• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

So I got my OG jawbreaker roaches in and it definitely feels the same as regular jawbreaker. Just looks different. Disappointing,was really hoping for a more firm plastic. I love discrafts putters but not in love with the plastic blends.

So I got my OG jawbreaker roaches in and it definitely feels the same as regular jawbreaker. Just looks different. Disappointing,was really hoping for a more firm plastic. I love discrafts putters but not in love with the plastic blends.

Where did you get OG JB Roaches?

Can anyone care to explain to me what the allure of the old school Elite X plastic is versus the X plastic of today?

I've never had the chance to feel it up in person. Is it more durable, or is it more of a feel thing?

I've switched to a push putt (from spin) & have really been appreciating the medium feel of Jawbreaker. I still absolutely want to get a hold of some CT Roaches for long putts & approaches. Just so bizarre CT isn't regular production for their best selling putters.

Their top 5 sellers would be Challenger, Roach, Banger GT, Magnet & Focus?

Can anyone care to explain to me what the allure of the old school Elite X plastic is versus the X plastic of today?

I've never had the chance to feel it up in person. Is it more durable, or is it more of a feel thing?

Mostly nostalgia like Innova gets with some of their blends over the years. Yes it probably was a little more durable (negligible) and felt a bit less waxy but overall it's not as worse as everyone makes it out to be

Had an annual tournament at my lokal club and it´s insane how many players are throwing Discraft this year.
Last year i was the only one throwing a few Discraft discs. . this year i saw SOO many players with +5 Discraft discs in the bag.

My feeling is that Trilogy is the biggest looser to Discraft.

What a difference a year can make.

It comes and goes... When I started a few years ago, I only knew of Innova because they made the starter pack I had as well as all the discs I got from a local on Craigslist... And Innova had the cool little pamphlet explaining all of their discs. But when I went to get online help from infinite discs the guy tried to introduce me to something besides innova, and recommended a River. I only found out about Discraft when I was trying to introduce the sport to my students and reached out to several companies and Discraft was the one who really made things happen for us and subsequently introduced me to so many different molds. That's why I like Discraft so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The local pro that used to run the weekly leagues and local tournaments from the late 90s till just a few years ago is a Discraft guy so they were always known and popular around town. Outside of that it seemed like they would have a great disk and they would become prevalent then fade for a few years till the next one, thinking discs like the Magnet, Comet, Cyclone, XS, Wasp->Buzzz, Zone and Nuke.

Back then I always wished they had focused more on the fairway drivers, seemed they had some good ones, XS, XL, Tracker, Stalker, Reaper and a few others but nothing that ever really knocked Leopards, Teebirds, Firebirds out of peoples bags. Just seemed to be a weak part of the line up, mids were the best out there, a good range of putters and distance drivers were good but fairways were lacking. I was really excited to see them start focusing on them a few years back. I think discs like the Mantis, Sting, Vulture and Undertaker may have a done a lot more for them than people realize.

Just my opinion but glad to see them in the position they are in currently.

The local pro that used to run the weekly leagues and local tournaments from the late 90s till just a few years ago is a Discraft guy so they were always known and popular around town. Outside of that it seemed like they would have a great disk and they would become prevalent then fade for a few years till the next one, thinking discs like the Magnet, Comet, Cyclone, XS, Wasp->Buzzz, Zone and Nuke.

Scott Papa?

Old Elite X was like good, old Innova Pro Plastic.

Grippy with decent durability.

The new X stuff is just not the same.

It comes and goes... When I started a few years ago, I only knew of Innova because they made the starter pack I had as well as all the discs I got from a local on Craigslist... And Innova had the cool little pamphlet explaining all of their discs. But when I went to get online help from infinite discs the guy tried to introduce me to something besides innova, and recommended a River. I only found out about Discraft when I was trying to introduce the sport to my students and reached out to several companies and Discraft was the one who really made things happen for us and subsequently introduced me to so many different molds. That's why I like Discraft so much

Back then I always wished they had focused more on the fairway drivers, seemed they had some good ones, XS, XL, Tracker, Stalker, Reaper and a few others but nothing that ever really knocked Leopards, Teebirds, Firebirds out of peoples bags. Just seemed to be a weak part of the line up, mids were the best out there, a good range of putters and distance drivers were good but fairways were lacking. I was really excited to see them start focusing on them a few years back. I think discs like the Mantis, Sting, Vulture and Undertaker may have a done a lot more for them than people realize.

Just my opinion but glad to see them in the position they are in currently.

Y'all make good points. For me, I might've looked into Discraft more if they'd had the four-number flight system to rate their discs. They had that almost useless one-number system that told me next to nothing, so I didn't consider their discs when looking for discs in a certain speed and stability arena.

They also had some pretty horrible colors, though they really, really improved that over the last few years.

Y'all make good points. For me, I might've looked into Discraft more if they'd had the four-number flight system to rate their discs. They had that almost useless one-number system that told me next to nothing, so I didn't consider their discs when looking for discs in a certain speed and stability arena.

15+ years ago when I started and there weren't the online resources there are now that was definitely a factor for me. I feel like today you can go online and in seconds find dozens of people who've thrown any two molds from different brands and get a comparison which makes it a lot easier IMHO to have a mixed bag especially when you're looking at mids and fairways.

Small odd thing. . on Discraft homepage you see this picture.
Why is not the Austin Hannum FORCE in the pic?

attachment.php

Attachments

• discf.jpg
    discf.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 121
Anyone else surprised no one snagged the Surge for a tour series disc or is it just a forgotten mold now?

I'm not surprised at all. Who was the last discraft pro to throw / promote the Surge? I can't even remember at this point. It's been years since I have even seen someone throw them on the course.

I'm not surprised at all. Who was the last discraft pro to throw / promote the Surge? I can't even remember at this point. It's been years since I have even seen someone throw them on the course.

I know Nate Doss had his name on the ESP Surge a few years ago. I agree, you don't see Surges around much anymore. Too bad, its still a good mold. Nice, mellow speed 11 driver with good glide. I like Surges more than Wraiths.

I know Nate Doss had his name on the ESP Surge a few years ago. I agree, you don't see Surges around much anymore. Too bad, its still a good mold. Nice, mellow speed 11 driver with good glide. I like Surges more than Wraiths.

Speed 10 and 11's in general are underutilized, and Innova always had the more popular speed 10 and 11 discs, so certainly not surprising to see things like the surge and flash fall by the wayside. It is a bit of a shame, especially since a lot of the people heaving speed 12+ would really benefit from dropping down to a 10 or 11 speed.

Speed 10 and 11's in general are underutilized, and Innova always had the more popular speed 10 and 11 discs, so certainly not surprising to see things like the surge and flash fall by the wayside. It is a bit of a shame, especially since a lot of the people heaving speed 12+ would really benefit from dropping down to a 10 or 11 speed.

All I know is that when the Surge came out I tried it and immediately liked it more than the Wraith. Its a tad mellower, and doesn't have as much late fade. I could always get better distance with Surges than Wraiths.

I bagged a Flash at one point too. The Flash compared well to a Beast. Flippy, and fairly flat. Good distance for a speed 10 disc. I guess I agree that 10 and 11 speed discs aren't used much. If it weren't for the Wraith, no one would throw any speed 11s at all.

Latest posts