• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Could you tour in one of these?

By definition, it's a motorcycle. They acknowledge that in the FAQ and you are required to wear a helmet while driving it in Nebraska, Missouri, Mississippi, West Virginia, and North Carolina. Additionally, several other states will require wearing a helmet if you are below a certain age - looks like about 12 states total and the age requirement varies.

It is also seriously ugly. :)

It would be great for short trips, I don't know about cross country though.

No way. I have enough trouble packing all my camping, hiking, and golf gear in my Civic whenever i go on a roadtrip. After my week long discing trip to Maine last summer i seriously considered buying something a bit bigger. But in the end i can sacrifice some storage space for the awesome gas mileage my car gets.

You show up in one of these and you better win the pro open by a few shots to break even on the respect scale with the rest of the field.

When I first saw it, I could only see it careening off the highway at 60 MPH. 3 wheels are no good. How does the guy in back get out if it gets mangled or catches fire?

It's an interesting little car, you can tell it's modeled with an aerospace mindset. Which to me is very interesting, as well as, it being the field in which I study. Would it work for long trips solo? Maybe with some sort of exterior baggage fixture. Would it work for drives to work? Certainly.

Last edited:
I'd love to test-drive it.
If it was comfortable enough (not really expecting Cadillac ride, but not a bicycle either), I'd get it and drive it.

Get a used Prius or Civic for the same price, and get similar mileage, way more room, safety, comfort, etc. And someone will actually buy it from you when you want to sell it. :)

Tim S.

I don't see why not. I assume the back seat has a floorboard, so with the floorboard, the extra storage area, and the room ontop of the folded down backseat there'd be more than enough room. Put a bag of extra clothes/food in either the floorboard or the storage area, put a box of spare discs in either the floorboard or storage area, and bag ontop of the seat.

I once packed up everything from my dorm room that had been brought there using two cars, in my car to go back home. Entire trunk, backseat, and passenger seat was packed.. Including my small trashcan sitting on the armrests. You'd be surprised what you can fit in a car if you're good at Tetris.

id be down to take a short trip off a tall bridge in that thing. what is it, one wheel drive? toppin out a hair past idle? i would much rather tour in a usps go cart. that thing sucks, looks like sh*t.

url

Although I think the vehicle is pretty slick, I'd prefer to tour on my motorcycle. I have a 19 cu. ft. cargo trailer I pull behind it, and it is already set up for cross country touring (one of my other hobbies) with satellite radio and gps. Like Martin and his backpacking, motorcycle touring will teach you efficiency at the least and you may even embrace minimalism.

Do they make something that can carry these on the back of an rv like those moped holders? then id definitely be able to find use on tour.

I own two vehicles, both with 2 doors and v8's.

09 reg/long Silverado LT 5.3
86 Cutlass Supreme brougham 5.0 (305)

this thing isn't my style. I could do it, but I never would.

I have a buddy who is going to buy one of these as soon as he is able. I am sure you could tour in one of these. I think it is too much like a motorcycle for my taste. Then again if someone were paying me to tour around and play disc golf, I would do it in just about any vehicle they wanted me to.

I'm seriously considering one of these to commute to work and back. The idea of a road trip hasn't occurred to me until this thread. I wouldn't want to "tour" with it. For going to work and hitting the course on the way home, it's perfect.

For those that didn't look it up:

Front wheel drive with an approximately 900cc engine.
Air conditioning and radio included.
It's built like a crop duster (roll cage encased in fiberglass), so it should hold up well in an accident. That said, it would probably be totaled in ANY accident. I suspect insurance won't be cheap.