• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Breaker!

really want to try one of these out. I love low profile putters. what's the difference I. plastic feel between the pro line and sp?

Proline is an ESP/X Blend, SP (sparkle) is sparkle Z. Same feel beefyness-wise, just the actual feel of the material is different.

My ringer goes dead straight for me with no fade unless I give it some height. The only gripe I have is that the top is a bit bubbly, and I cannot grip it very well. Can I expect the same sort of flight out of a Breaker?

I already have a zone with no reason to throw it out of my bag, but that disc is more of an OS skip disc than anything.

My ringer goes dead straight for me with no fade unless I give it some height. The only gripe I have is that the top is a bit bubbly, and I cannot grip it very well. Can I expect the same sort of flight out of a Breaker?

I already have a zone with no reason to throw it out of my bag, but that disc is more of an OS skip disc than anything.

Breaker will have a stronger fade at the end then a Ringer, and will be much more durable.

I've never felt a domey Breaker before (I own 8 ATM) but I suppose they could be out there. As for fade a Breaker certainly has more than Ringers - nothing crazy likes my Drones or your Zone though.

It may fit perfectly between the two for you but you also may find it redundant...have you ever thrown a D Zone?

i'm seeing some SP breakers for sale.

before i pounce, i noticed you said they were the same as P-line in terms of stability. the only other DGA disc i've thrown is the tsunami, which was MUCH more stable than its proline counterpart.

so you're saying these are identical stability despite the plastic differences?

While I can't comment on the stability difference, the SP Breakers I held at my local shop felt very, very slick, and nowhere near as nice as Proline. They were tourney stamps, though, so maybe it is an older run than what is out now.

I too have a tourney stamped SP Breaker. The plastic is nowhere near as nice as the other SP discs I have. It's very cloudy and feels and looks like Proline with a splash of SP. They fly the same. I was hoping for the pretty, clear, sparkly, almost gummy SP when I bought it.

i'm seeing some SP breakers for sale.

before i pounce, i noticed you said they were the same as P-line in terms of stability. the only other DGA disc i've thrown is the tsunami, which was MUCH more stable than its proline counterpart.

so you're saying these are identical stability despite the plastic differences?

I'm sorry, I meant PL and SP feel the same in hand dimensions wise - you know how some discs feel bigger in premium plastic? Like say a P&A Aviar in DX and Champ for instance?

SP is more overstable, but not by too much. Their HSS' are about the same with Sparkle having a bit more fade.

While I can't comment on the stability difference, the SP Breakers I held at my local shop felt very, very slick, and nowhere near as nice as Proline. They were tourney stamps, though, so maybe it is an older run than what is out now.

The only Sparkles out so far are CFR (Innova term I know)..only production ones are ProLine.

I too have a tourney stamped SP Breaker. The plastic is nowhere near as nice as the other SP discs I have. It's very cloudy and feels and looks like Proline with a splash of SP. They fly the same. I was hoping for the pretty, clear, sparkly, almost gummy SP when I bought it.

None of mine are gummy. Only have 1 of 5 SP that are not cloudy.

After a little dirt and a few hard landings/tree hits the grip increases...curious how one will feel when I reach that 6/10 threshold:popcorn:

Is everyone else's sp line breakers crazy zippered on the bottom? I just got one and it's like I could hook it up to a record player.

I am throwing a shockwave right now for an overstable mid shot, but it is pretty much a one trick pony. I am wondering about replacing it with a breaker, would I lose that slow overstable shot or would the breaker cover it no problem?

It should be good and over stable for you, but a shockwave would obviously throw farther. I've found breakers to be a little straighter when thrown hard, which makes them great for drives.

At what distance/power would you say the breaker loses most of its fade? around 250ft? further?

To me the Breaker is very different from the Shockwave. At 250 a Breaker for me has a smidge of turn and just a short fade right before it drops, assuming it's thrown eye level. I can't get it past 250 no matter what. I use the Breaker as a driving/upshot putter into a headwind and the Shockwave as a true OS mid-range. I wouldn't think one would replace the other. I find the Breaker best for a fast/low <200ft, like a Z Buzzz is at 300ft.

I like the zipper bottoms :)

My favorite shot with these are the 200-220 range ... drop it down on hyzer and just rip the piss out of it. I am not man enough to turn it over... and I doubt that I will ever get this disc passed 260 feet. The disc always does the same thing for me.

Has anyone thrown them against the classic roc. I throw a tfr champion for driving/upshot putter. I putt with the pro classic roc. Just picked up 2 pl breakers that I'm hoping will replace my putter. They feel just a bit beefier in my hand than the classic roc. Have not gotten to throw them yet.