• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Breaker!

The Breaker has become my main driving and approach disc. I have a beat in pro line that is a thing of beauty. Decent turn, flies straight, and finishes slightly left. I have a SP one for more over stable duties as well. First two shots with them yesterday was a parked drive and a ~150 ft spike hyzer that scooped out of the back cage. These are money!

How's a Breaker compare to a Suspect?

They are pretty close stability wise. Breaker might be a tick less stable but the Suspect is a decent amount longer for me. I'm actually trying to find a new mid that's got the stability of a Suspect but a tad longer. Something to bridge the gap of the Breaker and Gazelle a little better.

They are pretty close stability wise. Breaker might be a tick less stable but the Suspect is a decent amount longer for me. I'm actually trying to find a new mid that's got the stability of a Suspect but a tad longer. Something to bridge the gap of the Breaker and Gazelle a little better.

Drone, especially in Cryztal. Also, it won't beat in quite as straight like a Suspect can.

Drone, especially in Cryztal. Also, it won't beat in quite as straight like a Suspect can.

I like how the Suspect beats in straight but still fights the wind. I like the Drone but I think it's too overstable for what I need. I almost need a Drone SS. Since I only carry one mid it needs to do it all.

Get a nice flat Shark3. Compliments my Breaker nicely for those shots that are just out of Breaker range.

Get a nice flat Shark3. Compliments my Breaker nicely for those shots that are just out of Breaker range.

Great recommendation. I really liked the Shark3 but just didn't have a need for it at the time. Actually I should pick another one up.

Any more HSS than a Roc3? I threw one a few times when they first came out but I can't remember much about how they flew. Sounds like a good recommendation. I'll try one out

After pairing my breakers with steadys for a while I have decided to go back to the breaker/ ringer combo. That combo is just too good. Nothing against the steady it's a really good disc but I'm just more consistent with breakers and ringers.

Just tested my first D Line Breaker for a little putting practice. The black plastic feels like butter and its nice and stiff. Similar stability to my prolines but I suspect it will beat in quickly and become very straight. The big downside I see is the durability. After about 40 putts there are already some noticeable dings. The CA heat might make that black plastic a little sticky once summer comes. Only time can tell.

Got a Breaker, now I need to pick up a Ringer.

How far are you guys throwing these guys, does the Ringer go further for you? Mainly interested in driving aspects.

My Glow Squall is slightly tackier than SP. It's also less stable w/ more glide.
Not sure what the Breaker will fly like, but it'll have a bit more grip than SP.

Not true. It feels exactly like my SP.

Any reports on how the glow Breakers fly? Also, is anybody using D Line Breakers for putting?

Glow Breakers fly exactly like SPs. I don't think there's any difference at all.

Got a Breaker, now I need to pick up a Ringer.

How far are you guys throwing these guys, does the Ringer go further for you? Mainly interested in driving aspects.

I'll use the Breaker off the tee for those tweener distances between the Titanic and the Aftershock/Shockwave, which for me is around 240-260', and it probably maxes out for me around 280'.

I can get a SP breaker with full power close to 325' I use it for 200' or in tee shots or upshots though. Fun disc to throw.

ProLines I bet a could pump a little farther. I have someone local that throws them 350' pretty crazy how much distance he gets with them.

D lines do break in to flat and then flippy. I get about 2 months worth before they start flipping for me.

My ringers got to this weird place where I didn't know if they would flip or not , I also decided that I wanted to use a more neutral/ slower putter for putting. The breakers are still in the bag though.

I'm still trying to figure out my breakers. They work great when I approach but when I start really reaching back for a good pull, I underestimate the glide and end up wide right. My best throws with them are at the 200ft max range. I could easily get one past 300 but it overlaps my buzzz a little. I need to figure out if I should keep the breakers or just take them out and use wizards instead.

I'm still trying to figure out my breakers. They work great when I approach but when I start really reaching back for a good pull, I underestimate the glide and end up wide right. My best throws with them are at the 200ft max range. I could easily get one past 300 but it overlaps my buzzz a little. I need to figure out if I should keep the breakers or just take them out and use wizards instead.

ProLine Breakers (at least for me at around 240-250) are far more OS than my Wizards, but not as OS as my Hybrid Z Zone...

I love my SP Breakers for up shots. It sits down and seems to always land flat. I've never used it as an actual putter but I would like to try a D one.

Ive been on the hunt for a new throwing my putter. My JK avairs are great on approach shots and shorter drives, but I have a tendency to turn them over on longer drives. I want a driving putter that is moderately overstable and more torque resistant than my aviars. Would the breaker fit the bill? I have been throwing the new Hawg but they are a little too overstable and not quite as versatile as I would like.

^Yes sir! They're the best slightly OS putter I've had the pleasure of throwing. Aside from Dynamic Discs and Prodigy (I'm a hater) I've tried just about every one on the market.

Breakers are definitely a little faster than BB Aviars so do take that into consideration. Lower profile (more shallow) as well. If the two things I just mentioned don't scare you off then DEFINITELY give one a shot:thmbup: