• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

son of a bitscuit... I was gonna start this thread with my no ace... :(

Can I claim the first one of 2014? I took a snowboarding / hiking trip for New Years in Canaan Valley, West Virginia. I stopped in Fairmont on the way home and aced #8 on Orange Crush on New Years Day. It was the exclamation point for the entire trip!

I saw two in my warm up group before a tourney on new years day, then there was an ace in both rounds! 2014 is a hot year , everybody go get some!

Got my second ace ever on New Years Day in Truckee, Ca - playing with my son.
Hole#2 250' - 167 Champion Tern.
What a great start to the year! I was 4 under after 3 holes - and finished the round at 3 under - one of my best scores ever and the best at that course.

Got my 6th ace on the 2nd of January. Hole #1 at Maximo Park in St. Petersburg Florida.

I posted this in another thread when I meant to post it here...

Played my first round of 2014 at the annual Headache Bowl, January 1st, at Woodland Park in Collinsville, IL (just outside STL). I was the first to tee off on my card on Hole 10. I was watching the TD prepare to blow the horn at the pavilion, so I was ready to go. About 5 seconds after the horn, I release my drive and, you guessed it, ACE! It wasn't technically my first throw of the year (played a warm up 9 holes before the tourney), but DAMN does it make for a good ACE story! I think that one might top my previous favorite ACE story...stacking my disc on top of another ACE at an Ice Bowl for Back-to-Back ACES! If you are counting, it was almost exactly 11:00AM CST 1-1-2014.

Played a casual round yesterday at Earlewood Park in Columbia, SC with Hall of Famer Alan Beaver. I released a FLX Glo Meteor on Hole 14 and shouted "GO IN" as soon as it flipped up straight, and she obeyed. As I threw my hands up and danced around I noticed about 4 people on the adjacent fairway Hole 5 and 3 more up the hill on Hole 6, so I had a pretty good audience. Beaver was shooting so good I joked that I had to ace to take the tee box away from him!

Got my first ACE on New Year's Day, in a foot of snow and well below freezing temperature. Tomahawked a Groove into #1 at Rockford University. Must have been around 12:30 CST

Got my first ace in three years yesterday. The hole is a shorty, only 110', but its still an ace and I'll take it. :D Nailed it with my fave Opto Pure. Started my shoulder injury exodus the day I got my last two aces three years ago. Two aces in one day should have told me to stop....:\ But, three years, four shoulder injuries and several dozen metals later, I'm back! :thmbup:

Got my second ace today! Wind was gusting about 25mph right-to-left. Got a good rip on my 170g GL Villain which is a straight flyer with a good skip, which I usually play off a sidewalk on this hole (Lake Shawnee Hole #10, ~315 ft)... kept waiting for the usual fade and skip but the disc didn't drop like usual, and then I hear the very loud "ching" of the chains! Couldn't see it because of an obstructing tree, started walking up to the basket and thought it had probably chained out, but once I got there it was lying flat in the bottom of the cage!

No witnesses of course because no one else was crazy enough to go out and play in the wind, which is the only bummer...

Finally after about 3 years of playing I got my first ace today!!!! I'm currently on vacation staying at my Grandparent's place north of Orlando in Tavares.
I finally got out to play at Mt Dora's Lincoln Ave Park Course. It's a smaller 9 holer with holes ranging from 150 to 290. Hole 3 was where it went down. 228 feet, one big tree about 80 feet out on the right blocking the hyzer lane. I threw my 164g recycled River with a little hyzer and had it turnover just a little bit. The pin is 10 feet behind 2 trees with a 10 ft gap. After it leveled out it was dead straight into the bucket.
Of course I was alone, but took a video of myself all worked up over it. Hard to get that worked up over nothing haha... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389553436.884389.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389553479.383312.jpg

Hit an ace today at The Quarry in Sheboygan on Hole 13 (sign reads 11). 148' Forehand shot (I'm a RHBH thrower) with an ESP Force and a bit of luck.

acehole.jpg

Taco2.jpg

Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.

Hit an ace today at The Quarry in Sheboygan on Hole 13 (sign reads 11). 148' Forehand shot (I'm a RHBH thrower) with an ESP Force and a bit of luck.

acehole.jpg

Taco2.jpg

Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.

I'll add that it was off of a teepad covered in ice...

A crowd had gathered at "Top of the World" at Delaveaga as the sun was getting ready to set. After admiring the view of Santa Cruz and Monterey Bay, I stepped on the pad and flicked my Xcaliber. It followed a gentle hyzer all the way to chain glory. Of course, I modestly told the witnesses that I had come from out of town and had only played the course twice!
Even though the basket was in a shorter position, it was pretty epic way to end the day!

Helotes, hole 2 100 and something feet, tunnel shot through the canopy. Released a Buzzz RHBH and it road the line perfectly and then Ca Ching, the sounds of the chains rattling and then watched as it fell out the backside of the basket :( Still waiting for my first Ace or Eagle! Too bad almost doesn't count :)