• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best courses in Austin, TX?

Mr. Plow

Eagle Member
I'll be making a trip down to Austin in a couple weeks and wondered if any of you locals could recommend a few courses to check out. I'll be with the girlfriend, and she'll play with me but isn't exactly awesome or anything. I'm thinking we'd like to hit up 2 or 3 courses while we're there. Maybe one or two which are a little more challenging and then a fun, easy one for her. Any recommendations?

There is some discussion here:

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15556&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I really enjoyed Pease Park, it seems like the classic old school Austin course to play. We took a newbie with us and he enjoyed himself, even though the course is pretty challenging (a stream enters into play on many of the holes).

ridgeline (new,has elevation changes like crazy but by far the best imo)
circle c (new face lift worth the play)
pease (oldy but def one of my faves.old school austin flavor for ya)
met center (new addition,definitely fun to play)
wilco(another personal fav...but more north towards round rock)
east metro (manor)
twin parks dg country club in dripping springs(2 courses).- very nice place for a full day of fun

all those are challenging to some extent but pease,wilco,and even circle c arent crazy technical.. for a nice and easy birdie run course, zilker park would be fun for you and your girl

youll love it here man! were definitely spoiled with all these great courses. the dg scene is pretty big here in austin. maybe disc junkie and i can hit a round with yall or somethin

Definitely take her to zilker for a nice, easy fun round. It is on the shorter side and is pretty easy. It makes for a good fun round. On the more technical side of things, all the previous recommendations are good. Circle C is an easy drive from Zilker.

I also need to play these other courses, Ridgeline sounds great. Pease Park was easiest for my wife and I to play, since it was more centrally located. The rest of the courses were all out in the boonies, but all of them seem well worth the drive.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys. Someone told me Zilker was a fun course before, but I couldn't remember what it was called, only that it was a funny word and started with a "Z". LOL.

I haven't thrown a disc in a few months because it's been so nasty here, but I'll be in DFW too so I'm excited to play some nice, warm TX disc golf!

booter said:
youll love it here man! were definitely spoiled with all these great courses. the dg scene is pretty big here in austin. maybe disc junkie and i can hit a round with yall or somethin
I've been to Austin once but it was a long time ago, I just remember it was a blast! I'd heard your DG scene is pretty sweet so I'm stoked to play some courses down there!

Booter, I'm not sure when we'll be down there exactly, but I'll be in DFW from Jan 14-23. We'll be booking a hotel in Austin soon so I'll let you know when we do and maybe we could play a round! :)

If im available when you're in town I would be more than happy to throw with you and whoever else is with ya. Maybe not so much booter but he could go too :twisted:

Biggio4HOF said:
I'd be more than happy to show y'all around some of the south/southwest courses. (Circle C, Twin Parks, Ridgeline)
Your screen name is awesome. Who woulda thought after `93 or `94 that HE of all people would be a surefire hall of famer.

Latest posts