• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Coolest Type of Ace

What is the coolest type of Ace?

• Long Distance

Votes: 46 19.7%
  • Skip Shot

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • Blind Basket

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • Tunnel Shot

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • Overhand Shot

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Roller

Votes: 55 23.6%
  • Hanging Basket

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Bounce off an object (Most Likely a Tree)

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Animal Assist into the basket

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Roller ace for the win. I have seen every other type of ace (accept animal assist although my buddies dog could easily pick the disc up and drop it in the cage without being noticed) and a Roller ace takes the cake. The point of the roller is to get it close and there should be no way that disc magically hits something on the ground perfect enough to pick it up into the air, over the cage and smash chains in a manner that doesn't just have it splash out. Amazing sight to behold

Selected other.

My coolest ace was heading for the water, got picked up by a gust of wind and smashed chains.

I think the coolness comes from an "oh crap" shot turning into an ace!

I had a downhill tomahawk ace that was pretty neat.

The disc landed 3 ft from the basket on the flightplate, bounced twice, right into the basket. No chains.

It was the first hole too. During leagues. For $200 some dollars.

And I had a close call on a cubby roller ace at a little 9 hole pitch and putt.

The grass was short on the 275' flat hole. Had a Leopard roller hit a bump, bounce up and hit the pole just under the basket.

I can now definitively say blind ace is NOT the answer. Last night in my league round, I had a shot fade around a corner followed shortly by the sound of chains crashing. There was a brief moment of excitement, but then the question "did it stick?"

When we finally got in sight of the basket, the disc was nowhere to be seen. Turns out it ended up about 10 feet away.

Later in the round, on another blind shot, I hit a nice line that I figured would be put me close. As we got in sight of that basket, I started looking around for where my disc landed. I was shocked to find it sitting in the basket. We heard nothing on our tee, and the group on the next tee heard nothing.

It was a Helen Keller ace: blind and deaf.

I felt let down, like I missed out on all the excitement of that one.

I can now definitively say blind ace is NOT the answer. Last night in my league round, I had a shot fade around a corner followed shortly by the sound of chains crashing. There was a brief moment of excitement, but then the question "did it stick?"

When we finally got in sight of the basket, the disc was nowhere to be seen. Turns out it ended up about 10 feet away.

Later in the round, on another blind shot, I hit a nice line that I figured would be put me close. As we got in sight of that basket, I started looking around for where my disc landed. I was shocked to find it sitting in the basket. We heard nothing on our tee, and the group on the next tee heard nothing.

I had an ace like this two years ago. 240' blind dogleg to the left. There was a live band playing within a few hundred feet of the hole so we didn't see it or hear it go in, but it went in.
I agree, that's NOT the coolest type of ace to get.

I play Disc Golf with my brother-in-law weekly, He's aced 3 holes.
One was a very impressive forehand curve around a tree shot
One was a long, blind hole
and the third was an anhyzer, at night, with a off balance understable disc because it had one of the old light pods on it.

I play Disc Golf with my brother-in-law weekly, He's aced 3 holes.
One was a very impressive forehand curve around a tree shot
One was a long, blind hole
and the third was an anhyzer, at night, with a off balance understable disc because it had one of the old light pods on it.

so what is the coolest type of ace? you never answered

i know i chained out with my putter. there is nothing worse than not seeing it, hearing chains, getting excited, then finally seeing it didnt stick

i know i chained out with my putter. there is nothing worse than not seeing it, hearing chains, getting excited, then finally seeing it didnt stick

I can't decide which was worse. Hearing the chains and then finding the disc on the ground, or hearing nothing and finding the disc in the basket. In the former, you're left wondering what happened, why didn't it stay. And the latter was just sheer bewilderment. How in the world did it end up in the basket without a sound??

I can only imagine a hawk swooping down and grabbing a disc only to deposit it in the basket. He then flies to me for a high five and flies off into the sunset. That would take the cake.

I was gonna vote Long Distance until I saw "Animal Assist". If you hit a bird in mid-flight and it pushes your disc in for an Ace......that's gotta be the coolest/funniest stuff I've ever seen...and I wanna see that

I was gonna vote Long Distance until I saw "Animal Assist". If you hit a bird in mid-flight and it pushes your disc in for an Ace......that's gotta be the coolest/funniest stuff I've ever seen...and I wanna see that
If that happened you would need some sort of disclaimer saying: No animals were harmed in the scoring of this ace.