• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Kinda funny talking about speed 10 discs on the decline and the Anax is a speed 10.

From my understanding it is a very different kind of Speed 10.

An Orc, Flash, Beast, etc are low profile, fast, max distance 10 speeds. My understanding of the Anax is that it is more akin to say a thunderbird. More or less a stretched fairway-style profile.

Although that is just my armchair analysis.

Yes, that speed 9-10 fairway driver spot somehow became way more popular over the past few years. It seems like the 11 range has been edged out by the true high speed 12-13 Destroyer/Force/Enforcer types among the pros, and from the "new fairway" speed 9 range.

I still throw a Surge, but it's mainly because that speed 11 is kind of a sweet spot for my arm. Great disc with great glide, useful overstability, and great forward fade... but I'm not surprised at all that Discraft pros choose higher speeds.

But are discs like Vulture, Avenger SS and Anax really "speed 10" ? the rim size is the same as many of my speed 9 discs. .

I call them speed 9 and a disc like the Undertaker a Speed 8. . .i set the speed by rim size

But are discs like Vulture, Avenger SS and Anax really "speed 10" ? the rim size is the same as many of my speed 9 discs. .

I call them speed 9 and a disc like the Undertaker a Speed 8. . .i set the speed by rim size

The rims on the Vulture, Predator, and Raptor are all actually slightly narrower than the Innova speed 9 discs. And an Undertaker has a rim that's only barely wider than the Innova speed 7 discs.

The Undertaker is actually a touch closer to the Innova speed 7's than the Vulture/Pred/Raptor are to the 9's. If rim size alone determined a disc's "speed" rating, and Innova discs were the universal standard to rate them on, an Undertaker(and Tracker) would be a ~7.4 speed and a Vulture/Pred/Raptor would be an ~8.4 speed.

And continuing that correlation, a Surge/Punisher/Thrasher/Machete would be about a ~10.7 speed(rim size slightly narrower than a Wraith) while an Enforcer(and Trespass) would be a perfect speed 11.(same rim size as Wraith)

Last edited:
The "speed" number is as odd as the other numbers. . . i usually call a 1,7cm rim a speed 7. .a 1,8 a 8 and so on . . .not 100% reliable but better that the manufacturers numbers :)

The "speed" number is as odd as the other numbers. . . i usually call a 1,7cm rim a speed 7. .a 1,8 a 8 and so on . . .not 100% reliable but better that the manufacturers numbers :)

Doesn't really take in to consideration rim configuration. For example, the PD has the firebird wing, but is a speed 10 due to the sharper nose configuration due to the "anhyzer" top.

In the Vulture, Anax and Predator line. . where would the Avenger fit in? . .between the Vulture and Anax?

In speaking of Anax, Pred, Vulture and raptors what would y'all say the discraft equivalent to a older pre embossed s-line pd?

Does anyone have some insight on how Discraft are making this "new" type of swirls? basicly looks like every disc is unique. . and the swirls is like no other swirls i´ve seen

Does anyone have some insight on how Discraft are making this "new" type of swirls? basicly looks like every disc is unique. . and the swirls is like no other swirls i´ve seen

I don't know, but they're really knocking the plastic mix game out of the park lately IMHO.

Their normal ESP Swirls or their tour series swirls?

I'm not a huge fan of the tour series-like swirls, but the natural, random swirls in their normal ESP plastic is amaaaaazing. The thing that I love about it is that their swirls can come in some really bright, saturated colors. It's not always muted tones like innova's swirl star.

Both. but the KONG/ZEUS, ANAX ones have the most unique swirls ( and feel of the plastic ). . a few of the Tour Series are really nice

Yeah, I got a bunch of absolutely beautiful Zeus now, and many of them are insanely vibrant to boot, so they are still easy to spot in almost any condition. Huge fan of the ESP plastic blends (aesthetics and quality) they have been putting out lately. They still have some work to do on their base plastics, though.

The Undertaker that Infinite Discs posted on Insta is the most unique swirl i have aver seen, how did they do that?

attachment.php

Attachments

• vvv.JPG
    vvv.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 170
But it´s very annoying that no webbshop here in Sweden have photos of each disc. . with Discrafts new nice Swirl disc ( and tie-dye ) you really need to see them before buying.
I have bought a few from Infinite Discs, but shipping. VAT and customs stack up to some very expensive discs

I have to admit I miss some of the old Z... nevertheless, they've definitely upped their ESP game and that's been an excellent business decision.

I have to admit I miss some of the old Z... nevertheless, they've definitely upped their ESP game and that's been an excellent business decision.

As long as the new ESP is as durable as the old ESP from the 2000's. The 2010's non Swirly stuff is a bit undurable and almost like a messed up double/triple strength regular X.

Some of the new Z is good too, I have an Archer with the slightly gummy plastic just before numbers were added to the molds with the Shimmer to the plastic. That plastic reminds me of the old Elite Z that had the stamps on the edge raised up and built into the disc with the old Discraft logo, in terms of the slight flex/gummy feel the old Elite Z from those early runs.