• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

So I played Brown-Singleton in Waxahachie today. It's a really good layout. Not just with the land given, just a damn good design. It was worth the hour drive from Ft Worth to play. There is a grand opening Saturday morning, check out Waxahachie Disc Golf on Facebook for details. Go out and show the course/city some DG love.

I am sorry but I thought the layout was anything but good. It felt like I tracked all over that course. I did enjoy a lot of the holes themselves but the flow was a mess. I also felt like I was playing in a cow pasture most of the time. I will play it again a couple of times before I review it but this was my first impression. Did anyone else feel like the flow was a issue?

A group of us out of Cleburne plan to go there pretty soon, maybe this weekend. I'm sure it'll get a couple reviews out of us.

They've put a course up in Hillsboro on the Hill College campus. No signage or permanent teepads yet, just some numbered flags. It's not a super awesome design, but it's pretty good. They've got some trees and a decent sized pond. I've been waiting for the teesigns before I put a rating on it.

I keep asking my friend Google, and searching here, but haven't seen any update on the course in Anna. Anybody have an update? Thanks.

I contacted the parks department in Anna, and they said they have a few issues with their ADA compliance officer to work out, and are shooting for the end of October to have a Grand Opening.

We got by the Waxahachie course today. We thought it was pretty good, a couple of us put up new reviews. I got photos uploaded for all the holes, so you can see what she looks like.

I am sorry but I thought the layout was anything but good. It felt like I tracked all over that course. I did enjoy a lot of the holes themselves but the flow was a mess. I also felt like I was playing in a cow pasture most of the time. I will play it again a couple of times before I review it but this was my first impression. Did anyone else feel like the flow was a issue?

The 4-5-6 loop is kind of a weird flow moment. The signage points you there and back, so we had no real issue locating any holes. I'm probably a little forgiving of that because of how much I like hole #5.

There are a few open holes in the mix that just look like a field. 15 through 18 are all not so great. But there are enough wooded holes that I like it pretty well. It's not Coyote or Z Boaz with nearly every hole being wooded, but it has more than it's fair share of them. Probably best for Waxahachie area disc golfers. It's probably worth a trip for anyone DFW to go to once, but it likely won't be a regular destination for anyone.

The 4-5-6 loop is kind of a weird flow moment. The signage points you there and back, so we had no real issue locating any holes. I'm probably a little forgiving of that because of how much I like hole #5.

There are a few open holes in the mix that just look like a field. 15 through 18 are all not so great. But there are enough wooded holes that I like it pretty well. It's not Coyote or Z Boaz with nearly every hole being wooded, but it has more than it's fair share of them. Probably best for Waxahachie area disc golfers. It's probably worth a trip for anyone DFW to go to once, but it likely won't be a regular destination for anyone.

Thanks for posting this update. I think the wolfpack and I will play there next weekend.

Hey all, newbie here. I'm going to be in the DFW area for work for the rest of the week and am looking for a little guidance on what courses to hit up.

My client is in Garland, so I'm staying up that way. Just from browsing the courses myself I know that I'm going to check out Harry Myers, but I have one more night when I'll be able to get out and throw. Looking for thoughts on where else I should go that is close to Garland. I'd also love to know what league nights are for where I end up playing so I can avoid those if possible. I'll be playing tomorrow and Th nights.

Thanks for any insight...

Hey all, newbie here. I'm going to be in the DFW area for work for the rest of the week and am looking for a little guidance on what courses to hit up.

My client is in Garland, so I'm staying up that way. Just from browsing the courses myself I know that I'm going to check out Harry Myers, but I have one more night when I'll be able to get out and throw. Looking for thoughts on where else I should go that is close to Garland. I'd also love to know what league nights are for where I end up playing so I can avoid those if possible. I'll be playing tomorrow and Th nights.

Audobon is a fun course, and is right there in Garland. If you are open to travel a little bit then Towne Lake In McKinney is not too far and is one to check out.

Audobon is a fun course, and is right there in Garland. If you are open to travel a little bit then Towne Lake In McKinney is not too far and is one to check out.

Thanks, I'll check that one out.

One other question, just because I've seen it mentioned in so many reviews. What's the scoop on the snakes? We've got Missassauga rattlers up here in MI, but for the most part they are harmless and will let you know where they are long before you'll get into trouble. Anything in particular I need to know about the snakes in DFW?

One other question, just because I've seen it mentioned in so many reviews. What's the scoop on the snakes? We've got Missassauga rattlers up here in MI, but for the most part they are harmless and will let you know where they are long before you'll get into trouble. Anything in particular I need to know about the snakes in DFW?

Rattlers and Copperheads are the problem snakes. Rattlers announce their presence. Copperheads tend to be pretty darn docile. You've really gotta get right up on them. It hasn't been a particularly bad year for snakes, probably a benefit of the drought.

I would not worry too much about them, you may see one, but just like in MI they will warn you if you get too close. Just be aware of your surroundings and you should be OK.

Definitely do Harry Myers like you said. BB Owen (if you don't mind the urban setting) isn't far from Garland and Paschal in the south part of Mesquite is good too. Audubon as mentioned but a few of the holes (10 through 15) are pretty mundane IMO.

Curtis

So it looks like Harry Myers tomorrow night after I get in, and Audubon on Thursday. I'm traveling light this time, no room for my bag. So if you see a guy carrying four discs, a towel he swiped from his hotel, and rocking the Old English D on his ballcap, say hi. Thanks for the input folks...

I've mostly seen snakes at Cedar Hill. It's a poisonous snake preserve, so I guess that makes sense. Harry Myers, Audubon, abd Towne Lake are all very challenging courses. If you don't have a monster arm, or if you just appreciate history and want to play on Whammo donated baskets relocated from the oldest, and long defunct, course in the metroplex, BB Owen is probably of more interest. I tend to play BB Owen, Paschall, and Alex Clark in that region. I just don't have the arm to enjoy the more challenging courses.

If you can get on Facebook, there is a group called "DFW Disc Golf minis".

League info for the entire Metroplex is there. There's something somewhere every day.

for any McKinney people out there, is there a good place to post about a lost disc at Towne Lake? i realized yesterday that my CE QJLS wasn't in my bag and i must have left it out somewhere at the course.

or, if anyone finds a sweet, tourquoise CE QJLS at Towne Lake it should have my name and number on it

Not really, you could try Dewayne of StraightLine or show up for a Friday night or Sunday morning mini and ask around.

Just posting over here as well to let everyone know Mccord is open now over in little elm. I really enjoyed the course, Its alot more fun from the pro boxes on most shots.

Can anybody confirm this ?

If you look at the Mccord thread John says theres still some work to be done concerning trees and I guess some teepad was not removed correctly. Roc1time played it too. The course is definately playable though.

Latest posts