• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

I just re reviewed the reviews. Wow, people are brutal- to the honest reviewers of North Park. I mean hey, those reviews are factual. Every one of them is an accurate description of what I've seen since September. That's not a big long time to be playing a course, but it's long enough to see the truth in those reviews.

There's a lot of positive truths in those reviews too. People really like the course and have loads of good things to say about it. But I know how it goes. One ding wipes out ten atta boys.

I don't know if people will update their reviews. I know I will. And I'll post here. And I'll keep picking up litter along the way. Damn, I meant to post the course map from DGCR (ugh, that place with its whacked reviews) on the board at #1 today. If you see it up there with a tool bag drawn on it :hfive:

So anyway, yeah, I like the course and will keep playing it. Looking forward to the improvements. If you see some dude out there with a blue duffel bag, watch out for him. He's a jerk. :p

That is good to hear about North Park. I started playing in early October so I've only experienced it in its under construction state. I love it. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I wonder how long it will take for that mud around 6 to flatten out. And believe it or not, I've missed the mando on 4 the last two times I played.

I found a 2008 VPO innova (boss?) out at Arcadia around Thanksgiving. No name or number but there was a message written on the back...... Anybody....

Speaking of finding discs, I found another disc out at Arcadia around when I started playing. It was some sort of wood/plastic roc. I called the number on the back and ending up giving it back to the owner who works at a restaraunt near Arcadia called, "Hello My Name is Eat". Ended up eating lunch there. Good grub if you're looking for pre/post round grub. Both the guys I talked to working there were disc golfers.

Guess who I met today. Yes! Brandon fron Inches of Mercury. Yallr good. He was working the register at their shop in Haltom City on Stanley Keller Rd. Good prices on DX there. Lower than Academy and Authority. They got minis too. And bags.

So I'm cehecking out and say to the dude working the register, not knowing who he was, "I hear Inches of Mercury has a hand in that course at North Park." I was just fishing for course info. He says, "Yeah, we do. I designed it." Wow. Cool, huh? He went on to say he did it because he liked playing and didn't want to drive all over the county every time he wanted to play a round. Turns out, he's designed several other courses in Texas as well.

He also said they're getting the course back together from the pipeline work and the tornado. They have money from a sponsor and the city has money from the pipeline company. Part of the pipeline deal is that they're paying to repair the destruction from their construction. The base plan is tee replacement, basket work and bridges. If they have money left, they want to plant trees and do some other beautification. Cool.

Audubon Park in Garland went through this construction mess. The reviews were brutal and left the overall "score" below the reality of a very good course.

I've played North Park and liked it. It was before and at the start of the pipeline construction. I liked the course. I'll play it again when it's in condition.

I still haven't played Saddle Hills. Soon... Real soon.

harry myers is definately top on the to do list but i would like to take them to cedar hills thats one of my favorite courses

Played North Park this morning. Saw Brandon dual wielding a pair a saws by #10. Said he was glad we were enjoying the course and that most of the tee pad instal was done. It's tweaking and beautification now. And the long list of "wants". :p

Another new bridge is in. Several tees have two pads now. We played the new ones. Some shorter, easier. Some longer, harder. #12 has a huge round pad in front the rectangle pad. New #16 is some business. Built behind the cut down tree, which is still there. Dunno if that's staying. We played it anyway. Challenge!

I get the impression this course has been through a lot in a little time. Just keeps getting better.

Attachments

• 16 np.jpg
    16 np.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 23
We were out there too. Met Brandon and thanked him for the work he's been doing. He said all the money his shop makes on disc golf goes right back to disc golf some how.

If you go play North Park, the new tees on 10 and 12 are way back behind the old ones. Easy to miss if you're not looking for them.

The circular pad on 15 makes me scratch my head. Maybe for distance competions? I guess the new pad on 16 is to force you to throw a thumber or tomahawk. Keeps me from almost hitting people on the tee pads for 4 and 17, a problem I frequently had playing from the old/short tee on 16.

5 still doesn't have a tee pad and some more bridges would be handy. Even without those, this course is awesome.

Played Crossroads in Duncanville this weekend. Thought I was doing quite well until the long uphill tunnel shot ate my lunch. This course is a must play in DFW.

My brother and I played the newly remodeled North Park from the longs today and had mixed reviews. I like the challenge of all the holes but one wrong kick on a decent shot and your thrown into the widened drainage ditch/creek. If and when the creek is dried up, the course will be more playable.

I shot a 61 and my brother shot a 60. A warning to those who putt aggressively, these DGA baskets have lighter weight chains and will spit your putter out. Also, it hadn't rained yet but the tee boxes were extra slippery.

New tee pad for #12, the short one is near the black barrier and said that the hole was 390ft.

New tee pad for #13, the short one is under the tree.

Long tee for #15 behind the circular tee pad.

I thought I was going to birdie #18 only to find out that it was moved across the creek.

One of the new bridges to cross the creek. The other is currently blocked off and extremely slippery.

I heard on WBAP radio this morning that Z Boaz golf course is closing.

Any chance of getting another disc golf course put in?

Latest posts