• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best all around disc

Nope, you made it a lot worse.

I'd be wiling to bet that most people praising the axis as the best all-round disc probably haven't played a single disc round with both a comet, and an axis. Discspeed probably has, but he wouldn't say anything bad about MVP unless you paid him :)

I hate to say it because I don't carry one, but if you had to play a round with only one disc, make it a 175g Buzzz. If it's cold, use FLX Plastic. Otherwise some sweet CryZtal plastic will do nicely.

I'd be wiling to bet that most people praising the axis as the best all-round disc probably haven't played a single disc round with both a comet, and an axis. Discspeed probably has, but he wouldn't say anything bad about MVP unless you paid him :)

Don't pull me into this...I didn't try to correct someone elses' opinion.:D

Comparing the Comet to the Axis is pure silliness...To say one is better is to say the other doesn't need to exist, and that's simply untrue. They are very different discs for different styles of throwing.

I throw Comets exactly like I throw my putters, only longer. I use my putter type throw with them in terms of nose angle and trajectory. The N Axis I'm using now wants to be thrown almost like a driver. They can achieve similar lines if height is not a consideration, but they way they do it and what it takes to make them do it is totally different. The Comet resists my arm speed, flying just as far with a slower throw. My Axis responds better to my arm speed it that it goes farther when I give it more. It's as if the Comet is pushing through/riding on the air while the Axis is cutting through it. Both like snappy releases though, they also have that in common.

Last edited:

Im typing this on a phone so I can't do too much copying and pasting...but did you read my post about a page back? Basically I said that any stable midrange would be ideal for a one disc round. The Comet is an awesome disc and I've praised it in other threads. But look at my sig...why would I say anything other than an MVP disc? :D

Discspeed's analysis of the Comet and N Axis may be accurate, but doesn't negate the fact that one could easily interchange the two and be succesfull with both.

I can play any course with a Champion Cobra. Close 2nd would be a Kenny Glow Roc.

Cobra is a decent fairway/mid/putter, drives way too understable but I would concur, cobra is what I recommend to all under 18 years old as their first disc.

Cobra is a decent fairway/mid/putter, drives way too understable but I would concur, cobra is what I recommend to all under 18 years old as their first disc.

A premium or new Cobra doesn't drive undestable in my experience.

Don't pull me into this...I didn't try to correct someone elses' opinion.:D

lol no doubt...just poking fun at you.

I agree with all the other stuff you said. Playing a one disc round with an axis was the biggest reason that I came to the conclusion that it wasn't for me. I just couldn't shape lines and work it the way I wanted.

BTW...have you played a one disc round with a N Axis?;) Big difference from the Protons.

Discspeed's analysis of the Comet and N Axis may be accurate, but doesn't negate the fact that one could easily interchange the two and be succesfull with both.

I disagree with this. They fly so differently, they can't really be considered as the same type of disc. I, myself, wasn't able to be as successful with any plastic axis as I am with any plastic comet.

Different strokes for different folks.

I disagree with this. They fly so differently, they can't really be considered as the same type of disc. I, myself, wasn't able to be as successful with any plastic axis as I am with any plastic comet.

Different strokes for different folks.

I agree with your disagreement. However, I must also note that imo you must spend like 6 months and couple tournaments to really learn any stable mid to the extent that you can really compare it to another(that you've had that much experience with), and this is especially true with discs like the Comet/Axis that take completely different approaches/throwing styles. Once you've spent enough time with each disc you can go back and forth, but if I want to throw a Comet on the course now I need at least a little warm up in the field to remember how it works exactly.

Champ Cobras are nothing like this. They are very similar to a Z Buzzz in hss.

Innova finally corrected the Champion flight numbers in their attempt to remake them (King Cobra).

DX HSS: -2
Champ HSS: 0

Yes- and on top of that, the Champ Cobra is the longest Midrange Disc that I have ever thrown

Does anyone have an extra? I am on my backup now & have no more (except the new ontario and glow, which i find are a bit different than the flat awesomeness)

Last edited:

Latest posts