• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Shoes?

I drag my toe on my drives and the tee pad wears a hole in the toe of my right shoe. Any suggestions for a shoe that can hold up to being dragged on concrete tee pads?

what are peoples exp with timberland?

I drag my toe on my drives and the tee pad wears a hole in the toe of my right shoe. Any suggestions for a shoe that can hold up to being dragged on concrete tee pads?

LOL...cut a piece of old DX and some duct tape...it'll fix it! (banjos softly play in the background):thmbup:

I bought a pair of Keens a few years ago and was disappointed in them. The treads wore down quickly and separated from the soles. The sides were splitting at the seams within weeks. I wore them for a year and a half to get my $125 worth.
Memorial Day weekend I went to the NorthFace outlet store in the area and picked up a pair of NorthFace Vindicator Mids with Vibram soles and Goretex liner for $60. Played 30 or so rounds with them so far and they are still holding up very well.

I wear Keen Alamosa, they are a trail running shoe. Or if it is really wet and/or there are a lot of water hazards I wear Keen Escape H2, they are lighter and dry faster than the Newport H2s.

But I basically wear Keen for everything so I am probably a bit biased.

Once you use Five-10's AKA 5-10's. NOTHING will compare. I'm truly in awe of how well these shoes have held up (5-10 Impacts). However, there is no perfect shoe. So, these are pretty stiff at 1st (designed for mountain biking and base climbing), but they have become very comfortable. Their "stealth" rubber soles are VERY sticky (made for rock climbing). However there are lighter compounds they offer. I like them, because of the fog around the course I play. It truely is like throwing from a dry teepad, no slipping what so ever! They have great toe coverage and I still have yet to wear through the toe area (approx a year of playing).
Best place to check them out is Zappo's. com. You can pop up a video on the shoes you are looking at and read reviews of the shoes.

Once you use Five-10's AKA 5-10's. NOTHING will compare. I'm truly in awe of how well these shoes have held up (5-10 Impacts). However, there is no perfect shoe. So, these are pretty stiff at 1st (designed for mountain biking and base climbing), but they have become very comfortable. Their "stealth" rubber soles are VERY sticky (made for rock climbing). However there are lighter compounds they offer. I like them, because of the fog around the course I play. It truely is like throwing from a dry teepad, no slipping what so ever! They have great toe coverage and I still have yet to wear through the toe area (approx a year of playing).
Best place to check them out is Zappo's. com. You can pop up a video on the shoes you are looking at and read reviews of the shoes.

Thanks man I just placed an order for the Five Ten Canyoneer 2's and cant wait for them to get here. Got em from ZBSports for $123 shipped, after watching a few vids and reading many reviews theses are the shoes for me.
canyoneer-f10-1-yel.jpg

I've tried numerous merrells, keens, and various trail hiking shoes... The Keen Milo II were good, but a little heavy and construction wasn't the best. (i'm a dealer by the way, so it's my job) The salomon XA Pro 3D GTX and XA Pro 5 have by far been the best I've tried. A lot of pro's are transitioning to Salomons as well. They're light weight, with good construction, comfortable, great traction, and good stability. Great looking shoes as well
8037557-AA_400.jpg

81003_enlarged.jpg

Good looking shoes.

1. What do they cost?

2. Where can you buy them?

3. Are they water proof?

Good looking shoes.

1. What do they cost?

2. Where can you buy them?

3. Are they water proof?

Salomons Fall Line is coming out soon:

1. XA Pro 3D Ultra (non waterproof gortex) $100
XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX (gortex waterproof) $125-140 depending where you get it
XA Pro 5 $125-140 depending where you get them

2. Online at most place if you google or through me :thmbup:

3. The GTX models are, the XA Pro 5 (2nd pair is not, but super light weight and comfy) just depends what type of shoe you need, in the summer I were the XA Pro 5 because it breathes and is light. When its cold or rainy I were the XA Pro 3d GTX.

I do rotate between the two and keen milo II's, all great shoes.
I will let you know the Salomons have a posted arch support which is
different than the Keens which can take some time to get use to.

Thanks man I just placed an order for the Five Ten Canyoneer 2's and cant wait for them to get here. Got em from ZBSports for $123 shipped, after watching a few vids and reading many reviews theses are the shoes for me.
canyoneer-f10-1-yel.jpg
Thanks a lot! Now I'm out $90.00!!! OK...kidding :) I went to Zappo's to check out the video on those shoes and saw the Impacts on sale for $87.00......So I HAD to buy them lol!!

Peace!

Tokyo, what do you mean by dealer? Like a rep or strictly sales? Salamon only?

And yes, salamon is the leader in lightweight, actractive styles- but they also tend to be the least durable and most exspensive.

^^^
Nice Hikers! Not sure if I would wear them playing DG but awesome deal!
:clap:

Man, as awesome as Salomans were for me they just didn't last. Mine were super comfortable and waterproof but the sole would delaminate after about a month of use. REI let me destroy the soles of two pair in the span of 3 months before I gave up on them and went to a sturdier shoe.

Last edited:
Man, as awesome as Salomans were for me they just didn't last. Mine were super comfortable and waterproof but the sole would delaminate after about a month of use. REI let me destroy the soles of two pair in the span of 3 months before I gave up on them and went to a sturdier shoe.

So what have you found to be more resiliant?

Hey all...

I'm more of a reader than poster here but this thread has raised a question for me...

Is there a required footwear for playing? My usual footwear on the course are Keen Newport H2s. They are a slip on sandal/water shoe ( I can't get the pic to post right) Anyway, are these "legal" if I ever get comfortable enough with my game to play a tournament?

Thanks for answering, I appreciate all the great info I've gotten from this site and all you guys/gals!

Hey all...

I'm more of a reader than poster here but this thread has raised a question for me...

Is there a required footwear for playing? My usual footwear on the course are Keen Newport H2s. They are a slip on sandal/water shoe ( I can't get the pic to post right) Anyway, are these "legal" if I ever get comfortable enough with my game to play a tournament?

Thanks for answering, I appreciate all the great info I've gotten from this site and all you guys/gals!

As far as I'm aware, there is no "illegal" footwear for PDGA tournaments. You can play barefoot if you want. Show up in some strappy pumps. The only gear they care about keeping legal are the discs.

When I first started playing DG, I wore walking boots.
Eventually, I noticed a problem with my big toe because the boots were too wide for my foot.
I won't go into a lot of detail, but i bought a pair of correctly-sized NB sneakers to play DG.
The sneakers (NB623's) are fairly flat on the bottom and don't really grip very well. Surprisingly, my game AND my feet improved. Having a fairly slick sole has caused me to learn to throw with better balance and pace.
I have seen plenty of good players playing in everything from sandals to work boots. It's you, not the shoe, that really matters.

Latest posts