• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Shoes?

uhhhh so it looks like Terrex AX3s in size 10-11 are on sale for 50$ on Amazon. big price drop, at least from what they retail for on amazon. Just thought I should let the good people on here know!

uhhhh so it looks like Terrex AX3s in size 10-11 are on sale for 50$ on Amazon. big price drop, at least from what they retail for on amazon. Just thought I should let the good people on here know!

looks like you can get them on the adidas website for 56$ with the 30% off code. so maybe not that crazy but still a good deal.

I would highly recommend the Salomon Sense Ride 2's or 3's. Incredibly comfortable and tons of grip, really no complaints with these at all and I believe they do make a gortex model as well if you're looking for something waterproof. They only lasted me about 8 months, still wearable but I've worn most of the bottoms off at this point and can be slippery now. But I played a ton of rounds in these over the 8 months, easily a couple hundred rounds. =) Oh, almost forgot the best part, the lacing system is incredible, every shoe should use this. Just pull the cord/lace and it pulls snug around your foot and then tuck the cord in the little pocket on the top of the tongue. No more wandering through the rough or woods and get laces snagged, great shoe for disc golf in my opinion.

https://www.runnersworld.com/gear/a26783155/salomon-sense-ride-review/

There are definitely factors that attribute to the best disc golf shoes, but I wouldn't say one specific pair is the best. The idea shoes will help to protect your feet from rough terrain while keeping them dry and comfortable.

If you play regularly then you really should be looking for shoes that are pretty comfortable on rough terrain, and durable enough to handle these environments. Most regular running shoes are pretty comfortable, but when you start to wear them consistently in rough terrain they will begin to fall apart very quickly. That being said, if you base your decision strictly off of the durability of shoes then you aren't going to get the most comfortable shoes possible.

Just got my third pair of Terrex Swift R GTX. (I think these are the R2 version...) I will wear nothing else. I've tried several hikers, but find them too clunky and chunky. I like to feel a bit lighter on my feet.
The Terrex grip like Spiderman on the side of a speeding bus, and keep the feet dry. They tend to last me almost two years (playing a minimum of 3 rounds per week, with no toe-dragging since I throw backhand most of the time), and my wife thinks they "look cool."
Definitely on the narrow side, but they break in and loosen up pretty well. It's all a matter of personal taste, of course, but I wholeheartedly recommend these for any disc golfer.

Just got my third pair of Terrex Swift R GTX. (I think these are the R2 version...) I will wear nothing else. I've tried several hikers, but find them too clunky and chunky. I like to feel a bit lighter on my feet.
The Terrex grip like Spiderman on the side of a speeding bus, and keep the feet dry. They tend to last me almost two years (playing a minimum of 3 rounds per week, with no toe-dragging since I throw backhand most of the time), and my wife thinks they "look cool."
Definitely on the narrow side, but they break in and loosen up pretty well. It's all a matter of personal taste, of course, but I wholeheartedly recommend these for any disc golfer.

Spiderman is not real. otherwise, good review:|

After playing for quite a few years I've tried a bunch of shoes. Settled for Merrell Chameleon. Currently lasted me the longest and am on my second pair, lasting about 1.5 years per pair of all year round play. Only down side is in the summer they're hot! I will be continuing to play with them in the winter and wet months, however, I want some thing for the summer that are a little bit more breathable.

I've tried the adidas Ax3s and blew them out within 4 months this summer. Had the Salomon speed cross' for something else previously and no go with those either. I am wondering if rather than going with a trail running shoe you go with more of a turf baseball/soccer shoe to have more lateral stability and upper durability.

Would the rubber soles of those shoes hold up on concrete teepads? Has anyone played with soccer or baseball turf style shoes?

After playing for quite a few years I've tried a bunch of shoes. Settled for Merrell Chameleon. Currently lasted me the longest and am on my second pair, lasting about 1.5 years per pair of all year round play. Only down side is in the summer they're hot! I will be continuing to play with them in the winter and wet months, however, I want some thing for the summer that are a little bit more breathable.

