• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc bag alternative ideas?

i have a small disc bag that holds about 8 discs. thats all i take with me now. but back when i carried all my discs i used an Alice pack.

A.L.I.C.E. (All Purpose, Light Weight, Individual, Carrying Equipment) Pack.

back pack. works great!
ogiopack01.jpg

A friend used his old backpack from when he was in high school.

I have seen people use the plastic shopping bags but they can tear like mentioned. If it tears while your on the course please don't leave it unless it's in the trash can.

I have also seen a guy who made his own pull cart by using a dolly, milkcrate, and a small cooler. He attached some utility hooks on the back of it and had an umbrella and towels hanging there. The other stuff was held on by bungee cords. He had an extra cord that he used to strap the thing to a tree if he was on a hill.

I think you should go with the fanny pack. Perhaps with a headband and high socks.

Just carry the only three discs you need (Teebird, Roc, Aviar). Hold two in your off hand when you're throwing. It will cut 20 minutes off the time it takes to play a round and shave at leat two points off your personal course record. People will think you're a noob and you can smoke em'. You'll be a "sleeper", like a Chevette with a 454 under the hood. ;)

This won't work on water courses or with super dense schule. :|

ive seen a few six pack coolers with shoulder straps that work good but can never get anyone to sell me theirs and thats a pretty random item to find in super walmart , to give you an idea its about the same size as the small golfmate bag

Just carry the only three discs you need (Teebird, Roc, Aviar). Hold two in your off hand when you're throwing. It will cut 20 minutes off the time it takes to play a round and shave at leat two points off your personal course record. People will think you're a noob and you can smoke em'. You'll be a "sleeper", like a Chevette with a 454 under the hood. ;)

This won't work on water courses or with super dense schule. :|

chevette w/ a 454? LOL know i know your bs'ing...you can't fit a big block in a chevette can you?

Two different ideas here. The 2nd is my favorite, although the more refined DG player may prefer the first.

nick lachey with dooney and bourke man bag.jpg

Nick Lachey seems pretty happy with his man's bag from Dooney and Bourke. (Who the heck is Nick Lachey by the way? It said he's a celebrity.) I've seen women's bag in dept. stores from D & B for a couple hunderd. And you'd be totally stylin'. :p

milk crate.jpg

This one is more my speed... and in my price range too. :D Plus it doubles as a chair. And if you need a little bit more reach to get to your disc in the tree... well what other bag can you stand on?

Just carry the only three discs you need (Teebird, Roc, Aviar). .... You'll be a "sleeper", like a Chevette with a 454 under the hood. ;) :|

That's what I'm doing now, except there's no 454 under my hood. More like a Geo 3-cylinder. And I think red kneepads would go really well with the fanny pack, headband, and high socks.

A guy at my course uses a baby stroller filled with discs and beer. A little much for me, but it doubles as a great conversation starter.

I told my bro-in-law to swap his 4 cyl in his 86 nova for a ZR-1. I think that would qualify as a sleeper. Also, there was a guy around here (South eastern VA) who fit a vette engine in to a Jeep Cherokee. From the outside you would never know.

I used one of those emergency road side asistance bags you get from wal-mart to put in your car incase you breakdown. I got it for a gift years before i started golfing and when i saw it in my car i emptied it out and used that still i got my Innova Comp. bag. Other ideas that i have seen if you play on a open course people used the golf bag caddies and just remodified them with somethings things they had laying around the house.

As far as the 454 in the chevette it fits fine and looks good when finished. just have to redo the engine mounts and upgrade the front suspension. O and one last thing make sure to do a subframe lol we did this to a friend car for fun one day.

View attachment 412

This one is more my speed... and in my price range too. :D Plus it doubles as a chair. And if you need a little bit more reach to get to your disc in the tree... well what other bag can you stand on?

And they even come in a wide variety of colors (fruity and not so fruity to please all DGers) and a wide variety of sizes for all shapes and sizes of DGers.
LOL thats pretty funny.

The bag I for mention http://www.outdoorproducts.com/proddetail.aspx?sku=598U, I just bought it from walmart for 32 buck, it has a hydration bladder in it. This newer model holds the discs much better and i'm thinking it's going to work great for me, and likely last longer than the last one. It can hold 12 discs easy but i've cut back to 8.

Two different ideas here. The 2nd is my favorite, although the more refined DG player may prefer the first.

View attachment 411

Nick Lachey seems pretty happy with his man's bag from Dooney and Bourke. (Who the heck is Nick Lachey by the way? It said he's a celebrity.) I've seen women's bag in dept. stores from D & B for a couple hunderd. And you'd be totally stylin'. :p

View attachment 412

I don't have a picture right now but I have a bigger milk crate. yours 12" x 12" might hold 15-18 discs across, but mine is about 18" long and can hold 22-27 discs! I'll post a pic if I think of it.

Wal-mart backpack: $20. Has lasted a year so far. Couple of minor tears, 2 big pockets, three small pockets and mesh pockets on the side that are exactly mini-sized.

That's what I'm doing now, except there's no 454 under my hood. More like a Geo 3-cylinder. And I think red kneepads would go really well with the fanny pack, headband, and high socks.

A guy at my course uses a baby stroller filled with discs and beer. A little much for me, but it doubles as a great conversation starter.

Ive seen quite a few strollers. The Disc golf carts seem to be getting prety popular aswell.

Latest posts