though would be a putter, I'm partial to gateway so I'll say a gateway magic.

Do you understand what an anny is? If it doesn't hold it and fades, that's called a flex shot. Therefore, it's not an anhyzer. If you throw an anhyzer with a firebird you probably just threw it way too low and it didn't have the height to flex back. An anhyzer must finish right (rhbh).

Any disc can be thrown with an anhyzer release

.....:confused::confused:

so for clarifiation... flex shot is one that is thrown anhyzer and still fades, and anhyzer sot just turns over with no fade back?? haha i thought i knew what was what

Innova Wedge. It is sorta new and is great for the any shot/ hyzer flip. It works like butter for me

2. Roc - They are terribly inconsistent from run to run. So if you do not live near a good disc golf store it is like gambling buying them on the internet. However when you get a good one they are sooo nice.

I disagree wholeheartedly

it has the same inconsistencies as any other disc; dome and plastic blend.

Do you understand what an anny is? If it doesn't hold it and fades, that's called a flex shot. Therefore, it's not an anhyzer. If you throw an anhyzer with a firebird you probably just threw it way too low and it didn't have the height to flex back.

... got it; all annys are just height-impaired flex shots

anyway, Voodoos are great for this (after a round or two to lose their LSS, or just deflash HPPs)

Latest posts