• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Survey

greens

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
While I am continuing to work on issues as posted in the forum/e-mail, I wanted to do a larger round of survey to better understand what to work on long-term.

We are now on up to date software development standards so accomplishing the goals/needs/wants of the community both on web and mobile will be MUCH easier.

Please if you have a few minutes would you please help out and respond using this link;

Last edited:
Yes, the site used to run on vBulletin 3 which was EOL many years ago. Once I got on board my sole focus was getting us onto standard, secure, up to date software and software development protocols. We are there, so now the new focus is on feature development.

Oh rats, I forgot when I filled out my survey that it's essential that everyone display their preferred pronouns somehow. Because that's obviously the most important thing to any disc golf website. Am I accepted now?

Work on fixing this dumb issue I'm having of not having permission to literally update a course. Why is this an issue? Why is updating a course not possible?

Survey completed, but think the most basic functions of this site need work.

Oh rats, I forgot when I filled out my survey that it's essential that everyone display their preferred pronouns somehow. Because that's obviously the most important thing to any disc golf website. Am I accepted now?
Do you always have to be a jerk, or do you occasionally take a break from it?

nar·cis·sism
[ˈnärsəˌsizəm]
    • PSYCHOLOGY
      selfishness, involving a sense of entitlement, a lack of empathy, and a need for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.

Work on fixing this dumb issue I'm having of not having permission to literally update a course. Why is this an issue? Why is updating a course not possible?

Thanks for the feedback -we have trusted reviewers that can update but we do put limitations on new accounts to prevent malicious intent. Will look to see how we can work on this maybe offer those to moderation to ensure the changes are correct.

Have you seen the disaster made of UDisc courses? The simplest thing of layouts is one of my biggest peeves about the app. Few things more frustrating than traveling to a new course, opening up the scoring app and having 3 dozen personal course layouts to work through.

Have you seen the disaster made of UDisc courses? The simplest thing of layouts is one of my biggest peeves about the app. Few things more frustrating than traveling to a new course, opening up the scoring app and having 3 dozen personal course layouts to work through.
I've been using UDisc for over a year, and have not played a lot of courses, but from the bit that I have, I've not seen a single issue. Almost every one is a Smart Layout, and are pretty accurate. There's only one course that I play that has a few different ones, and they are never the first layout to choose. It's not difficult to click and look at the Smart Layout or whatever the top layout is. If there's a ton of personal ones added, that's because the Ambassador doesn't bother to keep your course in check.

Sounds like the courses you want to play have a bunch of people adding their own layouts. I don't see how that's a bad thing about UDisc. It's not like you have to click or choose any of them anyways. The first option is almost always the most played and accurate. Sounds like a pretty minor thing to consider a disaster.

But I can see how that could be a little ridiculous, but I personally like the fact that people can make their own layout.

...Sounds like the courses you want to play have a bunch of people adding their own layouts. I don't see how that's a bad thing about UDisc...
Personally, my biggest concern is the potential for completely unsafe 'safari' layouts being 'promoted' by that app. Quickest way to get a course pulled is to have the park district discover that you aren't playing the course according to their specified safety concerns.

Example: I've seen courses designed in collaboration with the park board to limit throws from heading toward playgrounds, shelters, and paths, and then seen a layout in udisc that forces these types of throws because someone thought they represent a cool challenge.

Personally, my biggest concern is the potential for completely unsafe 'safari' layouts being 'promoted' by that app. Quickest way to get a course pulled is to have the park district discover that you aren't playing the course according to their specified safety concerns.

Example: I've seen courses designed in collaboration with the park board to limit throws from heading toward playgrounds, shelters, and paths, and then seen a layout in udisc that forces these types of throws because someone thought they represent a cool challenge.
Limiting Course Ambassadors eliminates this issue.

Taking it a step further:
"Limiting Course Ambassadors to responsible people eliminates this problem."
what's a course ambassador? how does one gain such a prestigious sounding title?

Ah, I guess because I am a "Trusted" no one other than TimG has added more "media" than I have and I have added over 100 courses to this page along with trying to fix any I come across that are messed up, I was able to un expire a course today that I played this week.

Now the question is, I found two courses added this last week that are already in the system. I did "report" them. One is not pinpointed in the right spot, the other is identical to another course I have played and already have listed. Not sure why the person added it again unless it's similar to the deal I had with Boomtown when trying to find it on the map.

BTW, the "Practice" course I un-expired is not showing up on a map search. If you search all the courses in the town, it shows up and says it's playable. But it is not showing up on the map. Does it take some time for this to happen?

Oh, I am WAY behind in adding course photo's. I have over 1000 more to add from this summer.

what's a course ambassador? how does one gain such a prestigious sounding title?
You can apply for it thru the UDisc website, provided there's not already one assigned to the course.
Personally, it gives me the ability to control any random edits people feel they can make to the course i designed, installed and maintain. I also have the ability to view detailed scoring stats for the course. I recently moved a tee back on one hole and those stats give me a look into whether a par change for that hole is needed.

You can apply for it thru the UDisc website, provided there's not already one assigned to the course.
Personally, it gives me the ability to control any random edits people feel they can make to the course i designed, installed and maintain. I also have the ability to view detailed scoring stats for the course. I recently moved a tee back on one hole and those stats give me a look into whether a par change for that hole is needed.
Ahhh. A UDisc thing. Indeed. Sounds like you're basically a moderator for the course, only I do like the sound of "Ambassador". On the one hand it sounds a bit prestigious and cool. On the other hand it sounds like udisc found a way to get people to do their job for them for free. That is probably a bit cynical though, there's no way for anyone to be able to oversee that many courses in that way, so it makes sense to farm it out to locals or the course's actual designer/installer.

I am starting to think that DGCR need moderators. (preferably trusted ones) that can do some of the editing on courses.

I am not sure of the permissions, I seem to be able to do just about anything to a course right now.

Latest posts