• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Vocab List - Fun or Catchy Terms

I like "nub rubber" for those low putts that rub the nubs on the basket on the way in. My buddy tells his drivers to "become new" when he wants them to fade but knows that they aren't. I also like to take the box to "poundtown" I tell it that when I'm done it'll be scared of this disc.

Tombstoned: Disc comes to a dead stop by smacking into a rock, mostly used when the drive barely hovering above the ground.
Treestoned: Dead stop and drop straight to the ground from hitting a tree squarely.

The Fugitive: When a disc disappears and requires everyone in the group to find it.
Mole: Disc lands in a hole or otherwise ends up underground
Hawked: Landed in a tree too high for player to reach
Getting Sneaky: disk threads through a bunch of trees

Due to my buddies disappearing Wraith..

Ewraithed: When a disc magically disappears, even though you had 2 spotters..

Getting Greazy: (said in voice of Bubbles) When you get a disc that has eyes and sneaks through everything.

"Lucy" or "Alice", as in "Throw the thing, Lucy!" when someone comes up short on a drive/upshot/putt.

Getting Greazy: (said in voice of Bubbles) When you get a disc that has eyes and sneaks through everything.

Had a DX Wraith get "Ewraithed" a while back. We saw it hit the ground and stop, never looked away, but after 20 minutes and 4 guys searching through leaves we never found it...

I have taken to whistling the Monty Python Lumberjack song whenever someone hits multiple trees in the same hole. I still don't think any of my friends have figured it out though. Going way off the fairway and still parring the hole is "taking the road less traveled by".

upon making a putt where you hit no chains, all basket, we usually say in our worst mexican accent...

"we dont need no stinkin chains"

They made a movie..

They made a movie about this one: Ewraither. With Arnold.

Tombstoned: Disc comes to a dead stop by smacking into a rock, mostly used when the drive barely hovering above the ground.

Tombstoned: Disc lands on edge and sticks, normally when thrown on a spike hyzer into soft muddy ground or snow. The disc looks like a tombstone coming out of the ground.

Treestoned: Dead stop and drop straight to the ground from hitting a tree squarely.

Also: Treejected, Treenied

I just thought this thread was great and felt it should be brought out again

Tie a string to it: A drive that goes way up in the air like a kite
I saw what you were going for (in my best "I'm ok, you're ok" voice): A terrible throw that goes horribly awry, but you don't want the guy you're with to lose his sh!t and throw a fit. Also works if you want exactly that to happen, just change the tone of your voice when you say it

After throwing a shot too high, be it a drive or approach shot ... the thrower gripes "Agh! Too high!". A guy a play with always retorts "Story of my life."

^^^
it's not that the person threw their purse at it
it's more a question of "did your purse get in the way?"