• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broke 500 ft Barrier!!

The disc "disappears" into the trees & the camera stops moving, then the camera pans and the disc is seen coming out of the trees.

Is there someone in the trees we can't see, throwing a second shot at the point I mention above? That's the impression I get when watching the video.

I don't know about someone in the trees, but I saw the same point where the disc disappears....I am thinking creative editing!!

it may have bounced off of a tree, the angle it was going down at before it disapeared and the angle it re-apeared at dosent make sence w/o a skip/bounce off of a branch

it may have bounced off of a tree, the angle it was going down at before it disapeared and the angle it re-apeared at dosent make sence w/o a skip/bounce off of a branch

turn = lift.
I for one think its legit. Dude just has a big arm and his body understands how to do it. Its not impossible

What high school is that? looks like they have two of my company's scoreboards!

Jrawk, i replied to one of your posts on another thread...i play less than an hour from where you live...in Dahlgren, VA, Navy Base... right across the bridge from Laplata. and the High School is Washington and Lee highschool in Montross, VA.

you should come throw some. ;)

it did not hit anything, those trees are pretty far away, even though watching the video they look close. i wish the batting cage things were not directly behind the field goal, and there are trees and a field that is fenced off not even 50' left of the corner of the football field, so if i throw the disc over that way i risk losing it.

The disc "disappears" into the trees & the camera stops moving, then the camera pans and the disc is seen coming out of the trees.

Is there someone in the trees we can't see, throwing a second shot at the point I mention above? That's the impression I get when watching the video.

my GF was holding the camera, she did the best she could, its raw unedited film, if you turn it up you hear the birds and stuff.

Gifted would be an accurate statement. it really doesn't matter who believes you. I am assuming the only reason you posted this is because you care what people think. distance is an awesome thing to have. Keep it up and start playing some tournaments if you are serious about the sport. If the rest of your game progresses as fast as your D you will be quite a threat.

Good Luck.

the orginal reason i posted or even created an account here if you read my orginal post, was to get help with my driving.

youre a noob, to the forums and to the sport. jrawk commands a modicum of believability. i want to hear what he has to say about your skills.:hfive:

i took a look at the vid numerous times. pausing and playing to get that slow motion effect....

does seem to re-appear. quite wierd. it disappears at a lower heighth than where ir re-appears.

go out to a course and bomb a 500+ drive. that'd be a vid worth seeing.

I'd ignore Apothecary if I were you. You don't have to prove anything to anyone.

There's a funny thread where he accuses some guy of being a Gorilla Boy sock puppet.

well it kinda sux too that i only have 1 destroyer disc, so im throwing it, going to get it...throwing it, going to get it...i have a boss disc also that i use but i couldnt get it to go as far. i probably threw the destroyer disc 7 times that day, and the boss disc probably 5

i took a look at the vid numerous times. pausing and playing to get that slow motion effect....

does seem to re-appear. quite wierd. it disappears at a lower heighth than where ir re-appears.

go out to a course and bomb a 500+ drive. that'd be a vid worth seeing.

your right, there is hardly any need or courses where this kind of drive is useful, when i play DGolf for score, i will try my best to throw accurate and fluid, so drives average around 400, which is more than enough for the course i play at, i spend about 80% of the time with the Roc in my hand as most of the par 3s are 220-320

ya sorry, i dont know enough about this game or the people who play it to know what is considered far or not, and i still dont understand why it matters to some people, i just set out for a distance goal for fun..i did not realize there were so many people who could not throw this far, the record for distance is something like 820' so i figured 4-500 would be average, and 600-800 would be the elite throwers...although i am thinking now that i could throw close to 600' if i was 3000ft above sea level.

Yeah, people do get but thurt when someone can throw farther than them. It becomes a dick measuring contest among old men, so don't let it get to you.
Cynical as I may be, you've got talent and I honestly really don't doubt your distances. I just want some clear video, and I could tell if it was true or not based on your form. But, as someone else said the distance records were mainly held in the desert, lower elevation, with MAJOR tail winds. 500' is possible at a lot of different elevations, close to 600 if you're just really hitting it. But, 500' is about 200' above average, as most golfers can throw 300-350' although with technology it's getting higher but not to that large of a degree. More people are able to throw 400' today than they could even five years ago due to technology. Let alone 10 years ago. With your relative newness to the sport, there are much worse assumptions people have made, so I can easily see why you're surprised people can't throw that far. You see the record, see how far you're throwing, you made a semi-educated guess. Just turns out people are much less athletic and much much less talented than you, lol.

DO NOT give up, 600' at your elevation I do believe is still possible. Get a few more destroyers, as they are definitely one of the better distance disc out there right now. You might even try an Millennium Orion LF, it's a bit smaller rim, you might be able to throw it farther. A woman set the womens' distance record with one in 09. But, between those two, you're doing good.

For reference I throw 400' average, and 450' is pretty much my max. I'm working to get closer to the 500' again now myself. But, I've been playing for 3 years now, so you can see why people are so skeptical. A very young kid, I think around 15 or 16 years old threw 703' in Bowling Green Kentucky during the Amateur National Championships practice round. But, he's also been playing since he was VERY young, but he has been setting world records for his age since he's been playing also. His name is David Wiggens Jr.

your right, there is hardly any need or courses where this kind of drive is useful, when i play DGolf for score, i will try my best to throw accurate and fluid, so drives average around 400, which is more than enough for the course i play at, i spend about 80% of the time with the Roc in my hand as most of the par 3s are 220-320

This is precisely the thing people don't understand. When you control a disc up to 500' your accuracy at lower distances increases tremendously!!!!! YOU will have a huge advantage being able to throw that Roc on holes people are using Drivers. Rocs are much more accurate! I'm glad you're using a Roc too, they're perfect for you power level. 500' drives are very useful, as when you stretch a mid range to your maximum distance for most people around 300' they are using everything to get it there. You on the other hand have plenty to spare and focus WAY more on accuracy, as your body is just barely having to work to get it that distance.

Last edited:
alright, jrawk...time to do your due diligence and verify this guy. :thmbup:

honestly it wont do any good, then me and Jrawk will both be video editing, 350' throwers. :p

LOL... right on. He can't putt any worse than i can. So maybe we can play Burke Lake where the average distance is 200'. You can tee off on hole 10 and play for hole 2's basket. :p

In all seriousness, i'm down for playing a round. Loriella would be a great place to showcase your drives.