• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] CryZtal vs. Elite Z plastic?

StrikerME02

Birdie Member
I have never thrown anything in CryZtal plastic before, but was wondering if it is the same exact feel as Elite Z. Or what differences there might be other than CryZtal is see through. I am asking because I have two Elite Z Buzzz's right now, and was wondering if picking up a CryZtal Buzzz could produce any sort of benefits that I would not get with my Elite Z Buzzz's

Thanks.

It depends. Both cryztal and elite-z have variations within their plastic, so it's hard to absolutely compare the two. I own several buzzzes in different plastics, and my cryztals tend to hold their lines slightly better, but I'm not as fond of the grip. Not sure about any other discs, because the only other cryztal I own is a challenger -- but I've never thrown it in elite-z.

my crystal stalker feels gummier than my Elite Z stalker. I prefer that as EliteZ and Champ plastics usually feel too slippery for me.

I have a Crystal Z Buzzz and it is gummier and a bit grippier then typical Z, at least in this instance.

All the cryztal plastics that I've thrown have less grip. Throwing when wet or damp blows.

Also, if you're going to be lighting up with LED's at night, duct tape doesn't stick to the cryztal
plastic too well.

My experience is similar to jblough. I throw a Cryztal Challenger off the tee and have multiple Elite Z and Cryztal Buzzz's in the bag. I find my Cryztal plastic to be a tad grippier than my Elite Z. I'm also under the impression that Cryztal plastic has variations such as the Elite Z though.

It depends. Both cryztal and elite-z have variations within their plastic, so it's hard to absolutely compare the two. I own several buzzzes in different plastics, and my cryztals tend to hold their lines slightly better, but I'm not as fond of the grip. Not sure about any other discs, because the only other cryztal I own is a challenger -- but I've never thrown it in elite-z.

I think your right...crystal is clear as some z plastics can be more glossy and not so see through. It seems the pigmentation is tackier to a degree, but everything varies. Many times the molds may have slight differences. Too each their own. I usually refer to them as the same.

I traded away my Elite Z Buzzz for more CryZtal Buzzzes. I like them both, but like the slightly tackier and gummier nature of the CryZtal.

Latest posts