• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 Dynamic Discs Open Apr 28-May 1

The problem isn't the idea of hazards but that they cost a sometimes-fluky penalty stroke plus sometimes up to a full stroke's worth of distance which isn't even captured in the stats. Too much penalty for the risk.

I don't love stroke and distance in any golf but is that your alternative? Maybe we should have a thread in OB alternatives.

Kona now in 21st and 16 strokes back of the lead. Does she cut into that lead with a good final round, or does she finish 20+ back of first again? I hope she's making DD some money on the back end, because she's not making any on the course. $3,000 for the year so far?

Kristen's rating is 980. Her rounds were rated 939 & 1020: she's averaging 979.5
Kona's rating is 945. Her rounds were rated 953 & 936: she's averaging 944.5

The difference in their ratings is 35 points, and ratings per throw for the tournament is about 7, so that's an expected difference of 5 throws per round. Since there are 4 rounds, that's an expected difference of 20 throws.

Just sayin'.

Kristen's rating is 980. Her rounds were rated 939 & 1020: she's averaging 979.5
Kona's rating is 945. Her rounds were rated 953 & 936: she's averaging 944.5

The difference in their ratings is 35 points, and ratings per throw for the tournament is about 7, so that's an expected difference of 5 throws per round. Since there are 4 rounds, that's an expected difference of 20 throws.

Just sayin'.

I just think many people see the fact that both is payed the same. . .but as you say, their rating is reflecting their play..not the pay

Brodie was in the lead for one hole, then his game imploded. . i know that feeling

I just think many people see the fact that both is payed the same. . .but as you say, their rating is reflecting their play..not the pay

Also, that these two rounds aren't yielding new data to inspire new comments (although comments might be made if either round were isolated ;))

I like watching the pros struggle personally. Conrad said it yesterday, the course is forcing them to be aggressive because the lay up is much less safe than usual standards. So hes saying, grip and rip, deal with the OB as it comes. If you saw Matty Os fourth shot on 16 yesterday or Thomas Gilbert's third just now on the same hole, thats exactly what i mean. Its puting the mental game front and center as well.

Last edited:
If we wish disc golf to become popular like baseball, millions of fans, events with 50.000 fans in attendance, millions of dollars in merchandising, billions in TV contracts....we must make the "faces of our game" recognizable and connected to our viewers.

I can't imagine disc golf ever getting that popular, and if it did, did it end up costing a hell of a lot more than it does now. I'm not convinced that kind of growth is a good thing.

I had never noticed the Wooooo.

Then I heard people complaining about the Wooooo.

Now I can't unhear the Wooooo.

(How many o's are there in Wooooo?)

It seemed to me that either she wasn't woooing so much today, or that DGN finally did something and cut the microphone after Ricky's shots. Or the wind blocked her woooo's.

Our story so far...
FPO
attachment.php
MPO
attachment.php

These are ...
...not the kind of readings you would expect to get from a finely tuned skill-testing instrument. Yea, excitement!

Attachments

• DDO22R12FPO.png
    DDO22R12FPO.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 180
  • DDO22R12MPO.png
    DDO22R12MPO.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 183
Hole 1 is not good as a first hole.

Two main points to me—the layup is pretty useless in Kansas winds. It's a small island green, why add in the elevated basket?

Hole 1 sets a tone for the round and the tone is this round is not going to be fun.

The gap and the island itself are a nice design.

Haven't read the entire thread yet, but agree. McBeth takes a 6, no way indicative of his skill level, he parked it in round 1.

Why not just play it as casual. Park it, great you win a birdie. If not, you can still get a par. Not overly punitive but rewards a perfect drive.

That's the thing with O/B, it often is so overly punitive. Kansas wind is punitive enough or at least challenging enough.

Tell me Worlds isnt on this layout. The most boring course Ive yet watched. Some good par 3s. Snooze golf.

Also, Ive come to loathe the Jomez hole 1 featurettes. MAYBE if there is an interesting player who we arent familiar with yet. But to listen to blah blah blah about their significant others etc. I came to watch disc golf to be played, not a telenovela. Sure, you can skip it but its just driving me up the wall. Next they will have Heimburgs goldfish on there for 2 minutes.

They don't even talk about their BBQ preferences. What a missed opportunity. Or at least their favorite GG jerky flavor...

Heads will explode if he gets a win.

I would be very, very surprised if he finishes in the top 10.
I know he has gotten video coverage in the past, but I feel like this will be the first time he has earned it.
Playing on the lead card for a pro tournament is a big step for him, it will be interesting to see how he handles it.

So how exactly do you build a championship level course, that challenges the pros, doesnt allow a hot round of -14, forces risk/reward decisions, in Kansas, without a bunch of artificialOB? Where its flat and there's .087 trees per acre.

Is location the problem? As previously mentioned, the pros on the Q&A had no problem saying Kansas was not their favorite place to play.

So how exactly do you build a championship level course, that challenges the pros, doesnt allow a hot round of -14, forces risk/reward decisions, in Kansas, without a bunch of artificialOB? Where its flat and there's .087 trees per acre.

Is location the problem? As previously mentioned, the pros on the Q&A had no problem saying Kansas was not their favorite place to play.

I'd like to see what would happen if we simply removed the penalty throws. Everything else the same.