• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

These finally arrived to shops in Finland. Ofc I had to pick few up immediately.

When I browsed through different colors and weights I noticed that there was a clear correlation between the weight and the domey-nes. The 177+ ones were mostly very flat while the low 170s had a substantial dome. Got one of the flatter 172 ones, but even that had slight shoulder on the edges.

What comes to the flight it was pretty close to my Verdicts, but I could only throw it 250ft. Felt really close to the normal Z Buzzz in the hand so I'll probably drop the Verdicts. If I decide to make the Buzzz -> Truth transition one day then the Verdict will come back as well.

So is the Buzzz for that matter. X Buzzz flies nothing like Z. Doesn't even look the same, domey vs flat. And forget about Pro D.

true but...
most Zs fly the sameish
most ESPs fly the sameish
most Xs fly the sameish (have yet to try new blend tho)
etc etc

this is true in pretty much most molds, plastic will effect flight characteristics.
dome variance happens across each plastic as well. all manufacturers contend with it.

i disagree. x flies like z.

i had more written out but my internet connection sucks D

Yeah the buzzz is far from the prodigy "M" series :| or different Rocs.

I still am not sure what a m2 should fly like or what a "real" roc is.

i disagree. x flies like z.

i had more written out but my internet connection sucks D

IDK, I had a somewhat domey red X Buzzz, my Z Buzzz' have all been flat. The X would do graceful medium-long S curves under power, not want I want from a Buzzz. On approach it would be glidey and not very straight. Z Buzzz you can throw on any line and have it hold.

Yeah the buzzz is far from the prodigy "M" series :| or different Rocs.

I still am not sure what a m2 should fly like or what a "real" roc is.

a "real" roc all depends on when the person started playing. for me 10x (early 11x) and 2000-2002/3 dx Rocs are the real deal. but in reality, i didnt notice a change in flight until about 2006/7.

i havent thrown an "actual" M2 yet (only the proto M3), does the production fly different?

i did a comparison post a while back

results may vary.

but d buzzes suck

i had a stable d buzzz that just bombed. i had planned to use it, but i let a newbie try it out and he threw it so well and really liked it i just let him have the thing. i havent seen him aorund recently but last time i did he was still throwing it awesome after a year+

I am sure this has already been brought up but I bought two first runs last week and they were so concave that they were pretty much damaged. I called the store I bought them from and they said this is an issue from Discraft...

I am sure this has already been brought up but I bought two first runs last week and they were so concave that they were pretty much damaged. I called the store I bought them from and they said this is an issue from Discraft...

and Discraft will either blow you off or tell you that if there is a problem contact the seller or even call you a liar (not directly but imply).
so best thing you can do is let the sun bake that thing while it lays upside down on a flat surface. i also like to add a black towel over the top to keep the color from fading.

and Discraft will either blow you off or tell you that if there is a problem contact the seller or even call you a liar (not directly but imply).
so best thing you can do is let the sun bake that thing while it lays upside down on a flat surface. i also like to add a black towel over the top to keep the color from fading.

If concave, you don't want to lay it out in the sun upside down! Right side up in the sun should get rid of a caved in flight plate. Air is trapped under the disc, sun heats it up, it expands, and should get rid of the concave top. See earlier posts re this...

So some people are saying they are quite OS/beefy and others are saying they are perfect.

Say you throw it back to back with a normal Buzzz that you rip 300' straight...what distance would you expect on the Buzzz OS and how significant a fade?

First impressions of Buzzz OS

Finally got my Buzzz OS in from GGGT. Here are my first impressions:

Some background on me
Throw both rhfh and rhbh. Golf distance about 450 fh, 400 bh
I play at elevation, home course is 5500 ft.
currently throw Z Buzzz, Ti Wasp, and Lat64 Sinus as mids (I know Sinus is a putter but functions as a mid for me)

To me this disc is going right in the bag. It has a similar flight to the Sinus but over a much greater distance.

Handles quite a bit of torque with my fh, where my Ti Wasps would turn over.

Almost flies like my firebird, although obviously not as fast with a bit more glide.

Fills a nice gap in my bag especially for forehand shots where the Sinus wouldn't get there and a Firebird or Destroyer would be too much club.

Discraft sales manager: we need to sell more, what can we do?
Discraft designer: let's put a new stamp on the Wasp and call it a Buzz OS
Discraft sales manager: People can't be that dumb to fall that

AND this is how the buzz Os was born

Discraft sales manager: we need to sell more, what can we do?
Discraft designer: let's put a new stamp on the Wasp and call it a Buzz OS
Discraft sales manager: People can't be that dumb to fall that

AND this is how the buzz Os was born

I was making the same joke until I threw 'em back to back.

Latest posts