• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idio Syncrasy Disc Golf Shoe

Aside from the posts about reviews....the shoes are expected to ship in Oct. (per https://idiosports.com/products/syncrasy). Now whether that is to the buyer or just to the U.S. isn't explained.

The current status is that they are still in the phase "Load product for freight shipping and customs clearance". Once past that, the next phase is "Receive product at US port of Savannah". Then they have to be inventoried before they go to the buyers.

https://idiosports.com/pages/production-schedule

Aside from the posts about reviews....the shoes are expected to ship in Oct. (per https://idiosports.com/products/syncrasy). Now whether that is to the buyer or just to the U.S. isn't explained.

The current status is that they are still in the phase "Load product for freight shipping and customs clearance". Once past that, the next phase is "Receive product at US port of Savannah". Then they have to be inventoried before they go to the buyers.

https://idiosports.com/pages/production-schedule

Oooof... October is a lot later in the year than the April they had expected a couple months ago. Sounds like their biggest issue is they have no idea how to do international shipping.

I guess I won't expect to play in these until 2023, and I won't be surprised if this first order ends up being the ONLY order since they ****ed this one up so bad. Sell the design to Asic's or something and cut their losses.

Oooof... October is a lot later in the year than the April they had expected a couple months ago. Sounds like their biggest issue is they have no idea how to do international shipping.

I guess I won't expect to play in these until 2023, and I won't be surprised if this first order ends up being the ONLY order since they ****ed this one up so bad. Sell the design to Asic's or something and cut their losses.

I won't go as far as saying 'they f***ed this one up'. There really has been a supply chain issue and shipping issues. These were made somewhere in Europe so getting the needed supplies pushed back times (delivery was originally supposed to be Jan) and then trying to get them shipped has delayed it further. I know of other companies that have had shipping issues as the supply chain improved and every company tries to get their stuff shipped.

But I will say, if the quality is poor, it could be the end of the company - at least for disc golf shoes.

I won't go as far as saying 'they f***ed this one up'. There really has been a supply chain issue and shipping issues. These were made somewhere in Europe so getting the needed supplies pushed back times (delivery was originally supposed to be Jan) and then trying to get them shipped has delayed it further. I know of other companies that have had shipping issues as the supply chain improved and every company tries to get their stuff shipped.

But I will say, if the quality is poor, it could be the end of the company - at least for disc golf shoes.

It's no longer "supply chain" because the products are made and packaged. It may be a "shipping logistics" issue, but that is solved by having someone who understands international shipping running the process. The fact that these have been sitting in a box in a port for 2 months makes me guess they are winging it.
It won't really matter the quality if they can't keep the business afloat with more orders, which isn't happening, since they don't have a production plan.

October?

The email said they were shipping June 6th for the untill pre-orders. That's crazy if the initial batch doesn't arrive until October, I'm pretty sure that's for the next batch currently in production.

Last edited:
I didn't realize they were already working on a second batch? I had assumed all the Kickstarter orders were the initial first order? Unless there was a second wave that was opened up that I didn't catch.

I didn't realize they were already working on a second batch? I had assumed all the Kickstarter orders were the initial first order? Unless there was a second wave that was opened up that I didn't catch.

I'm honestly not sure but I believe that's the case. The initial pre-order ended sometime in May, that's what is shipping June 6th. You can order shoes right now and those will be October from my understanding.

I'm honestly not sure but I believe that's the case. The initial pre-order ended sometime in May, that's what is shipping June 6th. You can order shoes right now and those will be October from my understanding.

Ehhh... I think the ones that can still be ordered are just extras from the initial batch, since there only appears to be finite number left of each size.

And there's this note below it "Attention! This is a pre-order and we are currently in production of this run of product. Please see the estimated shipping date below."

So first run will be shipping in October, hopefully. But I'll put my money on '23, since they will be really struggling to get these on a boat when big retailers will be ramping up on their holiday supplies.

Ehhh... I think the ones that can still be ordered are just extras from the initial batch, since there only appears to be finite number left of each size.

And there's this note below it "Attention! This is a pre-order and we are currently in production of this run of product. Please see the estimated shipping date below."

So first run will be shipping in October, hopefully. But I'll put my money on '23, since they will be really struggling to get these on a boat when big retailers will be ramping up on their holiday supplies.

Not sure what the June 6th email was about then. No way it takes 4 months to get here if it's shipped in June.

Not sure what the June 6th email was about then. No way it takes 4 months to get here if it's shipped in June.

Their timeline shows it has to be loaded for shipping, clear customs, arrive in Savannah, possibly go through U.S. customs (not sure about this), then all the shoes have to be inventoried, and sent out to the buyers. Depending on how many shoes there are, inventorying them and prepping them for mailing can take a while.

Corry Ellis giving Idio some fairly high profile face time by setting the pace at DGLO.

I'll give Idio this: their logo makes it easy to tell who's wearing their shoes.

Latest is they are 'at anchor' and due in port August 15th. After that, they have to be inventoried and then shipped out.

Unfortunately, but not at the fault of the company

giphy.gif

Latest posts