• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA disc talk

I've been wondering about d line squalls, I'm interested in hearing your opinions on the one you picked up.

I love the amazing grip and feel of the D-line plastic, but man its soft. First tree I hit with the Squall left 2 gouges on the rim. I gouged my D-line Tsunami real quick, and a thorn pierced the flight plate of my D-line Aftershock the first week I had it. The D-line Titanic blend is much tougher, but not pencil eraser grippy like the others. I've had my D-line Tsunami for about a month, and after 100 throws or so, it has become a flip machine. I can't give it full power, even fully hyzered, without it turning way over. I worry the D Squall is going to beat in just as fast. I threw it maybe 20 times yesterday, and I could feel it not wanting to come back towards the end. I'm gonna go out again today with all my Squalls and do a better comparison.

The D-Line Squall is most like the Proline. It behaves very similarly, especially new. As it has beat in, it continues to lose HSS, but it still fights back like the Proline. It floats a little further than the Proline in a tailwind, but it did okay in a headwind, landing just a few feet right and short of the Proline. It's more responsive to turning angles, and will hold a turn the whole flight.

I know all this can change quickly if I keep throwing it, so I'm saving it for wet rounds for the superior grip.

Anyone on here get their hands on a SP Flex Breaker yet? I'm loving it! Quite a bit more stable compared to the normal SP run.

Anyone on here get their hands on a SP Flex Breaker yet? I'm loving it! Quite a bit more stable compared to the normal SP run.

By more stable do you mean more overstable, or less fade and having an overall straighter flight?

I am loving my breakers, I have a proline and a sparkle. I email DGA every week or two about and beg them for d line an flex breakers, they are probably getting pretty sick of me. 😃 Today I sunk a 75' approach shot forehand with my proline, which is really saying something because my forehand is terrible!

By more stable do you mean more overstable, or less fade and having an overall straighter flight?

I am loving my breakers, I have a proline and a sparkle. I email DGA every week or two about and beg them for d line an flex breakers, they are probably getting pretty sick of me. 😃 Today I sunk a 75' approach shot forehand with my proline, which is really saying something because my forehand is terrible!

I'm sure they love your enthusiasm and interest into their company. :)

I have a few FLEX SPs they are much more overstable. Not really my style of disc, but they're nice. I have some D-lines as well. They're really nice. And not as stable. More straight.

It's the principle of the thing. Also (maybe I'm crazy here)I think d line is a little better plastic than pro d. Maybe I have just got lucky and the d line discs that I own are from a good run of pro d.

Possible, for example Proline is definitely different than ESP. But from run to run, Pro D and D-line are sure to vary anyway.

The Pro D Ringers I've seen recently are a nice chalky feel, not the waxy Pro D Discraft also puts out. Also, Ringers are easy to get while Breakers aren't run nearly as often by Discraft for DGA.

Last edited:
Possible, for example Proline is definitely different than ESP. But from run to run, Pro D and D-line are sure to vary anyway.

The Pro D Ringers I've seen recently are a nice chalky feel, not the waxy Pro D Discraft also puts out. Also, Ringers are easy to get while Breakers aren't run nearly as often by Discraft for DGA.

Two questions: do ringers have the thumb track groove, and are they as flat as a breaker?

Thumb track or not , they sound intriguing. I will probably hold out for the DGA version for a few months more before I try one.

Flex breakers sound like they would be amazing approach discs. I bet that flex plastic really minimizes skip.

Ringer no thumb-track, not like Banger GT. There is a slight concave area just off the rim, same as Breaker. Definitely not the same as the actual thumb-track groove on Banger GT, Pulse, etc.