• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hit #7 Fitzgerald park in Grand Ledge, MI on the new layout. Pretty short about 220ft with a Cryztal Buzz GT. Slight Hyzer right into the heart of the chains.

WMoUAMg.jpg

Just nabbed my second ace! Hole 8 @ Eagle's Edge DGC in Brooklyn Park, MN

174 M Ibex, thrown flat and let it gently fade right (I'm a southpaw) ...love that sound!

My buddy and I have been playing that course lately just seeking aces. I almost aced #9 by sneaking a buzzz through the trees. It hit chains but fell out. :confused:

I aced hole 11 at Plymouth. (The dogleg right uphill a little bit) Forehand Discraft Pulse

Aced Hole #3 at Hyland (short course) Prodigy M2

Aced Hole #3 at Valley with Discraft Stalker, anny. in Inver Grove Heights,
MN

:D..............:|:|:|

Almost had my first of the year at a tourney... #5 at Northside Christian Church. Flicked an Opto XXX right into the heart of the chains, not too high, not too low, but a gust of L to R wind pushed it out of the grasp of the chains. It was loud and solid.

...Then I "tin-cupped" the next hole and ended up with a 10. :|

Just aced hole #18 at Kaposia in St Paul MN. (The original 18) Uphill, some trees, basket right before an OB. Buzzz...Hyzer flipped...up, glided, turned...dead center chains.

Felt good to card a 1 on the last hole...finished -3. ;)

Just got my first Ace yesterday during Calverts ace race. Was a short 160' but still proud to have it

I got my second of the year, third ace total on a nasty hole, #4 at Shaver Park. It's a a slight down hill dog leg left 205 ft shot through 2 trees off the teepad with a nasty dropoff behind the basket. I lost sight of the disc because i was trying to see where it was going to land and moved to the side of the big tree on the left side of the teepad and heard the chains. My first thought was that i grazed it and went down past the basket, but saw the disc in it when i got down to the basket. It's a soft eclipse anode that had spit out on another ace run on a course in DeWitt and finally decided to stay in.

Pics are from early this year showing just the teepad and shot through the trees and then the basket with dropoff behind it.

Attachments

• DSC00077.jpg
    DSC00077.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00080.jpg
    DSC00080.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 21
Aced hole 15 at shelby farms park in Memphis TN. 408 ft hole threw a D1 on a hyzer the hole way on the wide open hole. Glad to be in the ace pot today!

hole 10 at kenwood trails in MN . . . 2nd ace ever, and it was at leagues! 200$ in my pocket, thank you very much. it's the hole in the center, not the right.

nice soft toss with the summit, whammy. felt sooooo good; this was our last week to get the ace pot, and i chained out on an earlier hole, hit the post on another, and skipped just around a third hole. never had so many close calls, so sealing the deal felt nice.

c51c4c78.jpg

First One!!!

After 50+ basket-and-above hits or chain-outs, I finally got one to stick. Standstill FH; ice-blue eclipse Axis. Hole #7A blue, Dolese Youth Park.

7Dolese.jpg

Axis7Dolese.jpg

Finally got my first real ace today after 6.3 years. I had aced an 85' hole earlier this year on nothing more than a pitch and putt course we have nearby, but didn't really think of it as a legit ace. The one I hit today was at Bethel Park DGC in Morganton, NC - Hole 7, 243' (sign incorrectly reads 220'). I was really fortunate in that I had one witness, who happened to be walking across the footbridge behind me at the time and witnessed the whole thing from start to finish and agreed to sign my disc. The hole is absolutely wide open in the middle of a field. There was a pretty brisk crosswind from right to left. Disc was an Innova R-Pro Bulldog. The shot was on a sort of mid to low trajectory with a pretty good hyzer angle on it. I aimed slightly right of normal for the wind and it just carried the disc right back in.
I had hit every conceivable piece of the basket up to this point without getting one to actually stick. Had a dead center crash out on the 448' 12th hole at South Mountain in Bostic, NC earlier this year with a D4 and was thinking I might go forever without getting one at that point. Nice to get the monkey off my shoulders. Time for the floodgates to open hopefully, lol.

I got my second of the year, third ace total on a nasty hole, #4 at Shaver Park. It's a a slight down hill dog leg left 205 ft shot through 2 trees off the teepad with a nasty dropoff behind the basket. I lost sight of the disc because i was trying to see where it was going to land and moved to the side of the big tree on the left side of the teepad and heard the chains. My first thought was that i grazed it and went down past the basket, but saw the disc in it when i got down to the basket. It's a soft eclipse anode that had spit out on another ace run on a course in DeWitt and finally decided to stay in.

Pics are from early this year showing just the teepad and shot through the trees and then the basket with dropoff behind it.

Whew....that is a very ballsy ace and I applaud you. The tiers help, but still a nasty hill behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts