• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I have a lot of different big-z versions... My big z heat is like a waxy almost jawbreaker blend, my big z nuke feels a lot like innova pro, my heavier (173)thrasher feels like an opaque z, my lighter (165) thrasher has bubbles in the rim like you see on z-lite or blizzard, but only slightly. And I have an esp thrasher that feels identical in hand to that lighter one.
The grip on all of my big z discs are better (exception my 173 thrasher) than z, slightly worse than titanium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^Ti has better grip than Z or BigZ?

With all due respect, lulz

^Ti has better grip than Z or BigZ?

With all due respect, lulz

My only titanium discs are the AR mantis discs from 2013, the grip on them is great, I just hate the color. As for Z, grip is like clutching a wet ice cube. My titanium mantis grip feels a lot like the grip I get on an esp crank I picked up a few years ago. I take it your experience with the plastic is quite negative?

My only titanium discs are the AR mantis discs from 2013, the grip on them is great, I just hate the color. As for Z, grip is like clutching a wet ice cube. My titanium mantis grip feels a lot like the grip I get on an esp crank I picked up a few years ago. I take it your experience with the plastic is quite negative?

Ti color choices blow goats. I can't tell the difference in hand between Ti and ESP. Z ( older Z anyway) is fine if it's warm out.

I take it your experience with the plastic is quite negative?

Correct.

I've felt say, 25 in my life and only a reddish pink hued Zone felt utterly amazing. The rest were slick and just....disappointing? I don't know. Different strokes and QC I suppose.

Correct.

I've felt say, 25 in my life and only a reddish pink hued Zone felt utterly amazing. The rest were slick and just....disappointing? I don't know. Different strokes and QC I suppose.

I have 3 AR Mantis.. Manti.. whatever. All are very hard to hold on to... but fly awesome. I switched out to the Banzai due to the lack of grip on them.
Both my 2015 Ledgestone Ti Comet and my Ti Sting are very grippy and I love both.

There is something like 600 left? Not sure if they put all 2k up at once or not, though.

I have 3 AR Mantis.. Manti.. whatever. All are very hard to hold on to... but fly awesome. I switched out to the Banzai due to the lack of grip on them.
Both my 2015 Ledgestone Ti Comet and my Ti Sting are very grippy and I love both.

I think that the Ti blend used to make those AR Mantis discs was inferior to the initial run. They don't seem as durable and do have a different grip.

There are certainly variations in blends within a given plastic name. Case in point, X putters are very soft and flexible compared to a driver in X plastic. I'm pretty certain that the manufacturers tweak the formula based on the type of mold being run. Hopefully someone can chime in and confirm our deny that theory.

Discrafts X soft is for putters and "elite X" is basically the equivalent of "driver pro" for innova drivers. Innova has different/softer pro plastic for putters aswell.

I think that the Ti blend used to make those AR Mantis discs was inferior to the initial run. They don't seem as durable and do have a different grip.

There are certainly variations in blends within a given plastic name. Case in point, X putters are very soft and flexible compared to a driver in X plastic. I'm pretty certain that the manufacturers tweak the formula based on the type of mold being run. Hopefully someone can chime in and confirm our deny that theory.

depending on how long youve thrown discraft youll remember the changes in hard vs soft and sticky vs slick and mix and match between all those

Discrafts X soft is for putters and "elite X" is basically the equivalent of "driver pro" for innova drivers. Innova has different/softer pro plastic for putters aswell.

Yeah and Discraft did this first, it seems that only an initial run of regular X plastic that was made for Discraft putters when the putters first came out in X. The Putters went to a Soft X soon after. That Soft X ruined the Putt'r as that is the only production plastic that disc came in except the initial 5,000 first run of the Putt'r a Pro D was made and then the disc was as a first Run in Soft X soon after.

This is unlike Innova where in most of the 2000's 99% of putters not the Big Bead Aviars done in the signature production Pro plastics were Driver Pro as the only main Pro plastic. The Rhyno was the only production putter not in Driver pro but a floppy Driver Pro until the R-Pro came out with the Dart in 2009.

Last edited:
Ti color choices blow goats...

I see this mentioned from time to time, but only the first runs were exclusively those muddy tones. They've been running them like the attached pic, from at least 2014 on. I've seen greens, yellows, pinks, and oranges almost pushing fluorescent level brightness.

I throw Ti Roaches, because they are the most OS version, and the grip feels like Z to me.

Attachments

• color choices.JPG
    color choices.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 46
I wanted to stop by & remind everyone how good Stalkers are. Put one in your bag. Tell your friend to put one in their bag. ESP Stalkers should exist.

I see this mentioned from time to time, but only the first runs were exclusively those muddy tones. They've been running them like the attached pic, from at least 2014 on. I've seen greens, yellows, pinks, and oranges almost pushing fluorescent level brightness.

I throw Ti Roaches, because they are the most OS version, and the grip feels like Z to me.

I guess I've just had bad luck when looking at Ti discs then and mainly only seen the greens and brown/tan.