• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Does anyone have any of the light powder blue pro destroyer's with the maroon/burgundy stamp that you'd be willing to trade? Sorry for asking this outside of the marketplace. :clap:

Anyone have any experience in that the lighter Star Destroyers are a bit more over-stable? This is my first one and it's pretty hooky so far. (I know I've been having trouble of late releasing level and last night was better...so it's possible I'm just getting used to the new weight and plastic, since I moved from a Blizzard) but I've heard some random rumors and wanted to pick your brains.

Discuss!

The one I have has a custom stamp on it from 2011. So I'm assuming it's actually a bit older than that. I'm pretty excited that it's that overstable, so I can beat it in to be perfect.

Do you guys find that the Champion Plastic is more overstable consistently? At least in the lighter weights?

Last edited:
I do like the feel of the Pro plastic, but I can't seem to reconcile with having to replace them as quickly as I would.

My *Destroyer showed up in the mail today. White, purple stamp, and 169g's of buttery goodness. Hopefully it'll take flight tomorrow, I had another bout of my Atrial Fibrilation today, so I may just rest up.

Just waiting on my Pro Destro to round out the bag.

yeah the low weight destroyers tend to have a higher parting line height.

but usually the most stable destroyer is the SDS one that is 167ish and kinda sparkles a little on the star plastic rim.

I bought a pro Destroyer cause it had a sweet rainbow stamp. I'm a noob, I know this, but I actually use it for when I need a long flat drive. It just rips out of my hand like a disc should. I feel really confident throwing it, except I don't throw it often. I don't want to ruin my sweet stamp. :p

I went back to destroyers again and dropped bosses due as the handle wind better, go just as far, and are more predictable all around. Also if I happen to over torque them they are a bit more forgiving. They also seem to have more glide than the boss. It's probably the most comfortable 12 to grip on the market. Don't know why I ever took them out of the bag.

I just switched back to Destroyers from Wraiths. The Wraiths I've been getting have been horribly inconsistent. I'll take a good 'ole AJ *DS any day. I don't need all these SDS and *D things that are all the rage right now.

I just switched back to Destroyers from Wraiths. The Wraiths I've been getting have been horribly inconsistent. I'll take a good 'ole AJ *DS any day. I don't need all these SDS and *D things that are all the rage right now.

I'm with you on this one. I've thrown just about every kind of Destroyer and although I do love my first run Champ I really enjoy the AJ's. From the ones I've held/thrown they are molded very consistent and have just enough stability. Great Destroyers IMO.

I'm with you on this one. I've thrown just about every kind of Destroyer and although I do love my first run Champ I really enjoy the AJ's. From the ones I've held/thrown they are molded very consistent and have just enough stability. Great Destroyers IMO.

I've actually never thrown a champ DS. The one you are sending me will be my first.

I had a domey Champ Destroyer that was my go-to FH disc. I had lost it in the pond on hole #2 at Rollin' Ridge!

I hope tallpaul is watching this thread and reminds Steve P. that it is in that pond! Steve was in my group for Outlaw. So, he knows that I had lost it. I REALLY want it back!!!

so...u like the destroyer eh? post your love for it!

ive always had love for the destroyer,minus the destrulcan crap. first runs,pre averys, echos, champs, pros...i love em all.my favs have to be flat, gummy stars,whether theyre first run or not...flat ones always seemed to be the bees knees.

i dont pay attention to the *D, s/ds or sd markings,i usually just ask about the feel and dome . PLH is the only real reliable way to determine stability.

theyre just the perfect size rim for max distance to me,comfortable and can be deadly if u know how to use them :)

Mmhmmmm! You said it! I don't know what I'd do without them :(

Latest posts