• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Hi, Rusty. Doesn't this directly conflict with the DD bag tag challenge at the Lake?

I've been trying to figure out how to get from Saucer Sisters League at Vets to the Lake by 2pm, but I guess if I can't make it, then Lorch by 3pm it is.

*insert dumbfounded face here*

Wow...not sure how I missed that one. I guess my survey of the Facebook landscape wasn't thorough enough :doh: Please allow me to rephrase my initial post...

If you're not already attending the DD Lewisville tag challenge and want to support DD on the other side of the Metroplex, come on down to Cedar Hill at 3pm on Sunday :)

*insert dumbfounded face here*

Wow...not sure how I missed that one. I guess my survey of the Facebook landscape wasn't thorough enough :doh: Please allow me to rephrase my initial post...

If you're not already attending the DD Lewisville tag challenge and want to support DD on the other side of the Metroplex, come on down to Cedar Hill at 3pm on Sunday :)

who at dynamic did you talk to about this special.. I have a new course opening up near wichita falls, and have been looking to run something along the same lines to open the course..

I played a quick round at Audubon this afternoon. The city has installed some small tee signs with a diagram of the hole, the hole length and par. The pars should probably be what the sign says minus one, but at least the city of Garland has done something to improve the course. Baby steps to potential that (for many years now) could be a great track.

I played a quick round at Audubon this afternoon. The city has installed some small tee signs with a diagram of the hole, the hole length and par. The pars should probably be what the sign says minus one, but at least the city of Garland has done something to improve the course. Baby steps to potential that (for many years now) could be a great track.

there is signs at audubon? whoa. :clap: Still won't make the trip from ft worth very often, not my favorite course lol.

About the tee signs at Audubon: It appears that the distances are correct IMO. The pars are way off base (par 71 for the course - even I can shoot under 60 if I play my best - under 65 or I'm not happy at all).

I want to update the distances on the hole info, which shouldn't be a problem. However, I don't know what to do about updating par, if at all. IMO, 6 and 12 are par 4's (as well as 14 of course). The signs show them to be par 5's, which make them all birdie holes for me... I couldn't see changing them to the tee signs. An average player, like myself would easily shoot under par every round.

The tee signs also show 11 par 4's. Only #3 comes close to being a 4. I could call it that, it wouldn't be an easy birdie, but it would be an opportunity...

For those that are familiar with the current course design, please comment on my suggested pars:

1 - 385' - par 3 (sign par 4)
2 - 372' - par 3 (sign par 4)
3 - 482' - par 4 (sign par 4)
4 - 166' - par 3 (sign par 3)
5 - 264' - par 3 (sign par 3)
6 - 530' - par 4 (sign par 5)
7 - 320' - par 3 (sign par 4)
8 - 370' - par 3 (sign par 4)
9 - 320' - par 3 (sign par 4)
10 - 415' - par 3 (sign par 4)
11 - 336' - par 3 (sign par 4)
12 - 536' - par 4 (sign par 5)
13 - 342' - par 3 (sign par 4)
14 - 625' - par 4 (sign par 5)
15 - 405' - par 3 (sign par 4)
16 - 246' - par 3 (sign par 3)
17 - 292' - par 3 (sign par 3)
18 - 305' - par 3 (sign par 4)

Well... waddooya think?

Sounds about right. I'm a strong believer that every hole should be birdiable, and in rare cases, eagleable. I'd say it's reasonable that a hole should be a par 4 if no one in the world could ever ace it (hole 3 at Harry Meyers comes to mind). However, I recall when the Titledisc Open was at Audubon, I heard about how somebody (Nikko?) 2d 14. Was that the rare Eagle, or should 14 be a par 3? If hole 14 is a par 3, why not holes 3 and 6?

It's not bad at the view of beginners, but they shouldn't be paring stuff. I think a bunch of em should be 3's maybe 3, 6, and 14 should be 4's but rest 3's

Even 6 wasn't that difficult. Place a shot on this side of the creek then up the gut mid shot.

12 is the longest dogleg right with the protected basket. I have made a 3 on it once in the 200 or so times that I've played the course. For an average player (300 foot driving), it should be a 4 because of the difficulty of the approach, IMO.

I've made many, many 3's on #3. A drive through the trees and an accurate approach makes an easy 3, but they all have to be really good shots. The average player hits a tree, be off by 30 feet on the approach, etc.

The approach on #6 is tough under the trees. At least for me. I've only 3'd it a half a dozen times.

As for Nikko's 2 on 14... it's a bomber hole that doesn't have trees in the way. If you can throw it 575 feet, then you have a 50 footer for 2. Certainly not the average guy.

I wish they didn't put pars on the tee signs. Putting them on here is this issue at hand. I play there a lot. IMO, par should be 58. The really good players use 55 as par... I'll just leave par as it is - 55.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Awesome new benches were installed on Monday at each hole @Bear Creek.

I'll be in Cedar Hill this weekend and was wondering if there are any DG shops around that area? Any help is much appreciated.

Something new in Azle.....

I heard they are trying for the first part of March to open this course. Anyone know anything else?

Latest posts