• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Complaining About Facebook Auctions MEGATHREAD!!!

I'm not really trying to make a bunch of money. I have nothing rare or OOP that I'm trying to sell. Just trying to get rid of some throwers to help fund this upcoming season for me.

I'm not really trying to make a bunch of money. I have nothing rare or OOP that I'm trying to sell. Just trying to get rid of some throwers to help fund this upcoming season for me.

if you are truly trying to just get rid of throwers, then put them on here at a decent price. they will sell and you'll cover some of your cost. prepare to get lowballed by about 1$ on a lot of discs. it's kind of funny, actually. then you stop and think about it, realize it's just 1$ and roll with it even though you know you're already offering a good price.

we're a community, just like FB. it's not really a head-to-head comparison. i've sold a bunch of discs on here and i've sold a few on FB as well. i enjoy selling on here, i get to make my own thread, be silly/fun and make sure people are satisfied. i like to support this site and i like the feedback as well as the camaraderie so i sell most of my stuff here. *shrug* pick your poison. this site does more for me than FB so i gave my five.

Last edited:
I have a few in my collection not many i have them on the wall like most people that have meaning to me, a few that are worth money. I have a CE FB, DX Viper that is from when innova name was different :clap: , i have an AJ signed destroyer, jolly destroyer, couple of first runs (dominator, scout, and krait) my first putter and superman stamped (licensed from DC :D ) the first disc i won at BG :) full colour buzz, pre-first run mako 3. To me these are just history in 20 years myself and my children can look at the history of Disc and how it has changed

It looks like the FB DG market is starting to show some cracks; hella people getting ripped off lately on pretty much every site, fake name accounts springing up by the dozens, convicted felons running a few of the sites, and lots of non-payers or straight scammers. I'd be very hesitant to buy via Facebook at the moment - especially with PayPal F/F.

Finally got added to the DGCE. Out of curiosity, can somebody tell me what's the deal with the Augusta Wraith's? $160?? Is this just one of those discs that gets a reputation and there is no explanation for?

Wtf is the trend with the F/F paypal thing? It's not a gift transaction so why do people insist on having it sent that way?

It looks like the FB DG market is starting to show some cracks; hella people getting ripped off lately on pretty much every site, fake name accounts springing up by the dozens, convicted felons running a few of the sites, and lots of non-payers or straight scammers. I'd be very hesitant to buy via Facebook at the moment - especially with PayPal F/F.

A TON of shill bids, as well. That market was just begging to be a scammer's paradise.

Bought and sold 30+ discs there and haven't had an issue yet. I like selling discs in the market place here, but some people are very cheap here and I've made a lot more via fb auctions. I did run into a seller from Santa Cruz who took over two weeks to ship, but that being said I got a first run mako3 flag stamp off him for 15.00 and I was down to wait

i've noticed that despite the hype, many auctions seem to be hanging around more reasonable prices and in fact, sometimes the pendulum has swung the other way. i feel bad though for people who want to sell regular throwers and give people deals. they get buried and then have to compete with the hype machine.

i think the sellers are realizing that they don't control the pricing and they're scared little girls - now all i see is people "taking offers". in fact, one goon made it a point to put up his anthon destroyers, tell some bidders straight up that they werent bidding high enough (at 65$ for one), made a few other snide comments, and in his description stated "i reserve the right to not sell if your offers are not up to par".

WHY CAN'T WE EVER AGREE ABOUT PAR

Last edited:
i've noticed that despite the hype, many auctions seem to be hanging around more reasonable prices and in fact, sometimes the pendulum has swung the other way. i feel bad though for people who want to sell regular throwers and give people deals. they get buried and then have to compete with the hype machine.

i think the sellers are realizing that they don't control the pricing and they're scared little girls - now all i see is people "taking offers". in fact, one goon made it a point to put up his anthon destroyers, tell some bidders straight up that they werent bidding high enough (at 65$ for one), made a few other snide comments, and in his description stated "i reserve the right to not sell if your offers are not up to par".
There were issues with some of the "sales" and after long discussion this ("i reserve the right to not sell if your offers are not up to par") is how they decided it should be handled
WHY CAN'T WE EVER AGREE ABOUT PAR

Funny ending! :clap:

The most annoying part about the FB auctions when I was doing them is the guy that contacts you 10 times about wanting the disc and wins the auction, but says it will be a few days to get the money then never does. DFSHDSDFASDFN!!!

Bumping this because I've jumped on the FB auctions bandwagon. I've have good luck unloading some plastic that I wasn't able to here, and for reasonable prices. I honestly think it is a very fair way to deal discs, because it shows, to a tee, exactly what people are willing to pay. Yes, there is ridiculous inflation on pre-flight this, or swirly/pearly that, but so what? If you're buying, put in what bid you're willing to pay up to, and if it gets too high, bummer. As a seller you may luck out and get a nice premium on something. There is always an opportunity to take a significant loss, but in my experience there are enough people out there looking for a variety of plastic that most times you end up alright. I really think that this outlet for dealing plastic is biting into the Marketplace here. It seems like there is a lot less traffic, then same threads every day and minimal activity.

Bumping this because I've jumped on the FB auctions bandwagon. I've have good luck unloading some plastic that I wasn't able to here, and for reasonable prices. I honestly think it is a very fair way to deal discs, because it shows, to a tee, exactly what people are willing to pay. Yes, there is ridiculous inflation on pre-flight this, or swirly/pearly that, but so what? If you're buying, put in what bid you're willing to pay up to, and if it gets too high, bummer. As a seller you may luck out and get a nice premium on something. There is always an opportunity to take a significant loss, but in my experience there are enough people out there looking for a variety of plastic that most times you end up alright. I really think that this outlet for dealing plastic is biting into the Marketplace here. It seems like there is a lot less traffic, then same threads every day and minimal activity.

Not exactly. I've had the same disc sell for as little as $7 and as much as $23. All it shows is the ballpark of what people are willing to pay and exactly what the winner was willing to pay.

Latest posts