• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

Thanks Andy. Another ace today. Hole 3 at Interlocken. 220ft skip off the sidewalk with my Proline Aftershock. The wind caused it to skip high enough but I'll take it. It's my 1st skip ace.

blackish ace

Canned a skip ace at hole 1 alton baker park today. Was actually trying to nail the skip route to the long position but the dang basket got in the way! Destroyer on a low hyzer skip in and it stuck. First of the year.

First Ace of the year. Hole 7 at Tumble Tree in Opelika. Went and bought a shark3 last weekend mainly for this hole. About a 250 ft hyzer shot that skipped in.

Career Ace #11 hole #14 May Dennis Park Pratt KS 144ft 177g Gold Line FUSE.
First ace of 2014 and first on this course.

Ace #5 total on hole 5 at Portland Park.

RHBH Avenger SS, thrown left, turned right and never faded straight into the chains. 6 witnesses make if even better.

1cf762a4.jpg

finally canned one with the Envy, first of 2014 and 17th career. Nothing fancy, 205' and pretty much straight (#9 @ Deerwood) but it was sooooo pure and the second it left my hand I knew it was finding chains.

I had an awesome ace today. Hole 3 at Holmes Park in Greenville, SC is a 261' shot that turns to the right around the lazy bend of the creek. I've been throwing an atlas at it, but today, I decided for some reason to throw a Neutron Ion. I threw it on the slightest of anhyzer lines to take it around that corner and with enough height to clear the branch that usually annoys me. On most of my aces, I've thought it looked good as soon as it left my hand. Not this shot. Oh sure, it looked like a good shot, but I never once thought "ACE!" Instead, This one nestled in the chains and caught me almost as completely off guard as my very first ace. It didn't slam the chains. It was more like the feeling of when you haven't seen a good friend for a long time and they hug you. It was like the chains tenderly embraced the disc.

(Ironic that I aced with this pink Neutron Ion, because earlier in the day, I had PIF'd its identical twin to a local guy!)

Aced #3 at Miniwaukan in Mukwonago, WI yesterday. I called in sick to work and went frolfing, glad I did. This makes 4 aces for me. RHFH with a destroyer, and it looked good the whole time.

Aced #3 at Miniwaukan in Mukwonago, WI yesterday. I called in sick to work and went frolfing, glad I did. This makes 4 aces for me. RHFH with a destroyer, and it looked good the whole time.

Your post reminded me of this old joke :D
There was a minister who, one Sunday, decided he was going to take the day off. So, he told one of the assistants that he was in charge of the sermon for the weekend. Then, early in the morning, he took off to a golf course quite a ways away, as to avoid possible confrontations with church members.

God and St. Peter were watching him from heaven. St. Peter turns to God and asks, "You're not going to let him get away with this, are you?"

God just shakes his head.

So, the minister tees up on the first hole. It is a 400 yard par 5. He licks his finger, sticks it up in the air to check the wind direction, sets up, and tees off. Crack! 400-yard hole in one.

While the minister is dancing on the green, St. Peter turns to God, his face aghast. "I thought you were going to punish him!?!?!!?!!"

God slowly turns to St. Peter. "Who's he going to tell?

First ace! Number 2, Timmons Park in Greenville, SC. Got ace pool and CTP for the hole. So much win! Opto Pure all the way!

First ace! Number 2, Timmons Park in Greenville, SC. Got ace pool and CTP for the hole. So much win! Opto Pure all the way!

Congrats Streets! Cashed the first time. Must feel great :clap:

NICE!

Straight in? Hyzer? Skip?

Has that hole been hit the most for dubs aces? I know Aaron hit it once when we were teamed up, skipper with a Rhyno(maybe a Pig).

NICE!

Straight in? Hyzer? Skip?

Has that hole been hit the most for dubs aces? I know Aaron hit it once when we were teamed up, skipper with a Rhyno(maybe a Pig).

I would think #6 was most-aced there during dubs, I've seen two there in just one dbls season. #2 would be a close 2nd (and yes I have an ace on each :)

After going 3 years between Aces, I've now gotten 2 in the last few weeks!

Got #14 today at Shawnee Mission Park. Tee signs are old on here, the short pin is a 324 feet turnover shot. Got it with my DX Dart!