• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Hey guys, does anybody know if the Cryztal Ledgestone zones were flat or puddle topped, or if they had a little dome to em? Looking at getting another Zone and want to avoid anything that could be domey.

Also, anybody gotten their hands on the new 2019 ledgestone sparkle zones to know how they feel?

I got a Cryztal Flag dye Zone from this year and it's a definite puddle.

Ended up putting a 172 esp surge in the bag for now, seems to be exactly what I needed. Pairs really well with the hurricane for my arm speed.

Is there anyone who can confirm that the DGA Steady is the same mold and the Banger GT...just without the groove? The Banger is a phenomenal disc but I wonder if the Steady is actually a comparable alternative to folks who don't like the feel of the GT.

Ended up putting a 172 esp surge in the bag for now, seems to be exactly what I needed. Pairs really well with the hurricane for my arm speed.

I'm a little late to the party but yes ESP Surge to start for sure. If you keep it in the bag for a while the Zs are across the board a bit more beefy and will pair with the worn ESP (if that's something you'll be looking for). I recently added a couple back to my bag after a long hiatus and I'm so happy I did.

Is there anyone who can confirm that the DGA Steady is the same mold and the Banger GT...just without the groove? The Banger is a phenomenal disc but I wonder if the Steady is actually a comparable alternative to folks who don't like the feel of the GT.

MJ said in his thread that would be the Focus;)

I've never heard it from anyone at Discraft, but I've examined the wings side by side, and they look the same. Here's a comparison from some online pics (Steady on the left, Banger, right:
attachment.php

It's got the shallow channel, like the Challenger, but with a big bead (larger than the Challenger OS).

Attachments

• Banger and steady.jpg
    Banger and steady.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 176

MJ said in his thread that would be the Focus;)

It's the closest Discraft putter, but I still think the Steady is the true GT'less Banger. Focus has a more rounded nose, like the Wizard. Focus left, Banger right:

Attachments

• Focus vs Banger.jpg
    Focus vs Banger.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 59
It's the closest Discraft putter, but I still think the Steady is the true GT'less Banger. Focus has a more rounded nose, like the Wizard. Focus left, Banger right:

The Focus always felt deeper to me than the Banger

I've never heard it from anyone at Discraft, but I've examined the wings side by side, and they look the same. Here's a comparison from some online pics (Steady on the left, Banger, right:
attachment.php

It's got the shallow channel, like the Challenger, but with a big bead (larger than the Challenger OS).

DGCR never seizes to satisfy:) Im not actually looking for something different, but noticing the profile similarities were enough for me to ask.

I enjoy watching Fish play, the definition of smooth form. His ultimate style FH is pretty cool. Always seems to be keeping it loose with the Mom shorts too.

He's a surgeon with that red putter (I think it's a Soft Roach)

Straight woods domination from Fish and MJ:

Such a fun course to play. It was refreshing seeing the elite mess up on some "easy sub 300' holes" like everyone on this site has done at one point or another. I've hit metal on a few of those baskets but haven't aced there yet.

No video proof but I roller eagled #17 at Tyler East in PA! Open field to some large old trees about 375'-400' out, OB right and woods left. From those trees it's a slight uphill to downhill right (slight uphill blocks vision) with a bunch of guardian trees around the basket. I was just beyond those large ones I mentioned (hit the one and died about 15' past them) and threw a semi-cut roller FH for my second shot. Jogged up to watch it and it stood up, straightened, hit a root, bounced, and popped right in! Felt so good.

Such a fun course to play. It was refreshing seeing the elite mess up on some "easy sub 300' holes" like everyone on this site has done at one point or another. I've hit metal on a few of those baskets but haven't aced there yet.

No video proof but I roller eagled #17 at Tyler East in PA! Open field to some large old trees about 375'-400' out, OB right and woods left. From those trees it's a slight uphill to downhill right (slight uphill blocks vision) with a bunch of guardian trees around the basket. I was just beyond those large ones I mentioned (hit the one and died about 15' past them) and threw a semi-cut roller FH for my second shot. Jogged up to watch it and it stood up, straightened, hit a root, bounced, and popped right in! Felt so good.

That's some Gregg Barsby shiz right there :hfive:

So I decided to add some discraft to my bag and remove some trilogy.

First round with the new discs was not good. Kept releasing with hyzer like I use to do with my old trilogy molds. Unfortunately for me, the crank and undertaker did not respond the same and just held the hyzer line all the way to the ground. I also went from using a spike as a putter to a ringer gt so i missed a lot of putts.

Second round was yesterday on a course where I only throw a driver on a few holes. However when i did throw a driver, it came out flatter. Learned quickly that the cryztal mantis flew like a firebird. Putting was much better too.

Here is what has been added to my bag and have been tested
*z crank
*z heat
*big z undertaker & first run z undertaker
*cryztal mantis
*big z mantis
*mccabe ti wasp
*esp wasp
*z wasp
*esp swirl meteor
*jawbreaker ringer gt

I have these as well but I haven't tried them out yet because i think there might be too much overlap

*ti undertaker
*big z vulture
*test flight big z talon

^^^
The Sting, the Heat and the Sail(DGA, same difference) are all hyzerflip machines. I can get speed 9 distance out of hyzer flipping the speed 7 Sting.

^^^
The Sting, the Heat and the Sail(DGA, same difference) are all hyzerflip machines. I can get speed 9 distance out of hyzer flipping the speed 7 Sting.

I want a z lite crank but no luck finding one reasonably priced.

Threw a crank ss yesterday on a hyzer line but it flipped all the way over and rolled a little when it hit the ground.

So I decided to add some discraft to my bag and remove some trilogy.

I recommend the Stalker to players of any skill level. Would be great if you could get your hands on one to see if you like the feel.

Latest posts