• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Course in Texas

SpringDgLover

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Alright folks since its already pretty much established that Texas is "The" go to disc golf destination ;). I wanted to know what course ya'll think is the best in the Lonestar state. Since I haven't had the privilege to have played all the courses in this fine state I have a relatively small sample size to pull from. But if I had to pick just one course to play with all things equal I think I would go with..... drum roll please.... Pease Park. Hopefully this thread will give me some ideas for future DG road trips. Let the debate begin!!!!!

Pease Park has lots of competition. Note: I have only played two of following I have listed, but you don't hear anything but good things about them.

Harry Myers

Lester Lorch Park: Beaver & Coyote

Circle R: Circ Hill & Rolling Meadow

East Metro

Oak Meadows Park

Cameron Park East

And last, but certainly not least:

Shawshank

So this is my biased pick - but I would say Harry Myers as #1. I would say all of these are probably than Pease Park in my opinion, but I'm sure Beaver, East Metro, and both Circle R courses could give Harry Myers a run for it's money. It would be interesting to talk to a person who has played them all and get their take.

Well, I know this is not the best course, but I haven't played that many in Texas so I am going to put in a plug for you guys and gals to try Bandera DGC. If you throw in the Medina River on #5 you can always go commiserate at the 11th Street Cowboy Bar.

I've only really played the Austin and surrounding area courses. My favorite is Pease with East Metro close on its heels. Although, I do feel I have a bias towards Pease as it's the course I learned on and have played the most. I'm heading out to Circle C this weekend for the first time since the revamp and I loved the course before so I'm sure I'll like it even more now. I've always wanted to get out to Circle R as I hear that's the best course(s) in Texas, but the stars just haven't properly aligned as of yet.

I've only really played the Austin and surrounding area courses. My favorite is Pease with East Metro close on its heels. Although, I do feel I have a bias towards Pease as its the course I learned on and have played the most. I'm heading out to Circle C this weekend for the first time since the revamp and I loved the course before so I'm sure I'll like it even more now. I've always wanted to get out to Circle R as I hear that's the best course(s) in Texas, but the stars just haven't properly aligned as of yet.

I'm sure people could argue that the revamped Circle C could probably make my previous list.

I've only really played the Austin and surrounding area courses. My favorite is Pease with East Metro close on its heels. Although, I do feel I have a bias towards Pease as it's the course I learned on and have played the most. I'm heading out to Circle C this weekend for the first time since the revamp and I loved the course before so I'm sure I'll like it even more now. I've always wanted to get out to Circle R as I hear that's the best course(s) in Texas, but the stars just haven't properly aligned as of yet.

Thinking more about it - it wasn't that I didn't like Pease, it's a great course - but I think it's popularity overrates it a little. It's a great disc golf experience, but I think within the past few years there are a lot more Texas courses out that are starting to outshine it. However, if you're talking golden oldies, then Dallas people will probably want Veteran's Park somewhere on the list as well.

I have only played in the Fort Worth area and my favorites are (so far) in no particular order:Bear Creek, Jimmy Porter (now defunct?), Bill Allen and Bicentennial.

I have only played in the Fort Worth area and my favorites are (so far) in no particular order:Bear Creek, Jimmy Porter (now defunct?), Bill Allen and Bicentennial.

Bill Allen.....really? Not a bad course but there is NO way that pitch and putt is even in the top 100 in texas

Lester Lorch and Cameron Park East have to be in contention!

Pease Park has lots of competition. Note: I have only played two of following I have listed, but you don't hear anything but good things about them.

Harry Myers

Lester Lorch Park: Beaver & Coyote

Circle R: Circ Hill & Rolling Meadow

East Metro

Oak Meadows Park

Cameron Park East

And last, but certainly not least:

Shawshank

So this is my biased pick - but I would say Harry Myers as #1. I would say all of these are probably than Pease Park in my opinion, but I'm sure Beaver, East Metro, and both Circle R courses could give Harry Myers a run for it's money. It would be interesting to talk to a person who has played them all and get their take.

Harry Myers is a great course, but I like Pease better. There are too many filler holes at Harry Myers. If Pease had concrete tees, then this isn't even a conversation.

Circle R is definitely NOT the best course in Texas.

veterans park hasnt even been mentioned yet?!?! im not sure if its THE BEST but cmon its gotta be in the tops right?

out of the course ive played here in the dallas/fort worth area i have to say LESTER LORCH(either one)
or Z-BOAZ!!(another one that at least deserves to be mentioned)

Bill Allen????? really....lol no no no no, throwing your putter the WHOLE round does not qualify as BEST in texas

Jimmy Porter was pretty awesome

Bear Creek- my personal favorite, but im sure others would say theyve played better

im not saying your wrong on these, im just stating my personal opinion and if these are what you believe then more power to you....everybody looks for somethin different in a course:D

and if you ever are in east texas check out pecan park and pioneer park two hidden gems that a lot of people dont know about. both are great courses though, not the "best" in texas but certainly some of the best in EAST texas, and theyre only like 5 miles apart

Really? I've heard nothing but good things and high praise about it, but like I said I haven't been there myself. If you were to put the following courses in order of best to worst what would it be? I picked the ones that I consider the best in the Austin area, but I haven't played the Circle R courses or the Twin Parks Country Club courses.

Here's my ranking from best to worst in the Austin area IMO:
Pease Park
East Metro
Circle C
Williamson County DGC
Steeplechase
Brushy Creek M.U.D.

Circle R (not included in my rankings cause I haven't played it)
Twin Parks (not included in my rankings cause I haven't played it)

dont be too quick to judge. the redo makes it as good as (if not better) than east metro...

and just to inform everyone, the best courses in texas by far were three courses on one property, but it was shut down a long time ago...
San Saba's "Strawbale", "Meadering Meadows", and "Colorado River"

but obviously this thread was about current courses... sorry

Latest posts