• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique My Drive Again... (Week later)

Anyone got any or know of any videos of other ppl doin the beato peck drills? I swear to the god that drill is the most uncomfortable and awkward thing ive ever done, my elbow literally feels like its gonna hyper extend.

Here's an 18 page thread to the vid:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9959

Go to the bottom of page 1 about your elbow and follow through. This whole thread is also relative to understanding snap:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16139

Copy.

Ya i didnt think i was having nose up issues but after today im sure of it. I think i also realized something that has already been suggest but i didnt wanna accept it, im throwing discs that are too fast for me at the point in time.

Ive been including my mids x3 in my routine now as well as my normal drivers (destroyers, force, beasts, surges).

Im noticing a trend when i drive with my destroyers and especially my force. They go out about 280' and fade left, usually pretty hard.

But when i throw my beasts (on a good throw) they S out with hardly any fade way more consistently.
Im thinking this is because they are lower speed and i get closer to gaining enough momentum that they'll actually somewhat do what they are suppose too. With my destroyers and forces they are so fast that im not even getting close to enough speed for them to act how they are suppose too.

I think im gonna go out and buy a Teebird or perhaps an Eagle.

I read somewhere that Orcs (10 speed) needs about 350+' to start operating how they were designed. Anyone know what kinda of distances you should be getting to use a destroyer and force?

Just curious.

Thanks for the link Side, im gonna do more research on this drill i hate doing.

Someone also mentioned this in diffrent words. I just wanted to post this from the DGR forums. It clicked perfectly in my head after i read it worded like this.

"When you are in the right pec position, you're in the area when you want to think about pulling hard and fast. If you pull from the back of your reachback, then you'll lose speed by the time the disc is coming out."

Im deff pulling from my reachback at full force.

That little drill in the Beto video of getting in position at the right peck and just throwing from there seemed to translate into getting a better feel of when to really accelerate in a fuller throw. I did it awhile today. When I started getting good throws from that I slowly workin my way into more motion like he shows in the video.

I'm sure I am still all out of postion and not getting my weight forward as much as I need, but I'll keep working on it.

Jak3,

I don't mean to thread jack but I do have a question about the pull. I have read in some threads that you want to "pull" the disc when at the right pec. I have also read in some forums that you want to rotate your hips and whip your arm from the rotation of the hips.

Are these different techniques or the same technique with a different way of explaining it? The reason I ask is I have been practicing pec drills in the basement, and when I rotate my hips I don't feel like I am pulling with my arm at all, but i can hear the disc cut through the air as if there is good speed..

Ya it seems like the "pull" would be more the pull you do on the reach back to the right peck, that movement seems more like a pull to me. The "sling shot effect" when you start to straighten your arm at the "hit" seems more like.. idk, a whip instead of a pull.

Could just be the wrong choice of words... I dont really know. In fact i probably have no idea what im talking about here. I have no clue about the hips. I didnt even know they were part of a throw till last week.

Someone else wanna shed some light on the mans question?

Edit: I dont think this has anything at all to do with your questions lol.

Okay, everyone one this thread with questions needs to look at the discraft video hosted by Scott papa that is targeted at beginners.
The pulling through is unnatural for many and that's why the beato drill has the word drill- it's designed to work that motion into your muscle memory. That motion is possibly the most important part of the throw. If your swinging your arm around, that should be your number one focus.
Discraft. Scott papa. Watch it!

Loc, yes, they are the same, but it's more like;
you set up your left foot to load the hips, the hips turn the shoulders, the shoulders pull the arm, your muscle memory pull it in close, elbow catapults it out.
Discraft. Scott papa. Watch it!

I watched the video a while ago but ill need to check it out again. I haven't watched a lot of the discraft videos because they feel more like a sales ad then a training video to me.

I watched the video a while ago but ill need to check it out again. I haven't watched a lot of the discraft videos because they feel more like a sales ad then a training video to me.

They do push their products, which is to be expected, but the videos I've watched have been full of good info.