• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Justin Trails meet up

My skills are definitely not at the long tee level either, but I like a challenge. When I'm traveling and can only play one round at a course with multiple tees, I've chosen longs almost every time.

That actually sounds like a good forecast in my book. I'll take a bit of rain and clouds. As long as it's not a total scorcher.

Last weekend was freaking hot. Was out there spectating at the Preserve and I don't know much about heat stroke but I have had zero energy this week. Getting old I guess, and the sun is hotter than it used to be...

My skills are definitely not at the long tee level either, but I like a challenge. When I'm traveling and can only play one round at a course with multiple tees, I've chosen longs almost every time.

Agreed,
although on coiurses I have played before, I am starting to lean more towards the shorter tees...

That actually sounds like a good forecast in my book. I'll take a bit of rain and clouds. As long as it's not a total scorcher.

I would prefer rain after, mostly because from what I have heard there are lots of hills...
According to udisc like fifty floors worth...

:sick:

I would prefer rain after, mostly because from what I have heard there are lots of hills...
According to udisc like fifty floors worth...

:sick:

On the plus side, we have a whole mob playing, so pace will be slower, plenty of time to rest. At least I'd assume that'd be the case.

About 4 days out...

Weather forecast

Mostly sunny skies.
High near 85F.
Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Are we still starting a 11am?

On the plus side, we have a whole mob playing, so pace will be slower, plenty of time to rest. At least I'd assume that'd be the case.

That's what I keep telling myself, lol.

I'd be down to start earlier, but I think the wolves are working Friday night and need to sleep.

We could probably do 10. Usually don't get home from work until about 11:30.

We could probably do 10. Usually don't get home from work until about 11:30.

It's probably too late in the game to change plans, unless everyone really prefers 10.

10:30 AM it is.

Sound good?

I have zero options for getting off the day before, or leaving work early on the 14th. I like having things set in stone. Why are we changing things last minute? :wall:

I started this thread almost 3 months ago...

One of things I find impressive about wolfhaley is his meticulous planning / scheduling. I'm guessing most of us have read his roadtrip threads. Maybe the rest of you plan out and execute trips like that, but I tend to have a general plan and wing some of it. That being said I think the 11 am compromise proposal was thoughtfully chosen and we should stick to it.

10:30 AM it is.

Sound good?

I have zero options for getting off the day before, or leaving work early on the 14th. I like having things set in stone. Why are we changing things last minute? :wall:

I started this thread almost 3 months ago...

Does that mean 10:30 is just kidding around??? Is it still 11:00? :D

Also, are you gonna be there? That'd be awesome if you were. :clap:

I'm gonna try, as of right now I'm planning on it! I will post Friday night for sure one way or another so you nobody has to worry about it on Saturday. If I don't post on Friday then I've had something terrible happen and I won't be making it.

One of things I find impressive about wolfhaley is his meticulous planning / scheduling. I'm guessing most of us have read his roadtrip threads. Maybe the rest of you plan out and execute trips like that, but I tend to have a general plan and wing some of it. That being said I think the 11 am compromise proposal was thoughtfully chosen and we should stick to it.

Good point, thanks for getting this together wolfhaley. Let's stick with the original plan of 11 since the timing makes more of a difference for him than the rest of us. Since it may take a bit to round up our mob of golfers, we could just try to show up any time before but aim to tee at 11.

Yeah, sorry for opening that can of worms. I'm fine with whatever works best for the group.

It's all good. Let's loosely plan on 11 for a tee time. I was planning on getting there at 10:30 anyway to pay, figure out how exactly we're going to play this and be ready to go by 11.

The weather is looking good last I checked. 👍

Latest posts