• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Same, but is the mold OOP or not? A few on here thought the mold was going OOP.

I've seen Z Stalkers online recently with flight #'s so recent runs have been made. I've got a stockpile so am not too worried of it going oop.

Still blows me away that more DC pros aren't bagging & promoting it.

I've seen Z Stalkers online recently with flight #'s so recent runs have been made. I've got a stockpile so am not too worried of it going oop.

Still blows me away that more DC pros aren't bagging & promoting it.

That is good news, Discraft company must have been running out the old stlye of the mold early 2019. I have a stockpile too when the old style was getting hard to find, for fear the mold was going oop. Odd that none of the sponsored players really use a Stalker, lots of other comapnies the pros have a disc with about that same stability or just slightly less in case of the Eagle.

Odd I don't think that Paul McBeth has a single Fairway driver in his bag anymore, have not seen him use the Zombie disc in a long time since throw down the mountain. Might have that one DGA mold that is a Fairway driver but that would be it.

Last edited:
Odd I don't think that Paul McBeth has a single Fairway driver in his bag anymore, have not seen him use the Zombie disc in a long time since throw down the mountain. Might have that one DGA mold that is a Fairway driver but that would be it

Well he has the Anax, Undertaker, Vulture, Avenger SS and Predator . . all fairway driver type discs

Well he has the Anax, Undertaker, Vulture, Avenger SS and Predator . . all fairway driver type discs

Acutally the Avenger SS is a 10 speed disc, so not a fairway type disc and more the control driver speed yet a true driver as to how wide the rim is. The others are 9 speed and often between fairway and control driver speed in terms of how far they fly.

Avenger SS is 1,9cm same as MANY ( most ) 9-speed discs. . but if a "control driver" is a fairway is up for debate, i think it is but the line is blurry

I call every 7-9 speed disc "fairway driver"

But it is sometimes hard to define. . Zone is called a 4-speed putter but Comet is a 4-speed mid. . why?

Avenger SS is 1,9cm same as MANY ( most ) 9-speed discs. . but if a "control driver" is a fairway is up for debate, i think it is but the line is blurry

But it is sometimes hard to define. . Zone is called a 4-speed putter but Comet is a 4-speed mid. . why?

I always loved Discraft for just doing those stability ratings...I hate that they jumped on the "flight numbers" bandwagon recently.

Which is the least stable (talking roller esque stability here): Mantis, Heat or Avenger SS? My Z Heat is too stable to be predictable fir BH rollers, and I'm not good at throwing US FH rollers.

I always loved Discraft for just doing those stability ratings...I hate that they jumped on the "flight numbers" bandwagon recently.

I agree. . but they could have skipped the dumb "Extra Long Range Driver" kind of text some of them have. . kind of fun to see that on a "slow" disc like my Xpress, kind of confusing for a new player to see

Which is the least stable (talking roller esque stability here): Mantis, Heat or Avenger SS? My Z Heat is too stable to be predictable fir BH rollers, and I'm not good at throwing US FH rollers.

For me. Z Avenger SS, my ESP is to stable and i can´t get the Mantis to roll at all. .HEAT works but the Z Avenger SS is better

The Rattler and Putt'r are slow lids slower then the Magnet and yet Discraft and DGA do not call a single disc speed 1. Their are some putters from Discraft/DGA that should be speed 1 like other putters but they are not, this might send the whole Speeds of Discraft and DGA for some older discs up a speed from where they should be, example is the Avenger that should have been a 9 speed not 10. Zone Used to be 3.5 on the chart to keep it a Putter speed disc, like what Innova does with the Wedge still but in the new Flight chart made in 2018, the Zone became speed 4. Now take DGA, they have Speed 6 as a midrange and most other brands have 6 and the between midrange and fairway driver type disc, even a 5 speed disc from Discraft the Stratus is a fairway disc since mold has had from the beginning driver on the mold somewhere be it long range driver when it came out in 1990's and continuing into the 2000's or 2010's when the disc was changed to say fairway driver to reflect the modern era speed 9+ discs.

This is a great question. I tried a Heat last year and it was too domey for me to feel comfortable rolling. I have a beat up flat Z Mantis that still doesn't roll well, never really turns right. My ESP Avenger SS is more stable than I want it to be and it's taking forever to get it beat up (I don't throw it very much) I put a D Avenger SS in for now which is really nice off the shelf, but probably won't be great for long. Hopefully it's a nice stop gap until I get the ESP beat in.

I can roll the Z-Avenger SS but an +20y Old Xpress is my best Discraft roller

My ESP Avenger SS are more stable than my Z. . .but i have one stable Z , and two US. . . you need to get the "good" ones in Z

I've been on the quest to find a discraft roller myself. To answer your question of stability for me it goes from most stable to least; mantis, heat, avenger ss. I used to throw a 150 gram pro d avenger ss as a roller until the wind grabbed it and threw it into the drink. I've been throwing an esp heat a ton lately it has crazy glide and distance driver distance. So I bought a pro d heat to cut down on molds in my bag. Hoping this becomes my roller. I've found that the Mantis is surprisingly stable imo so I didn't even try to put one down with it.

I've been on the quest to find a discraft roller myself. To answer your question of stability for me it goes from most stable to least; mantis, heat, avenger ss. I used to throw a 150 gram pro d avenger ss as a roller until the wind grabbed it and threw it into the drink. I've been throwing an esp heat a ton lately it has crazy glide and distance driver distance. So I bought a pro d heat to cut down on molds in my bag. Hoping this becomes my roller. I've found that the Mantis is surprisingly stable imo so I didn't even try to put one down with it.

I have been using the Sail as my backhand roller disc. Yeah, yeah, it DGA, but it's based in the Heat mold, if I remember correctly; less stability, more glide.

My backhand roller game sucks though. I can get more distance with a forehand roller.