• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Destroyer Vs. Boss

I've hit 420+ with both but the rim of the destroyer just feels a lot better in my hand. I got a champ boss and the bottom edge cut my hand. So the destroyer wins for me.

Star, Champ or Pro Boss (not rpro) at 170-172g seems to not be crazy overstable, especially the newer run of champs and feels significantly faster than the destroyer to me. I have a beat in 171g champ boss that flips nicely and tops out around 500ft. If the boss is too stable for you, then the katana is a great alternative, although it cant handle much headwind. In a big tailwind i will sometimes use a star katana which seems even a bit faster than the boss

This thread (and some of the conversations taking place in it) hurts my brain... Destroyer I guess

I think this thread is very interesting because I hear all this praise for the destroyer, and every time I have thrown one it just feels like a slower boss and i wonder how anyone is preferring that over a boss for maximum distance

Star destroyer. The Boss is just a bit too overstable for my liking, and doesnt feel quite as good in the hand

Both great discs, and similar is most ways. I personally throw the Destroyer not only for comfort of the smaller rim, but also for the (seemingly) added control that a speed 12 disc has over a speed 13.

I have much experience with both discs. I was throwing bosses for awhile but now I made the move to destroyer. I still keep my FR boss in teh nag but that is for big hyzers. To me the destroyer is way more consistent. It seems once the boss flips it never comes back. The destroyer can shape a lot more lines. And for me the destroyer is easier to throw far. What got me thinking about this was that none of the top pros that I know of even throw a boss, but they all throw destroyers. I know Dave Feldbergs name is on the boss but he doesn't even carry one in his competition bag.

yeah on distance like lines the boss is longer but the destroyer is better at:

Hyzers
low line drives thrown 5 feet off the ground
rev shots they will come back if given enough height.
forehands

boss:

pure distance
turnovers

boss more potential but destroyer more useful for keeping scores low.

I have a 175g Star Destroyer and it has been a trooper. I found that its the best side arm disc for me. I've had multiple different weighted/plastic bosses, and I gotta say, not the disc for me it starts turning over the moment It leaves my hand.

I'm going to say the DESTROYER is a better disc. Both from personal experience and from the fact that very few (if any) pros throw a Boss. Feldberg doesn't even have one in his bag and it's his "signature" disc. However, I can't begin to count the number of pros that carry destroyers. I also know more ams that I play with that throw Destroyers than I do that throw a Boss.

selling a destroyer is way easier too.

bosses just sit there like a groove ;) destroyers sell really fast.

Destro fo sho
In particular these two. The translucent x-out is also glow.

Attachments

• xgd_1340400855060.jpg
    xgd_1340400855060.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 10
  • jbd_1340325684789.jpg
    jbd_1340325684789.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 12
Nothing to add, but wanted to say that I have thrown star destroyers for a few years for stable distance and wind. The destroyer is prolly the most stable disc I have in the bag (although mine is pretty seasoned now).
I do have and eco star boss in the same weight as the destroyer and the thing is really stable for me. Are eco star bosses more stable? I have an eco* leopard that I love, and I would say it flies less stable than its champ counterpart (never thrown star leopards).

For me echo bosses start out stable and then get flippy. My echo leopard is way more stable than my champ.

That being said, the star destroyer is a really good disc.
I am not a distance crusher by any means and my most used fast disc is a star sidewinder, but the star destroyer has a place in my bag.

There are so many types of Bosses and Destoyers now...

I will say that out of all the drivers I've ever thrown (Nukes, Lat 64 stuff, Innova, etc..) my Blizzard Boss
(150g) is the furthest flying disc I've ever thrown.

Id say the same about the paper plate sitting in the basket here. 129g Blizzard Destroyer

Attachments

• stonyshite_1340312712560.jpg
    stonyshite_1340312712560.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 18
I would go with the Boss.

I use to throw Orcs and to me The Boss throws like a insanely fast Orc.

I've thrown a Destroyer and it just doesn't have that same kind of flight.I mean I can throw it a good ways,but the flight differs for me.

So the Boss got the right to my bag as my distance crusher.

I do have and eco star boss in the same weight as the destroyer and the thing is really stable for me. Are eco star bosses more stable?

My eco bosses are flippy. I use them as a more stable katana as it can handle the wind better and wont turn and burn. I also power down my eco and put it straight with fade at the end

I picked up a Star Boss 175, I can't throw it for anything. I got a Blizzard Destroyer 150, I love it, it bombs. Thinking of trying a Blizzard Boss.

Latest posts