• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

BTW, Most days I am free in the daytime. I am usually sleeping, but I could got to bed early for a round or two with you guys.

In the past I have even picked guys up from their hotels and taken them to the better course in the area based on my free time. (although it's been a while since someone needed that, Uber I guess)

Awesome, I'd be honored to play a round with you! I'm driving down so don't need an Uber, I could pick you up if needed actually!

There is a church in Duncanville called Crossroads. It has, when maintained, the hardest course in DFW. I have played Harry Myers, Heritage, Veterans and Z Boaz. All are excellent courses. Crossroads is very near to Lester Lorch, which are two of the most scenic courses in DFW. Duncanville is in southwest Dallas County. If you are in excellent physical condition and could play four courses in one day I would play Turner (Grand Prairie), Crossroads (Duncanville) and the two courses at Lester Lorch (Cedar Hill). All four are within 20 minutes of each other. I would be exhausted after one round, two at most, but I am old. Turner has the longest hole in DFW, over 1000 feet. Hole 18. Turner probably has the most elevation change of any course in DFW. All four courses are in the southwest corner of Dallas County.

Z Boaz is in the far distant southwest corner of Tarrant County (county due west of Dallas County). It could be the most difficult course in DFW, elevation change, open holes, technical holes, couple of blind throws. You want to play with a local the first time you play this course or Veteran's Park in Arlington. Both courses are known for holes you cannot see from the teepad. Heritage is the best maintained course in DFW with the nicest facilities. Heritage is fairly close to Lake Lewisville, if you want to play something nearby. Trophy Club to the west of Heritage is also worth playing and fairly close by DFW standards. I live about two miles from Veteran's Park and have played it more than 1000 times. It is a fun course. If you are here between Christmas and New Years I can probably break long enough to play one course. LOL, I am too old to play more than one round a day. I am only about an 820 rated player. Assuming you have a car and want to play Z Boaz, I would match it with Veteran's in Arlington and maybe Saddle Hills, a nice course, but ordinary. It is within 25 minutes of Z Boaz. Some people are saying Bicentennial is worth playing, but I have not played there in seven years. It is in Burleson area and kinda on the way to Z Boaz.

Fritz in Irving is a good course, but very ordinary. Towne Lake is a good course. Someone on the north side of Dallas County could better comment on the courses up there.

Lake Lewisville, Heritage and Trophy Club are all very close to the northern borders of Dallas and Tarrant County and within ten miles of the border between Dallas and Tarrant County, and near the southern border of Denton County. They would make a good set of courses to play in one day.
FYI, s-bizz, Trophy Club DGC is also in a P2P park.

I am a HUGE fan of Crossroads Church in Duncanville. I ran minis when I lived out there. A course that requires all the skills.

2nd for Crossroads, don't miss it when you play Cedar Hill. Might also want to contact Matt and get in a round at his course The Jaranator in the same area of town. Those 4 in one day would be a feat tho.

I'll pay for quality, hell I've payed upwards of $10 for 0.5 courses before - the joys of being a course bagger.

I'll pay for quality, hell I've payed upwards of $10 for 0.5 courses before - the joys of being a course bagger.
Paid $15 to play a par 2 course at the YMCA once.

Most State Parks charge, it's $10 in Oklahoma, $5 in Kansas and $12 for out of state players in Nebraska. In fact I paid twice for 9 hole courses in Nebraska.

most expensive round before this year was my round with cart at Selah Ranch before it shut down. That was $60.

Course #1500 is now my most expensive round, with Cart that was almost $100 including paying for the wife to come with me. I also purchased a pin and Shirt, so I spent $160 to play one round at Eagle Crossing and don't regret one cent of it.

Paid $15 to play a par 2 course at the YMCA once.

Most State Parks charge, it's $10 in Oklahoma, $5 in Kansas and $12 for out of state players in Nebraska. In fact I paid twice for 9 hole courses in Nebraska.

most expensive round before this year was my round with cart at Selah Ranch before it shut down. That was $60.

