• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best discs you've found

Not the best but just found a gem yesterday. 2008 tourney stamped Ontario Star Roc, nice light pink, 180g. No contact info, if you lost it at Diamond X in Billings, MT, hit me up so I can return.

Might sound silly, but a DX Stingray with a small crack in the flight plate. It was the first Stingray I'd ever thrown and really liked it. I threw it until the crack increased and eventually bought a new one. Still have a DX Stingray in my bag at all times.

I found many marked that I returned - Including a 2002 CE Roc a few years ago.
Some of the best unmarked and unclaimed - 10x KC Teebird, Champ Whippet & a CE Eagle.

^ this guy found a really awesome 2014 Bluegrass Open stamped Axiom Crave in the snow yesterday. My favorite disc in the bag at the moment, I was about an inch short of losing my mind before I saw him walking down the hill with it.

Found a Sonic once called the guy and he told me to keep it, it's been my main putter ever since.

When you have 40 times as many people, 200+ times as much land mass, and more than 4,800 courses compared (to what, 20 over there?), not to mention a thriving casual scene that doesn't even involve tournaments, that "its a small world after all" utopia isn't going to be possible.

Its not a utopia. Switzerland is real, you know? :D

It's just a smaller country and a community at a different stage of development.

In my first year or so of playing, I found one of these at Mt. Airy & turned it in to the Lost & Found at the Nati.

AviarHands01.jpg

It was a little more beat up than this pic, but my conscience said to try to get it back if anyone was looking for it. I posted the info in the Lost Disc Mega Thread and on the local club site...

...now I feel bad because it's very possible it may have once belonged to a regular (and good guy) here on dgcr, and by now, it's probably long gone to somebody's collection. :(

Last good disc I found was a seasoned Big Bird Roc 3 - called the number, talked to the owner, said he'd come by to pick it up. 3 months later, still waiting.

Proto Star D.
Nice shape, probably 8/10, little bite marks on one side, like someone was using it as a toss and catch disc with thier little doggie.
Clean # on it, called the guy, offered to stash it somewhere, or return it to him, he lived locally.
He said, no worries, he would rather wait and just play a round with me sometime.
Never heard from him again.
Park is close to Microsoft, so I figure it was someone who didnt really care, maybe got transferred, probably a zillionaire.

Its a max weight, which is too much for me, I have a 169 bagged thats money, so its going to be auctioned off here soon, so stay tuned. The first gen Star D's are amazing, stable, but glidey, nothing they've run since flies as nice.
Just ask Feldberg.;)

Latest posts