• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Now that's a pro call-out

HyzerUniBomber

* Ace Member *
Below is what Gregg Barsby just posted on FB. Pretty much taking some folks to task I guess??!

This is a call to arms. A call to the arms of the guys who I travel and compete against all the time as I pursue my dreams of making a life out of playing Disc Golf. I understand not everyone on my facebook pages is in that position, so please, I understand you may feel strongly this way or that way about it... but this really is not intended or aimed at you. It's more geared towards the best players in the world (my peers) who have continually taken this "path" and I'm finally going to type some stuff down. CHANGE is a big thing people talk about in our little game guys... and yes, its still little but growing bigger all the time.

Isn't it about time that the selfishness, cheating, clawing, and begging for the "pinnacle" of achievement comes to a close? look, me of all people can understand how difficult it is to stay out on the road and play for a long time with nickels and dimes to live on, even when I've had my great stretches of golf in my career, it still came with a price to do this and its not all awesome, all the time. Okay, your reading this and say "yeah well I'm a super-competitor" or whatever. yeah thats great, so am I... thats why we've played together, this is our sport. The "Clique"-iness has reached a new height, and the shadiness of some of the golfers has hit an all time low. Do you realize what you're doing can affect all of our futures? who's going to pay a bunch of little babies who are ungratful for the things they DO have.. and only have an unquenchable thirst for something more, or better for themselves and them only.

When will you see that acting like this, or not following some simple rules is what will keep our game in the dark and behind the shadows of all the mainstream media outlets... they know what a show is... THIS **** WON'T FLY... ya feel me... it won't fly... you love things that fly right? IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE! I'm not using caps to yell either, i wan't that to be bold. and I feel bold, and somewhat alone in my fight to get this thing right... you know who you all are ...i surely do...

Hear me out guys (i can't speak for the gals I don't play event rounds in the division) Look, I've been playing disc golf now for 20 years now... TWENTY YEARS! I learned and was taught the ways of old by some of the hall of famers and legendary people you kids have never even heard of, growing up in California... where the game started. WHY ARE YOU MESSING THIS UP? WE JUST WILL CONTINUE DOWN THIS ROAD!! I'm trying to make something out of life and you are not doing me... (or yourself) any justice because of the silly games or lack of integrity in regards to rulings on the road... where's the comradery between the players? We ALL need to step up and ACT like real professionals before anyone will ever treat us like one or get paid like one... and I know you want that. Okay thats all for now... and oh yeah... there's more. It's not over. thanks for reading... (by the way I will say the rulebook needs to be re-done)

Yep. It does seem like he is talking about a large, young clique of players always looking for something more for themselves without regards for others. This has gotta be a shot at the Prodigy guys.

Yawn. Vaguebooking at its verbose best. A lot of words that don't really say anything at all.

OK, you guys reading this, it is your responsibility to take action! We can't stand this kind of behavior anymore. You know what I'm talking about and you know who you are. Now go do the thing you are supposed to do, because you know it is the right unspecified thing to do!

DO IT! NOW!

And don't give me any excuses about an iron leaf either, this is serious business.

It's vague and doesn't make sense to you because he's not talking to you. I bet the guys this rant is aimed at know exactly what he's getting at.

I agree to all of the above in terms of it being vague, but it does seem that if the intended audience actually reads it, there's a very good chance they'll know it was aimed at them and what it's all about. However, that doesn't mean they'll do squat about it.

Last edited:
it's a social media world man, social media is private now. where have you been? is there really a better place to address that crowd all at once like that? do they have group pro disc golf meetings to discuss this type of stuff? would he be better off going one by one to every top pro and saying this?

he's just doing what society does.

OR... maybe they need MORE drama.

Reality shows pay big bucks for personality conflicts!

Yep. It does seem like he is talking about a large, young clique of players always looking for something more for themselves without regards for others. This has gotta be a shot at the Prodigy guys.

I would guess that is the most probable thing too, but WTF are the Prodigy people supposed to do? They want to make a living too, and they already know that the current player sponsorship model isn't going to make them a living, or even bail you out when your car breaks down.

I wonder if the Prodigy guys aren't shopping around for a better deal with somebody other than their current sponsor.

OR... maybe they need MORE drama.

Reality shows pay big bucks for personality conflicts!

I'd watch a reality show about Disc Golfers traveling around playing DG and hating on each other. Not sure about the general public though. It would have to be more than Gregg. Probably have to also have Feldberg's Bus and the Prodigy crew. It would have to freely show folks getting high, finding a mate for the evening, etc.. If couldn't be G rated and be successful. There would have to be a lot of hating going on between the different groups, and some serious love triangle, to make this work, even if it isn't real.

gotta love the keyboard warriors. nothing is going to change if you dont call people out on their bull ****. he should be more specific. if the ones getting called out dont care about the "shadiness" nature there doing, why the hell would they care what he has to say?

Two things I love about this:

1 - All the people on Facebook responding with "Well said!"

2 - Every time something happens in DG that has any drama at all associated with it, the first thing that gets mentioned is "those Prodigy guys".

It's vague and doesn't make sense to you because he's not talking to you. I bet the guys this rant is aimed at know exactly what he's getting at.

This.

Maybe disc golf needs a commissioner .... ;)

To me its directed towards prodigy, but idk since some of those players dont like other prodigy players so who knows.

Latest posts