• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

The two things I hope come from this scenario:

. The Wasp gets the attention it deserves and is offered in other plastic variations.
. Maybe a couple of the excellent OOP molds are re-released. I'm thinking specifically of the Reaper as THE ONLY Firebird comparison...IMO

I agree with your second point. I bag the Predator AND the Firebird. Very different discs for very different shots. If there was a Discraft version of the FB, I would def check it out.

I agree with your second point. I bag the Predator AND the Firebird. Very different discs for very different shots. If there was a Discraft version of the FB, I would def check it out.

That's weird, honestly. I mean, who would bag a firebird and an fd3? Similar comparison. Unless you're talking about a sexton firebird, which a flat predator will be more overstable.

That's weird, honestly. I mean, who would bag a firebird and an fd3? Similar comparison. Unless you're talking about a sexton firebird, which a flat predator will be more overstable.

I bag a sexybird and 2 FD3s. (s-line and luster). They are all very different from each other but feel similar in the hand.

Sexton is great for flex forehands that you want to move more laterally and still have a good skip. S-Line is great for OS duties and thumbers. Luster is great for straight to fade shots.

I throw PD2s for the super OS lines and don't need a FAF FB. I don't have the arm for it anyway so the PD2 is easier to get distance on.

Thrashers -

I'm thinking of adding a pair of Thrashers to the bag as wide open, max D drivers. I want one a little more on the US end of the spectrum and one on the more OS. What should I be looking for?

My only real reservation with the Predator is the feel. I know a lot of people complain about its feel for sidearm but I cant even stand the feel backhand. If you come across a Z flex Pred then you will find a disc similar in flight to a Firebird but its still feels like crap. However, the O.O.P. Reaper has a similar wing profile with almost the exact same stability and consistent dumpy fade. If DC doesn't reproduce it then I hope DGA will under a different name of course.

Just my two cents....

Thrashers -

I'm thinking of adding a pair of Thrashers to the bag as wide open, max D drivers. I want one a little more on the US end of the spectrum and one on the more OS. What should I be looking for?

My swirly Glo ESP signature Thrasher is flat topped and flies sorta like a Destroyer. Flies straighter and longer with about the same fade as the couple of worn Champ Destroyers I have.

I don't have a cannon for a arm, but these swirl Glo ESP fly more stable than the numbers suggest...at least with my N of 1.

My swirly Glo ESP signature Thrasher is flat topped and flies sorta like a Destroyer. Flies straighter and longer with about the same fade as the couple of worn Champ Destroyers I have.

I don't have a cannon for a arm, but these swirl Glo ESP fly more stable than the numbers suggest...at least with my N of 1.

I picked up one of the sig swirl glo ESP used and it sounds just like yours, the plastic is very firm also. Definitely more stable than the Big Z and Ledgestone ESP that I've thrown.

Thanks! So probably a Big Z and Swirly Glo ESP would be a good combo

Thrashers -

Thanks! So probably a Big Z and Swirly Glo ESP would be a good combo

Sounds good. A heavier Valarie Jenkins sig Thrasher paired with a lighter Z Thrasher might do ya, also.

I've tried to search for this, but I haven't had much luck.

In short, I got a jawbreaker disc with an ugly stamp. I've wiped a bunch of discs from other manufacturers, but I'm not sure how the acetone would affect the jawbreaker plastic. Just looking for people who have done this and how it worked out.

Thanks in advance for the help.

In short, I got a jawbreaker disc with an ugly stamp. I've wiped a bunch of discs from other manufacturers, but I'm not sure how the acetone would affect the jawbreaker plastic. Just looking for people who have done this and how it worked out.

I've wiped the stamp on 4 Jawbreaker Roaches & had no issue at all. Not sure what the chemical I used was but it had a WD40 type of smell to it. Maybe use a little on the bottom of the disc to see what happens.

The stamps on Jawbreaker discs are terrible.

I can say from experience that you can feel free to wipe with acetone.

Did DC bring back the Flash? Saw a run of swirly ESP's has been put out. This going to be regular? I had a Z that was great until it lost it.

Latest posts