• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Could you tour in one of these?

I *think* I could. I would have to be very smart with my gear list though and do a lot of laundry though. Or stink a lot.

No. Because
1. It might make it to most courses, but it couldn't go many places I do go.
2. It can't even begin to carry the gear I keep with me--kayak, mt. bike, fishing gear, construction tools, etc.

That's quite possibly the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

On the other hand, that would be a great first car for my son. No (real) backseat, yo.

no front seat distractions either. I'm intrigued. If it averaged 68mpg, and I drove it 20000 miles of my usual 30000, the other 10000 in my regular vehicle, I'd save 1425 on gas. A YEAR. that adds up. Pays for itself in 5 years. how many vehicles can you say that about... that you are shielded from the elements in.

Each touring pro with their own vehicle... lots of billboards and no more relying on another person for gas, fuel, etc. It's a lot easier to find a place to crash when you are a single person...

If I am a touring pro, I likely cannot afford one of these. If I can, it is because I was independently wealthy to start and would not be caught dead in one.

It nice looking, I just can't do it. I like the big SUV, I have an Expedition and I just like the room. Plus, you can get a bunch of your buddies in the thing for a road trip. Plus the SUV affords us room for lots of disc as well.

If I am a touring pro, I likely cannot afford one of these. If I can, it is because I was independently wealthy to start and would not be caught dead in one.

They're priced at $6800...so probably just shy of 8k out the door. That's not exactly an expensive vehicle, especially a new one that will save you TONS on gas. Somebody touring could conceivably have it paid off, just in gas savings, in two years or less.

exactly. If you can't afford the cheapest ride in America... you probably need to stick to monthlies and club doubles. :)

I could definitely tour by myself in this. I would need to make sure to set aside enough time for a once a week laundry mat trip, but I could totally fit what I needed in there, and I would save enough gas that I could do 2x as many road trips.

Nah, I don't do road trips by myself much and that wouldn't have enough room and comfort to spend that much time in with someone else.

exactly. If you can't afford the cheapest ride in America... you probably need to stick to monthlies and club doubles. :)

yep, everyone that "cant afford it," is likely already driving something more expensive

and while its gets about 2 and a half times the gas mileage, it will really pay for itself if one typically drives alone.

but if one one doesnt, youre now buying half as much gas and paying for it all yourself, and also possibly paying for entire hotel rooms that you previously split.

all depends on your situation

Elio from Elio Motors... $6800 and up to 84 mpg highway. Seats 2.

One wheel in back.

One seat in front, one in back.

Very interesting price point and MPG.

I wonder how people would compare it to the used car market.

And how it does on crash survivability compared to a motorcycle, or bicycle, etc.

Could you?? Maybe but the better question is would you want too..sure it MAY get 84 MPG but that wont matter when its crumpled up in a little ball underneath a semi......