• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Challenge: Rate an unrated course this summer!

Danger, are you going to try and add the other courses in Yellowstone?

What? Other courses in Yellowstone? Those don't exist! :p That being said, here are my thoughts so far:

Mammoth: Not worth posting
OF: Too dangerous to post
GV: Have not played
CL: Have not played
RL: Have not played

I hear the three I have not played are not worth posting. Guys, all of the courses up here are just object courses set up in random woods by random people. The only reason Lake has been added is because it has a few baskets. The others are equally as fun as playing 'Hey, lets throw at that rock/tree stump over there.' Nice for us to have something consistent to shoot at, but would probably be relatively boring for the visitors.

As it is, you really aren't supposed to be playing the Lake course if you are not an employee, but if you can find somebody to guide for you its okay (It starts/ends on employee grounds).

Dr. John snaked me on the Reno Adventure course. I was planing on reviewing it last night after I got home, and to my suprise he had beat me to it.

I am not planning any unrated course in the near future, but I am playing 2 with no pictures in the next 2 weeks.

I don't know how I will rate them, but the pics will help show people what the course looks like and will help justify my rating.

Volklgirl is a machine, and due to that fact, there are not very many unrated courses in my area, but I managed to find one in Alpena, MI called Lumberjack Meadows. My round and my review are complete, as well as pictures and hole info.

Thanks to Todd Wiley for taking the time to join us and be a fantastic guide. :thmbup:

Last edited:
While we were in Alpena, we also played Eagle Country. There was no hole info, so I was able to flesh out the course pages with info from the tees, and some pics to complement the existing pictures from the tee.

While it wasn't an unrated course, the reviews left a little to be desired, I thought, so I was able to add a bit more detailed review, and give the course a well deserved higher average rating.

Went to there to hit an unreviewed course, and was rewarded with a little gem of a 9 hole course. The sun even came out when I started the round. :)

I hit 5 today, and plan on hitting 5 more in the next 2 days. There just happens to be a huge string of unrated courses on the path that I'm traveling at the moment, and it's great fun hitting these courses not knowing what to expect - Forest City IA was a gem of a find (though I kind of knew what to expect from the many pictures).

Reviews I just posted (sorry for another shameless plug, just trying to do my part around here):
Forest City
Oakwood Park
Thompson Lions Park
Clarks Grove
Ellsworth College Park

I also updated course info where applicable and uploaded pictures for all of these courses.

Added and reviewed a new course about 30 miles from home up in Baldwin. Pictures were taken, but since almost every hole didn't have the pin visible from the tee and we used a POS phone, I don't really know if they're worth it.

Little Oaks DGC

Last edited:
wheres the update?

Impatient are we - gotta ask twice within 5 minutes...

Crazy thing is most of Wyoming doesn't have 3G coverage, much less a cell signal, so I haven't had a chance to update.

Another crazy thing, turns out I have to work a day earlier than I expected (nobody actually knew that, at least to the point that somebody would actually tell me these things), turns out I was several hours Late. Point is I won't be able to do as thorough of an update that I had planned. I did get to play some great courses - and I have one more unrated course to review - I may get in a couple of other reviews as well, and then I'm disappearing for a month.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3894

Gotta admit, I was excited to be rating an unrated course until it came time to put the words down on electrons.

Didn't realize how much my reviews counted on clarifying other reviews and how gaping the holes were that I'd be leaving for others to correct. Didn't help that this course isn't trying to be the greatest course on earth as much as trying to be the coolest bar on earth!

Latest posts