• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR encounters of the 3rd kind

Next up are some pics of my day at France Park in Logansport, In. Discpicable had the unfortunate luck to hafta play a round with me. Thus, it rained on us. :rolleyes:

picture.php

That's Mr. Discpicable on the right. I was sorely disappointed he didn't look like his Hayek avatar.

Here's a pic of the waterfall (unfortunately you don't get to drive off the top of it...:() at France Park.

picture.php

And some of the really cool (looks to be hand-painted in the 70's) signs:

picture.php

picture.php

The weird brown streaks are actually fairly accurate representations of the elevation changes. Neat!

Where'd my disc land?

picture.php

That can't be a good omen. :(

Wait, where's my disc now?

picture.php

Oh...under the massive snarl of rusty barbed wire. Cool.

I shot about that well (or slightly worse) for the rest of that afternoon. Fate? :rolleyes:

France Park's Map.

Great, we found the map, now where's the compass?!

picture.php

We never did find the piece of Triforce, even after two full rounds. :\

Good times. We'll take another crack at France Park. And I promise we'll find the Triforce this time.

I think we need to drop a bomb in the Dodongo's mouth, or something.

Seriously, though, I noticed after looking at the map a bit more that we missed "F" each time through. "F" is right after 18, and takes us right back towards 1's tee.

I think we need to drop a bomb in the Dodongo's mouth, or something.

Seriously, though, I noticed after looking at the map a bit more that we missed "F" each time through. "F" is right after 18, and takes us right back towards 1's tee.

I don't remember seeing a basket there. I do see where we missed the red tee for #3. :doh:

Updating my list of cools DGCR people to throw with:

Carpy (my dad) DiscJon, Toothyfish, firefinger, Simpletwist, Nerdboy

\/\/

I don't remember seeing a basket there. I do see where we missed the red tee for #3. :doh:

Oh snap! Well, with all the twists and turns and ups and downs at that place, it's a minor miracle we found any of the holes.

Next trip to france park PM me?... like to have a "dgcr Encounter of the 3rd kind". France was, if I remember correctly, my first 18 hole,in the woods,with hills I played. 16 Years later I'm lucky to make par! (Yes now pro, not course par) VERY Well Designed course! I believe Alen Pier and Brian Cummings (2010 Worlds Lemon Lake Complex designer) designed it. Go to indydiscgolf.com and then go to "Indiana Hall of Fame" page for more info about these two DG'ers. They designed most of the north central Indiana courses. They also started the longest running touraments in the world, the "Indiana Fall series".

Okey dokey. Picture time!!!!! :)

Here's a pic of Jukeshoe and Trashthrasher.

Total badasses, I know, right? ;)

picture.php

I was still a bit hung over at that point...

We're throwing up the devil horns in memory of Ronnie James Dio. Or not. But revisionist history is fun.

1 hungover & 1 drunk on Milwaukee's Best Ice (5.9%). I dye those hairs individually gray like that so I can more easily score with middle aged M.I.L.F.'s. We saw a "Shocker" sticker on a bumper & I had to explain it to him. It must not have made it's way down to Indiana yet. His hangover somehow affected my putting, but good times none the less.:thmbup:

Next trip to france park PM me?... like to have a "dgcr Encounter of the 3rd kind". France was, if I remember correctly, my first 18 hole,in the woods,with hills I played. 16 Years later I'm lucky to make par! (Yes now pro, not course par) VERY Well Designed course! I believe Alen Pier and Brian Cummings (2010 Worlds Lemon Lake Complex designer) designed it. Go to indydiscgolf.com and then go to "Indiana Hall of Fame" page for more info about these two DG'ers. They designed most of the north central Indiana courses. They also started the longest running touraments in the world, the "Indiana Fall series".

I recognized the Pier baskets right away.

Edit: It would be cool if we camped there as well.

Done. We'll hit you up next crack we take at it.

Yeah, the design was pretty stellar. I couldn't believe how such a solid course was just absolutely deserted on a fairly nice (it did rain a touch) Friday afternoon. We played pro par on the long tees and it was uuuuugly. Well, Discpicable shot solid rounds at least.

Done. We'll hit you up next crack we take at it.

Yeah, the design was pretty stellar. I couldn't believe how such a solid course was just absolutely deserted on a fairly nice (it did rain a touch) Friday afternoon. We played pro par on the long tees and it was uuuuugly. Well, Discpicable shot solid rounds at least.

I'm pretty sure you beat me that first round.

1 hungover & 1 drunk on Milwaukee's Best Ice (5.9%). I dye those hairs individually gray like that so I can more easily score with middle aged M.I.L.F.'s. We saw a "Shocker" sticker on a bumper & I had to explain it to him. It must not have made it's way down to Indiana yet. His hangover somehow affected my putting, but good times none the less.:thmbup:

Dude, I was lucky to know where I was that day, let alone what some random bumper sticker was! :D

It is true about his hair. He was busy dyeing them when I arrived. After he took the curlers out and shooed away all the ready and willing MILF's, we shook hands and hit the course. :D

Really. *random emoticon*

It probably didn't feel like it because of the bad taste that last round left in my mouth. Anyone know how to remove "Terrible Disc Golf Round Taste" from your mouth?

I've tried bleach, comet, and pine needles, all with no luck. :|