• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Coolest Type of Ace

What is the coolest type of Ace?

• Long Distance

Votes: 46 19.7%
  • Skip Shot

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • Blind Basket

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • Tunnel Shot

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • Overhand Shot

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Roller

Votes: 55 23.6%
  • Hanging Basket

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Bounce off an object (Most Likely a Tree)

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Animal Assist into the basket

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The long roller ace that barsby hit. Believe it was at Dela...

My first ace ever was a blind ace.

Same here, so that got my vote in the poll.

The wife (GF at the time) and I were driving through Indianapolis, stopped at a random course I found on pdga.com during my pre-DGCR days.

I had to walk about halfway up the fairway to see the basket because of a hill...no trees or other obstacles, just the hill. Threw my trusty Champ Starfire on a hyzer and didn't hear anything, so I was just hoping for a reasonable birdie opportunity as we walked towards the basket.

When we got to the top of the hill both of us saw my disc wedged in the bottom of the basket directly under the chains. :)

FWIW, 3 of my 5 aces have been recorded at courses I was playing for the first time....still not happy that I didn't get one at my home course before they redesigned it. :\

I voted animal assist but only if that includes a hippie who runs in front of the basket while your disc is in flight.

Otherwise anything that is legit is my vote. If it's a first throw and it goes in then that is the best ace you can hope for. Anything extra special is just a bonus.

I have to go with the Top Hat Ace, where the disc lands on top of the basket. Even though its not pdga aproved I still cherish mine. Come to think of it I don't think I've heard of more than three aces like it.

Come on, animal assistance! Haha I had to choose it because that has got to be the rarest of all. I just picture a squirrel tossing your disc in the basket for you. So cool.

im a sucker for skip aces. idk why but to me there is nothing better than a sweet skip and slamming into the chains

A Black Ace.

I got one of those. Good thing I gave my buddy a new disc to try out before the round. Once I hit it I told him to keep the disc because I wasn't giving him $5

I thought seeing a guy find a disc on the course during a round, and then acing with that disc the same round, was pretty cool.

I though either Verlander or Scherzer were cool aces, but the way they have been pitching lately, I'm not so sure.

For me, any ace would be cool, since I have yet to hit one. But the blind ace would probably be my choice for the cool factor.

I thought seeing a guy find a disc on the course during a round, and then acing with that disc the same round, was pretty cool.

some a-hole found my disc and texted me right away about it. i told the person if they threw a wasp to keep it (i was out of town and wasnt coming around there anytime soon and they actually threw wasps)

get a text like a half hour later and the person stated they got an ace with it. i was stoked for them

some a-hole found my disc and texted me right away about it. i told the person if they threw a wasp to keep it (i was out of town and wasnt coming around there anytime soon and they actually threw wasps)

get a text like a half hour later and the person stated they got an ace with it. i was stoked for them

He sounds like a serious a-hole - after all, who texts right away to return a disc :confused:.

I am always shocked when I get a call back. One time it was a year after I lost the disc.

I like tree aces personally, I've seen a few but never got one. I've been close on at least 25 occasions. Lake Casitas, Deerfield, and Chavez Ravine are big for tree aces in Socal :)