Course #1500 is now my most expensive round, with Cart that was almost $100 including paying for the wife to come with me. I also purchased a pin and Shirt, so I spent $160 to play one round at Eagle Crossing and don't regret one cent of it.
Can't remember what I actually paid to play Naniloa in Hilo with a cart but it was close to Selah Ranch with a cart.

I agree with most of what's been said. Crossroads in Duncanville is awesome, and the two courses at Lester Lorch are high on my list. 24 courses rated 3.5 or higher are within 50 miles of the center of DFW (Interstate 30 and Highway 360 in Arlington) according to us (dgcoursereview). Don't overlook Gateway Park near downtown Fort Worth. 30 holes in one park. Can be played as a 30-hole loop, or you can duplicate a few holes and play it as two 18s.

I didn't get a chance to play that many courses last time I was in Dallas, but I definitely remember Towne Lake being awesome and I'd highly recommend playing there. Bonus that there is another course right across the street as well (Alex Clark), which I remember being decent but nowhere near as good.

Saddle Hills in White Settlement is the only permanently lit up course with solar powered street lights in DFW. The whole course is lit up with 32 lights. If anyone is wanting some lit up glow rounds this winter or even next summer playing at night, when it isn't 110 degrees, head out to Saddle Hills and check it out. fyi

Windsong Ranch in Frisco updates:

I've been working with the Windsong parks director to re-open this course on a limited basis. The overgrowth and unmowed areas are ok due to the season, but they need to see more interest before committing funds to upkeep and improvements.
There are QR codes on a few tees to fill out their disc golf interest survey. If you are a guest and want to fill out the survey, just duplicate your resident host's address.
Most importantly, act like you want to be welcomed back. This course was unlisted once so please don't do anything to get it possibly pulled.

I've been working with the Windsong parks director to re-open this course on a limited basis. The overgrowth and unmowed areas are ok due to the season, but they need to see more interest before committing funds to upkeep and improvements.
There are QR codes on a few tees to fill out their disc golf interest survey. If you are a guest and want to fill out the survey, just duplicate your resident host's address.
Most importantly, act like you want to be welcomed back. This course was unlisted once so please don't do anything to get it possibly pulled.
I would love to play the course again. It was in poor condition when I played it years ago (it was unlisted everywhere, someone told me about it and I snuck in to play a quick round) Back then, I thought it was one of the better if not best courses in DFW even in the shape it was in at the time.

Is this course still for residents only?

@DNTXDiscGolfer yep, residents and their guests only - for now. Their park people want to start having weekly leagues or other structured events eventually, but until then we need to be good lil dg'ers and play within their rules.

Most of the homes around the park weren't even built when the course went in, so the residents nearby haven't had any disc golf-related issues to deal with - discs in their yard, cussing at that one mf'n basket that hates me, loud music, loose dogs. If they start seeing stoners flicking butts and blasting Tenacious D, some local Karen would close the whole thing down in a heartbeat.

Has anyone who has played the new course in Richardson that could tell me about the drainage? Finally got a day off tomorrow but of course it's been sprinkling all morning.

Has anyone who has played the new course in Richardson that could tell me about the drainage? Finally got a day off tomorrow but of course it's been sprinkling all morning.

I've played it numerous times now.
Hole 6 is in a mud pit. Hole 14 is in a really bad mud pit. There are pedestrians and bike riders everywhere weaving in and out of the course.
Hole 18 runs next to pavillions and a playground so there are people picnicing, kids playing football, soccer, etc. in the fairway.

A week day is probably fine. Saturday mornings are full of entitled golfers in groups of 6,7,9.
I almost saw some guys come to blows over dogs being off leash. Both of them had their dogs off leash.
Of course it's city ordnance, of course it's posted, but they're good dogs! So the law doesn't apply!
Like I said, entitled.

It's enough I told my buddy I don't care how close it is, I'm not playing there again for awhile. There are plenty of other good courses around.

Edited to fix hole number.

Last edited: