• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Canadian Championship..

STOKED

Yeah , that's a stiff hike !

I'm getting strange looks at work cuz I'm driving 5 hours to Kamloops , coming back for 2 days of work then heading to Beaver State Fling , only to spectate tho ! Still STOKED !

Threw an ace Friday night after work , then played with my 11 year old son on Fathers Day and threw another ace to finish with my best ever round of -14 !:clap:

Really hope this can hold on for 3 more rounds !

How are the mosquitoes out there? We're under a full on mosquito Armageddon here at the moment and it sucks!

How are the mosquitoes out there? We're under a full on mosquito Armageddon here at the moment and it sucks!

There are a few, but Kamloops is pretty non buggy in general. I would imagine that Logan lake has the propensity to have a few more, but I haven't been there in a few weeks so I'm not too sure. Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried as I have never been bothered by any significant quantity but you could bring some spray just in case if you want.

I'll have spray regardless. Just hoping it would be a bit of a reprieve from this nonsense out here right now which it sounds like it will be! Thanks.

It is horrific here
I thought they were going to carry Emily away yesterday when I was trying to show the crew where to install the baskets at Thorncliffe

Bailey how is the weather and forecast...I will still check a weather app but would like to know from a local

...Bailey how is the weather and forecast...I will still check a weather app but would like to know from a local

We have a rainfall warning right now, but I think they are saying it will be done by the weekend. Maybe some isolated showers on Sat & Sun but I think it should be mostly pleasant (currently knocking on my particle board desk).

Hey Calgarians, I heard Hwy 1 might be closed in Canmore due to flooding.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2013/06/20/calgary-canmore-flooding-emergency-w.html

Just a heads up in case you need to find another way through for today or if it hasn't re-opened for tomorrow.

fuuuuu....

I saw some of that earlier but didn't realize they closed the hwys. Looks like it's going to get worse before it gets any better too. The alternate route west adds about 3 hours to my 6 hour trip tomorrow. :thmbdown: :(

uhhh....
954607_530763106991380_283631617_n.jpg

Right now it looks touch and go through Crowsnest, down to a single lane due to a washout. That's the next best option. If Crowsnest washes out it'll have to be North through Edmonton, Jasper and down the number 5.

:-/

You could also go through Creston up 3A to the ferry at Kootenay Bay to Balfour, Kaslo, New Denver, Nakusp, Revi, through to Kamloops. Not sure if it's any faster than heading up to Edmonton and down though, but another alternative none the less.

I guess it would be similar disctance to heading north from Cranbrook to Golden.

You could also go through Creston up 3A to the ferry at Kootenay Bay to Balfour, Kaslo, New Denver, Nakusp, Revi, through to Kamloops. Not sure if it's any faster than heading up to Edmonton and down though, but another alternative none the less.

I guess it would be similar disctance to heading north from Cranbrook to Golden.

Need to get past this to get to that route and it looks like there are mud slides to contend with near Kaslo.

BNOdqR6CEAIaknF.jpg:large

Looking more and more like I'll be heading North towards Edmonton and then over to Jasper to get there.

My route avoids all that

Just take the Dash8 over the mountains

This is the way i'm going now too. Not going to make the clinic or players meeting now though and I've got to work out rides for sat. and sun. but at least I'll be there.