• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Talked to somebody at the City of Anna today. They said the course there finally opened on 5/1. Hope to get up there in the next couple of weeks.

great news! :clap:

anyone have an address for the course?

City of Anna has a map for the course with distances posted on their facebook page. I can't link to it from work, but it has 3 sets of tees. Blue and White are concrete and red is marked with pavers. Par is 66 and the distances are Blue 8388 feet, White 6998 feet and Red 5806 feet. Judging from the picture of the layout, there is a creek that winds through the course, but it seems pretty open and tricked up with out of bounds along several fence lines.

Got the chance to play the DD Trophy Club tournament Saturday and the course is awesome. They did a great job on the redesign. There is a good mix of lefty and righty friendly holes and some wicked rough if you throw a bad shot. It still needs little clean up from stumps and one fairway will hopefully even out from the ruts the machines left behind. I wish it weren't 45 minutes away without traffic or it would become my new home course. From the looks of things there are at least two pin placements for half of the holes. The park entrance is only $1. The only downside is the motocross tracks that are literally right next to the course. The sound of the bikes could start to wear on you if there are more than a few out there at one time. But even that didn't seem to bother people during the tournament. They had temp tee signs up and temp "next tee" direction signs in place. It could get confusing on a few of the paths from one hole to the next. I heard they should be getting the permanent signs in place pretty soon.

Overall it's a great course that sets up very well for tournament play and will test every shot that you have.

why is the trophy club page not RIP'ed for the new layout?

the same old page is still up but all the old reviews are hidden. so now i can't see my old review (and thus can't update it) and it won't let me write a new one because i have "already reviewed this course".

why is the trophy club page not RIP'ed for the new layout?

the same old page is still up but all the old reviews are hidden. so now i can't see my old review (and thus can't update it) and it won't let me write a new one because i have "already reviewed this course".

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll see if I can't get a new page started.

I really need to find time to swing by the trophy club park. I'm working in Roanoke but the drive home is almost 2 hours somedays. Kind of hard to play up here and then drive all the way home. Sounds like its worth it though.

sounds like with a 2 hr drive, you need to play up there so that it's not dark by the time you get home. trophy club is totally worth it, they've put in a huge amount of work and it shows. the design is fun and as soon as the amenities are in place and the course has been polished it will be a top option in the north end of the metroplex

i don't know how much of the space is available to the course but it would be awesome to see a second 18 out there someday, especially since it's so out of the way.

I just ran over and played the front 9 at trophy club during lunch. What a course! I'm trying to think of something to compare it to and all I can come up with is cedar hill without the elevation. I would have to say I enjoyed it immensely! I can't wait to hit the back 9 next week sometime. I went plus 3 on the front 9. Not bad in work boots and jeans.

Hell, I might write my first review.

* after I finish of course.

you should probably let them figure out the new page before you write it. they oughta RIP the old one

I thought they had fixed it. There is only one review up right now and it's rated 3.5 or something close.

I'm curious how quickly I can get from Cleburne to Z Boaz using Chisolm Trail Parkway. It crosses I20 pretty close to Z. Right now our closest quality course is Bicentennial in Crowley, I think with the toll road we can get to Z just as quickly.

Trophy Club is definitely worth the trip. I think it's one of the best in DFW, it has potential to be the best with a little work here and there. We will absolutely be making more trips up there. It's about an hour and twenty minutes from Cleburne, so it's not going to be a regular course for us, even as much as we like it. It does seem a lot like coyote, I think the holes are layer out a bit better. The long pins that everything is in right now are especially challenging. We played from the middle tees, found the longs to be a bit too challenging. There are some really insane holes up there. Wish it was closer and that 35 didn't back up so much.

so there are 3 sets of tees there now? i saw concrete longs and tile-marked shorter tees 2 weeks ago. what's the deal now?

I also played the new trophy club this weekend and i'd echo the sentiments of the other posters its a great course and i'll be going back. I'd add keep an eye out for snakes though, I saw two that day. I'm pretty sure both were rat snakes nothing to be too worried about.

Crossposting from the lost disc thread. I found a white gold line trident on the back 9 saturday. It did not have a phone number but it did have a specific symbol on the bottom. If you know/are the owner please message me with what the symbol is and i'll get it back to you.

I know Brad said there were short tees at Trophy Club but only the longs had poured concrete. I didn't know there were a third set of short/middle tees. The square tiles with the 'X's on them are the drop zones for the mandos. That could make it a little confusing. That and some of the old tee boxes are still there (the gravel filled boxes).