• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 Dynamic Discs Open Apr 28-May 1

Also, Ive come to loathe the Jomez hole 1 featurettes. MAYBE if there is an interesting player who we arent familiar with yet. But to listen to blah blah blah about their significant others etc. I came to watch disc golf to be played, not a telenovela. Sure, you can skip it but its just driving me up the wall. Next they will have Heimburgs goldfish on there for 2 minutes.

I probably would have liked these a lot more as a newer fan to the game. and I definitely can still learn new things about players from this. but man... I also don't care for them at all

Yesterday, MPO with 534 OB penalties recorded in a field of 115 = 4.6 penalties per player per round. One might think the field would be relieved they're headed to the Country Club for R3. However, in R3 last year, MPO had 693 OB penalties in a field of 135 for 5.1 penalties per player per round. There are some design solutions to reduce/eliminate the need for OB but those wanting to constrain disc golf to ball golf design elements won't want to hear them.

Not often you see someone play 12 strokes better than they played the day before. Way to go Kristin!

Kona now in 21st and 16 strokes back of the lead. Does she cut into that lead with a good final round, or does she finish 20+ back of first again? I hope she's making DD some money on the back end, because she's not making any on the course. $3,000 for the year so far?

I know not everyone is a fan of the wind and OB but I love watching this test the players mental and physical abilities. Very much like a good US or British Open.

I've always cringed at Terry constantly referring himself as "The Disc Golf Guy" but he is their best play by play and doing great. He and Nate have some good chemistry too.

I've always cringed at Terry constantly referring himself as "The Disc Golf Guy" but he is their best play by play and doing great. He and Nate have some good chemistry too.

I agree, he and Nate are a good team.

I thought disc golf guy was weird too at first. The explanation I heard is he was doing a clinic at a school and the kids didn't know his name so they called him the disc golf guy.

I agree, he and Nate are a good team.

I thought disc golf guy was weird too at first. The explanation I heard is he was doing a clinic at a school and the kids didn't know his name so they called him the disc golf guy.

It's not the name that bugs me but that he constantly introduces himself or refers to himself as as "Terry Miller The Disc Golf Guy" even when they throw it over to him for a player interview.

It's not the name that bugs me but that he constantly introduces himself or refers to himself as as "Terry Miller The Disc Golf Guy" even when they throw it over to him for a player interview.

It's his brand. I'm ok with it.

I would like to hear them. Also, I'm a person that thinks OB is a fine tool for testing accuracy.
The problem isn't the idea of hazards but that they cost a sometimes-fluky penalty stroke plus sometimes up to a full stroke's worth of distance which isn't even captured in the stats. Too much penalty for the risk.