I've tried the adidas Ax3s and blew them out within 4 months this summer. Had the Salomon speed cross' for something else previously and no go with those either. I am wondering if rather than going with a trail running shoe you go with more of a turf baseball/soccer shoe to have more lateral stability and upper durability.

Would the rubber soles of those shoes hold up on concrete teepads? Has anyone played with soccer or baseball turf style shoes?

the old consensus was you would bust your knee out if you had that type of grip on the pivot

idk tho try it and let us know

Made the switch from Oboz to the Merrell Moab 2

Super stoked buy my new Moab 2 shoes. I killed a pair of Oboz over the last year. Being in need of a shoe with a wider toe box, I stumbled on the Moab 2. So far, this has been one of the smarter purchases that I made not just for my disc golf but for every day life.

I would suggest these shoes for anyone looking for a very comfortable shoe. I also really like the aggressive sole on the shoe, especially on really wet, slippery grass.

Super stoked buy my new Moab 2 shoes.

Ditto. I found the heel took some getting used to. But after that I really started to like them. I got the breathable ones and use waterproof socks for wet times. I'm going to buy a second pare before they go OOP.

Ditto. I found the heel took some getting used to. But after that I really started to like them. I got the breathable ones and use waterproof socks for wet times. I'm going to buy a second pare before they go OOP.

I quickly got used to the heel cup only because I stand back on my heel because of requirements of my body mechanics. But, I will be getting at least one more pair before years end.

For the last 2 years I've been playing in La Sportiva Boulder X approach shoes and wont hesitate to buy another pair if/when these finally wear out.

The shoe is an all leather upper with a Vibram and climbing rubber sole which makes them solid even when the pads get a bit wet and slippery.

For wet/cold days:
Salomon X Reveal GTX
Walking shoes with grippy soles that keep my feet dry. Light weight (320 grams). What a big improvement these are after those heavy Merrel Moab 2 GTX (844 grams) I had. They're very comfortable to me after broken in and the lighter weight helps me x step with less effort. They're lasting long as well.

For dry days:
Asics tennis shoes (Gel Game 8 now but may upgrade to Solution speed FF2). Goretex can get pretty hot so for the warmer days I wanted some more breathable shoes. Tennis shoes seem to make the most sense for disc golf as these are designed to offer the most stability for lateral movement. Even lighter (285 grams). If its dry the flat soles are grippy. These have been my favorite shoes to play in so far. Not sure how long they'll last, but since I stopped toe dragging I think they're going to last a decent while

Notes.
I have avoided running shoes as these are stabilized for forward movement. I don't think that the forward pronation is something you want in disc golf. I'd also avoid shoes with too much cushioning like those for basketball. We want to stay low to the ground as we brace. Don't want things to get bouncy and break our ankles.

Sent from my SM-G991N using Tapatalk

For wet/cold days:
Salomon X Reveal GTX
Walking shoes with grippy soles that keep my feet dry. Light weight (320 grams). What a big improvement these are after those heavy Merrel Moab 2 GTX (844 grams) I had. They're very comfortable to me after broken in and the lighter weight helps me x step with less effort. They're lasting long as well.

For dry days:
Asics tennis shoes (Gel Game 8 now but may upgrade to Solution speed FF2). Goretex can get pretty hot so for the warmer days I wanted some more breathable shoes. Tennis shoes seem to make the most sense for disc golf as these are designed to offer the most stability for lateral movement. Even lighter (285 grams). If its dry the flat soles are grippy. These have been my favorite shoes to play in so far. Not sure how long they'll last, but since I stopped toe dragging I think they're going to last a decent while

Notes.
I have avoided running shoes as these are stabilized for forward movement. I don't think that the forward pronation is something you want in disc golf. I'd also avoid shoes with too much cushioning like those for basketball. We want to stay low to the ground as we brace. Don't want things to get bouncy and break our ankles.

Sent from my SM-G991N using Tapatalk

I use the ASICS Gel Scram 6's except during winter and I absolutely love them. I pretty much never slip ever and they feel really good on the feet after playing all day.

I use the ASICS Gel Scram 6's except during winter and I absolutely love them. I pretty much never slip ever and they feel really good on the feet after playing all day.

gel scrams work great for me too. sometimes you can get great deals on them online.

Latest posts