• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint Pro in hand. DD future releases.

SteezeOG

Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
I got to have a long talk with Rusco today at DD which is always awesome. He always makes me feel like I'm talking to the best chance disc golf has of going much bigger.

Anyway I got to ask my fill of questions so I'll share that after the pics of the Saint Pro he let me pick up. They go on wholesale tomorrow I think which means they are able to buy in store at their locations already or soon. Online next week I think. I took a few pictures and asked about the flight. I'll throw it later today when I go play and post that when I get home.

Feels the same as a Saint in the hand. Little sharper edge like they have and not the fury. Not a first run stamp like they have done with the Mace and stuff. It does look professional though.

2i7s0hy.jpg

Profile. Slight dome to them like the Saints.

34ijnyx.jpg

My boy Kyle wasn't there again but Rusco said Emac was loving the Saint Pro so far. The guy working the counter said he got some feedback from another employee (he throws an air trespass about 600') and he thought it was pretty OS. I don't know who was calling it the slower stiletto but he also said it wasn't as OS as a PD which is what I wanted to know so that's pretty conflicting. If it's a mini stilletto it should be more OS than a PD. I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

I posted about it in the Judge thread but here is the biggest news to me.

I don't think any of this is betraying confidence he knows I have a big internet mouth and in the past has told me when to keep things quiet, which I have. Like the name of the Renegade. So it must all be stuff he's said to others or even on Facebook.

"Guys....I got to talk to Rusco at DD today. Like always I asked when do I get to throw a Lucid Judge. Unlike other times when you get an uncertain date I got a smile and he walked to the back. When he got back I was looking at an unstamped caramel color 175g Moonshine Lucid Air Judge.....it was sick. The best premium plastic putter I have ever felt. He said Lat64 showed them the stacks last week while he was overseas and wanted to regrind them. I'm all for quality control but these were great to me. I guess they want a smoother flight plate surface but these didn't feel spongy at all like innova blizzard. I really hope they didn't regrind them but I know they'll keep trying until they get what they want. Jeremy said he was pleased with them. The color was a result of the air process to the moonshine plastic. It was a light caramel brown. Transparent though. So sweet."

I also asked a lot about the GBO next year and possible course changes. I don't know how they can top last year but they're going to try by first moving it back a few weeks. It will be the first week in May next year and that might keep some rain and wind away. If the municipal course isn't used, which is possible, look for Peter Pan to play a bigger role.

No more stores for now he said. He's had plenty of chances but right now they want to keep the name they have and reputation. Any future stores would need to be backed by people who can carry that on. I loved to hear this.

On the topic of their new molds he said they don't have any for this year. Next one will likely be a speed tenish understable driver. Like more understable than the renegade. Maybe a faster Underworld? I'd love that. Lucid Air Moonshine Judges, lucid verdicts in february, and maybe some moonsine trespass and truths that aren't just fundraiser tourney discs. Lot of good possibilities.

Finally I commented about the positives I've heard about their bag line and asked what else he wanted to take on in the disc golf market. Would we see a DD disc golf shoe? I was joking. He smiled and said they've been testing some stuff in that area. That's freaking awesome. A shoe that is quality but under a hundred bucks. We talked a little about how it's impossible to make a shoe that can last more than a year or two of heavy play but that when you spend 70-99 bucks a pair you don't really feel the need to complain. You got your money's worth. I'd rock some DD shoes. Fanboy out. :D

Is that a glow opto? If so, was it like traditional lat moonshine plastic?

A profile next to a regular saint would be helpful

My assumption was a nose spacer and/or an "x" notch but I'm not sure I'm seeing that in the pic...I would assume a higher PLH in comparison to a saint though

Am I imagining a micro bead?

A profile next to a regular saint would be helpful

My assumption was a nose spacer and/or an "x" notch but I'm not sure I'm seeing that in the pic...I would assume a higher PLH in comparison to a saint though

Am I imagining a micro bead?

Reckon I can do that before I go play. It'll be after I finish this plate of stuffed meatballs though, only a few things could pull me away from that to take pictures of discs and I don't think you have the right parts to make that happen. I'll get a few pics though soon. I think I've lost all my opto saints it'll have to be a goldline saint but should give you an idea. I really can't see a difference but I haven't looked it over much.

I can hook my fingernail on it but I wouldn't call it a bead of any kind. Just some flashing that I'll leave on while testing.

Last edited:
I thought Tompa Lompa :) had mentioned that it was a mold change of some sort

Anyway enjoy your meatballs and we'll wait for the side by side pic

Higher wing height/PLH saint sounds like a disc a tooon of people have been wanting.

Looks like a wide rim Eagle X to me. Interesting.

hold on let me clean up this mess...its everywhere..

wanyone know the where-abouts on a preorder?

I got a new plastic chubby going on. Talk about a late entry for disc of the year. Saint Pro is the giver of sick flex shots. I already declare this my favorite of their molds. Not including DD or WS but strictly Lat64. I can already see the guy who says this is a flippy roller for him. That guy needs mental help. It's not a direct replacement for a C-PD or a Z Predator but people who still throw those beat in cause they can't get a good replacement from Lat64 are going to be all over these. I had zero issues keeping it nose down like I sometimes do with a Saint.

I threw nothing but the three I picked up today. Opto Saint Pro 168g and I hear the heavier weights fly the same as the light so go light and get a heavy to see for yourself. 177g Classic Truth and 175g Classic Warden. Classic Truth is nasty good it's going in the bag right next to the classic fugitive and lucid truth. Classic Warden is no threat to me or the people who love the Judge. I'll keep it for beating up into an anny approach disc for a wooded course maybe. It's frost white with a first run american flag stamp it's a looker it's worth keeping but it's no judge. I like it more than I like the Warlock though.

I'm drifting so back to the Saint pro. I didn't really want to throw hyzers it's so good at taking a little anny and coming out of it consistent and predictable every single time. I did throw a few into a headwind of about 10mph. One with just the slightest amount of hyzer and it never flipped past flat. Another with much more hyzer and it never flipped flat just held the hyzer line all the way.

The best thing about it for me is all the fade is forward. Like a really good seasoned z predator or newish elitex predator. Same for a seasoned c-pd or new p/s pd. Always comes out of an anny line unless you're really rolling your wrist or throwing a roller line. I was getting a ton of forward and left skip but this was on dry newly cut grass so take that for what it's worth. Doesn't really feel like a pred or pd in the hand it feels like a saint but it sure flies different. I did throw once with my GL Saint on the same little bit of anny that I had just given the saint pro. It rolled over like a dog. I need to get two more of these picked out before they start shipping. Not trying to rub that in and no I won't be mailing any out, sorry. I'm lazy and I like to play not spend time at the post office. DD will ship them out to your door better than I. :eek: