• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] D2 vs. Destroyer

collincarter_

So I throw destroyers and was wondering if anyone who has thrown a d2 can tell me if they are comparable.Or just your opinions on the d2,thanks.

I throw D2s. I don't throw destroyers. I like the glide and overstability of the D2. It also seems fast and has good grip. 400g proto son

I threw D2's for awhile as I was getting tired of hunting for "good" DS' s. I went back to DS' s. I throw with a bit of OAT and a lot of spin. I found at high speeds the D2 was a little touchier and I would burn it to the right more often than the OS DS' s I throw for distance drives. The D2 is still a fine disc and would throw it if I had to give up my DS' s.

Theyre the closest to a DS out of the D series. Complete with a variety of stabilities just like the destroyer.

I like the D2 i carry a couple, i pair it with D3s that are lighter weight.

The D2 I had was a proto that was beat in pretty well, and was more OS than the new Star DS I was throwing at the time.

I have a pretty flat 400g D2 that I like a lot. fast, overstable, but controllable. I don't throw destroyers, I have an all prodigy line-up for my max distance drivers with the D1-4.

I prefer prodigy over the destroyer, solely on the glide factor. I get more distance. Star destroyer feels nice, but 400series feels way better.

I was gifted a "first run" stamped D2 recently and found that at 375-400' it didnt fly quite as overstable as an average destroyer. I was getting a slight flip and turn at those distances for a tight S. Maybe -1.5/3 on the turn and fade. The new AJ's are more overstable than the one I have, my beat up first run *D is flippier. D2 has a slightly larger rim and feels a bit faster but with about the same amount of glide and fade. Very comparable if you don't mind the slight difference in wing size.

Last edited:
D2, Destroyer, Trespass, Heck even a Nuke. Take your choice and learn to throw it. All have disc to disc variation from slightly overstable to a fair amount of hs turn. I personally am favoring the Trespass in my main bag, but carry D2 in my small bag. I felt the destroyer took more effort to run the same lines.

Reviving an old thread. Anyone have any recent insights or comparisons of these two discs?

I haven't thrown the D2 much, in honesty, but I've found the 400s D3s to be awfully comparable to beefy star destroyers. They have very similar stability, but they have a bit more glide and speed, but go farther.

The X1 is way more overstable than any destroyer. It's more like a Stiletto, Enforcer etc.

I think the D2 is like a more stable Destroyer and the D4 is like a slightly beat Destroyer....Personally, I like the D4, and sometimes the D3......and my super curvy line shaping D5......