• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best DG ap for score keeping?

Horsman, you can already import all your uDisc stuff on the site. Just export it from the app and then upload the CSV files to DGCR through your scorebook's mobile tools. That way when the DGCR app is out you can just sync it up and you're ready to roll.

Wow, just tried uploading for the first time and its just way too long of a process. Im better off just looking at my phone and manually doing every single one. Way too much work for me to track all of my rounds on DGCR and not worth the time. Ill just wait til the app comes out and then see if its better than uDisc and if not then Im out of luck.

There's really no other way to go about it. All you have to do is upload the CSV and associate each round with a played course and approve it. 4 clicks per round, no typing. Not really that much of a process considering the information is coming from a third party app with limited course information.

Here's a post with instructions on exporting all rounds. Maybe you were going one by one?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2741168&postcount=32

Last edited:
Also the uploading process didnt work for me. The course name didnt auto fill in and I also could not put it in. Not sure if it was me or not but Ill just wait.

If you want to email me your CSV I'll take a look at it, there could be something in there that I didn't account for in the importer.

Is there an app out there that will let you customize the number of holes and what hole you start on? Sometimes tourneys add a couple holes, and there isn't any way to deal with that on the PDGA or the few free apps I've tried. I'm willing to pay, but I need to make sure it has the capability. - I'm on iphone.

I use uDisc and I like it a lot. I can pick what layout I want to play and what hole I start on. Not sure if I can add holes though, I haven't tried. I do like that I can find courses with gps and all that it's pulled up are up to date and accurate layouts.

Is there an app out there that will let you customize the number of holes and what hole you start on? Sometimes tourneys add a couple holes, and there isn't any way to deal with that on the PDGA or the few free apps I've tried. I'm willing to pay, but I need to make sure it has the capability. - I'm on iphone.

The DGCR app does that, it's only on Android at the moment but we're working hard on the iPhone version. You can add holes already, starting hole is one of the planned updates for both versions once the iPhone app is rolled out.

I use uDisc and I like it a lot. I can pick what layout I want to play and what hole I start on. Not sure if I can add holes though, I haven't tried. I do like that I can find courses with gps and all that it's pulled up are up to date and accurate layouts.

You just need to make a new local course. I do it all the time for tournaments that dont use the standard number of holes at the course.

You just need to make a new local course. I do it all the time for tournaments that dont use the standard number of holes at the course.

Thanks! Never used that feature. I'll have to try it today one my 1.5 rounds

I've been using Disc Caddy 2 for a while and it does the trick for me. I mostly just that I can track my scores and then quickly upload (although a couple courses in particular seem to have issues).

Maybe i'll use some of my google credit to check out the DGCR app and see how it compares. The real question there is - If I make the switch, will I lose all my in-app stats? All my rounds are already uploaded to the site, so would that be downloadable to the app for more robust stats? I've tried hard to build up multiple rounds at a few extra courses and don't really want to try over again!

I've been using Disc Caddy 2 for a while and it does the trick for me. I mostly just that I can track my scores and then quickly upload (although a couple courses in particular seem to have issues).

Maybe i'll use some of my google credit to check out the DGCR app and see how it compares. The real question there is - If I make the switch, will I lose all my in-app stats? All my rounds are already uploaded to the site, so would that be downloadable to the app for more robust stats? I've tried hard to build up multiple rounds at a few extra courses and don't really want to try over again!
All the rounds that are on the site can be imported into the DGCR app so you won't lose anything in that respect. I haven't used the app you mentioned so I don't know what stats it keeps. The DGCR app has a bunch of stats in-app and then relies on the site for the more advanced stats.

Oh that's great! All I really care about is hole scores. I don't track putts or OB or anything like that. Just like to know what I typically score on a hole (especially at a course that isn't a regular). I expect a trial attempt sometime soon!

Udisc user here on IOS as well. I will be looking forward to the IOS version on DGCR.

same. Udisc isn't a bad program at all, but having seen buddies with the DGCR app on their phones, I am definitely looking forward to the IOS app coming out.

If you want to email me your CSV I'll take a look at it, there could be something in there that I didn't account for in the importer.

Toss me your email and ill send you my uDisc csv file

Someone already did. It looks like uDisc changed the file format in some version (the newest one I think). I have a few files to work with so I'll get it working again next week.

Latest posts