• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best One Liner Tips?

DiscFifty

Banned
I was recently given this tip, I guess because it was so simple, so utterly true, it just made sense and has immediately changed my game forever. "Take the easiest shot you can make." This was from a pro helping me understand my mental game and trying to shave a few strokes off my game. Granted it's not the aggressive nature the pros take, but I think it really makes sense for the am player who might have plateaued a bit with their mental game. Got any others?

"Take that one line!"
(Wait, is that not the type of one liner you were referring to?)

No seriously, probably "Only think about the next throw" is the best advice for how to focus on what's important vs. getting in your own head about the last hole, or the next hole, or whatever.

"Take that one line!"

No seriously, probably "Only think about the next throw" is the best advice for how to focus on what's important vs. getting in your own head about the last hole, or the next hole, or whatever.

Yes, that is also what he told me. After the disc in the air, forget about the last throw and move onto the next. Good advice for sure.

My buddy always reminds me to "Never disrespect the putt", meaning always set the bag down and focus appropriately, even if it's practically a 'gimme'.

On a tight fairway, tell yourself to "hit the gap."

Don't think to yourself "don't hit the tree."

All your brain hears is "hit the tree."

Also the best advice on putting I've ever heard was from a female player who I knew in Phoenix. I had a problem with putting low and hitting the front of the tray. She would always say,"if you can't get it up, you'll never put it in."

If you're hitting trees when you throw, you should start aiming at them. You're obviously not hitting what you're aiming at.

"Play to your strengths instead of playing around your weaknesses."

For me this was huge, after spending tons of time trying different discs, form and practice it became apparent that I'm never going to be a better than average putter.

But my versatile driving and upshot game is good, and when I practice I still see improvement. So instead of trying to be a great putter, I just try to be good enough at the things I do well, to not Have to be a great putter.

Very solid advice.

I think it's someone's signature, or was...I know I read it here somewhere:

"Clear your mind and throw the disc"

"Are you smarter than your ego?" - Mind, Body, Disc

or

Attachments

• Matrix-Final.jpg
    Matrix-Final.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 57
"Take that one line!"

Only think about your current throw.

Don't try so hard